A statement

A statement from myself and as Minister of Defence of the United Blue Directorate.

Well looks like I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar and for that I am sorry. Contrary to MK statements, no I was not after "military secrets", I was after a recruiting program that I found in CNTE one day and that subsequently disappeared. I had tracked this down to a MK nation and thought I could find it. I am now paying for my actions. This was a personal operation, the reason Slybomber or anyone else knew nothing else about this was simply because I did not deem to inform them. They are as much innocents as are the general membership of the UBD. A quick note for MK, Bahman did not know anything about any of this. If you have decency, let him be. The same for the general membership of the alliance: focus on the perpertators, not the civillians.

I think it also safe to say that the United Blue Directorate shall not be seeking, and if as is highly doubtful, shall be rejecting military assistance from mutual defence and optional defence treaty partners.

I have made my apologies to the membership and Directors of the UBD and I have only one logicial and remaining honourable thing left to do. I herby subsequently resign, as has Slybomber already, from both my ministership of the United Blue Directorate, and my membership of the United Blue Directorate. I do hope that these actions might shorten the suffering of the United Blue Directorate membership. Sad tidings, two and a half years of effort in the United Blue Directorate come to an end in the hands of a foreign power. If my shame is too great to return to the United Blue Directorate after this war is done, I shall perfom my hara kari and commit a bLUEicide, something that I think many people have not seen in a while. Time may tell.

mdnss69

Now of no alliance.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad tidings, two and a half years of effort in the United Blue Directorate come to an end in the hands of a foreign power. If my shame is too great to return to the United Blue Directorate after this war is done, I shall perfom my hara kari and commit a bLUEicide, something that I think many people have not seen in a while. Time may tell.

mdnss69

Now of no alliance.

That foreign power wouldn't have done it if you didn't spy. Owe up to your mistakes, don't play the beaten child card here.

Also threatening LUEicide is a big no-no.

First, too late now...

Have fun leaving behind a destroyed alliance instead of trying to help rebuilding it.

Well, there's not really much he can do, having been sentenced to a ZI by MK.

That foreign power wouldn't have done it if you didn't spy. Owe up to your mistakes, don't play the beaten child card here.

Also threatening LUEicide is a big no-no.

Precisely. LUEicide will possibly get your entire alliance rolled by someone not so generous with terms as MK.

Did you even read their DoW?

Apparently not.

"I wasn't spying for _____, I was spying for _____."

Excellent course of action. Seconds of ZI, anyone?

Yeah, smart move mdnss. Real smooth.

Not a smart move mdnss ...

</thread>

This was a personal operation, the reason Slybomber or anyone else knew nothing else about this was simply because I did not deem to inform them. They are as much innocents as are the general membership of the UBD. A quick note for MK, Bahman did not know anything about any of this. If you have decency, let him be. The same for the general membership of the alliance: focus on the perpertators, not the civillians.

This contradicts The MK DoW.

We approached the United Blue Directorate's top level leadership, and opened dialogues with Slybomber. He played the part of a distressed leader perfectly, and offered up a match on our IP. He implicated Bahman, his Assistant Minister of Internal Affairs. Something seemed wrong, and as we delve deeper we discovered they were attempting to deceive us in an effort to mitigate damage and conceal the extent of their misdeeds. Once we untangled their web of lies, Slybomber finally confessed. They have spied on multiple alliances, though they claim they cannot identify any others, and have been collecting their guides. They have been doing this for some time now, and have been posting them on a board viewable by their entire government.

Slybomber offered up Bahman, and admitted that the whole gov was in view of spied intel. So either the left hand didn't know what the right was doing, or lying to us. Nice move of you coming out and apologizing, and removing yourself from the alliance you've disgraced, but there's obviously still more that just your single spy operation that was going on here.

regardless of this situation, mdnss you have been a good person and was one of the main reasons UBD achieved what it did before this situation. I hope that you don't let this one mistake (as big and dumb tbh a mistake it was) run you off of cyberverse.

This contradicts The MK DoW.

Slybomber offered up Bahman, and admitted that the whole gov was in view of spied intel. So either the left hand didn't know what the right was doing, or lying to us. Nice move of you coming out and apologizing, and removing yourself from the alliance you've disgraced, but there's obviously still more that just your single spy operation that was going on here.

To note: I think he's clarifying just what kind of "guides" he was trying to find. As much as I can figure, they left preemptively from the alliance to either take their guilt into their own hands or they left because they did not want to deal with their problem as it the consequences were being laid out to the "unsuspecting civilians" of their former alliance. I personally would love clarification on that, and to tell mdnss69 that if he wants to be of no alliance, his information should reflect this change (before people go asking questions, I mean his forum information). :awesome:

Edited by Jiraya

To note: I think he's clarifying just what kind of "guides" he was trying to find. As much as I can figure, they left preemptively from the alliance to either take their guilt into their own hands or they left because they did not want to deal with their problem as it the consequences were being laid out to the "unsuspecting civilians" of their former alliance. I personally would love clarification on that, and to tell mdnss69 that if he wants to be of no alliance, his information should reflect this change. :awesome:

Your correct assumption would be the former. Before posting my resignation I left military listings, rosters and instructions hands of my fellow ex-Ministers for them to do as they will. My resignation reflects the shame I have brought to my (ex-)alliance, not an attempt to flee guilt. I have left personal details for UBD members if they wish to contact me on the UBD forum, as has Sly and Bahman. If UBD members want answers or questios, they have the details.

This is my last post in this topic, so I bid you all a happy happy easter monday.

Oh BTW, someone tell FOB that MK have it covered. No need for bandwagoneering.

Considering you're being sentenced to a single ZI and to my knowledge not being removed from your alliance or placed under any other restriction by us, committing suicide seems to be a wild overreaction.

EDIT: and if FoB are joining in, it is at our request ;)

Edited by Matthew George

Man up, take your lumps, and lead your alliance when it most needs a leader. Redeem yourself in the fire of our crucible!

This is excellent advice. No time like wartime to rebuild your reputation.

I think it also safe to say that the United Blue Directorate shall not be seeking, and if as is highly doubtful, shall be rejecting military assistance from mutual defence and optional defence treaty partners.

I don't think it was forthcoming anyway, but you *could* have at least asked. <_<

No, resignation from office is the right thing to do. Resignation from the alliance? You really aren't saving anyone any pain by doing so. Your alliance is being punished as a group and you are not exempt. At least pretend to counterattack and perhaps save them a bit of damage.

Then again, you're at DEFCON 4 (?!). Exactly what constitutes a national emergency and going to DEFCON 1 in your nation, the pizza delivery guy doesn't take checks?