Atlantis Members

Chris of Khi

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the good old days when Atlantis first formed. That sure kept us occupied; then we went from mortal enemies to inches away from an MDP (at least it seemed so from our perspective.) I still can't fathom how Atlantis ended up with us declaring war on the GOONS.

I agree. The whole thing about keeping them off of Aqua was something for us OE'ers to use to relief tension between us and you and NATO.

But now there is a bunch of ex-Atlantis in my alliance now, what joy..

Atlantis VS. TPF 1 on 1 would've been a sight. It wasn't though as TPF diplomatically dismantled Atlantis.

I beg to differ. Part of the plan was diplomatically isolating them. They had 3 treaty cancellations in one day (TGE, NATO and IRON)...the only treaty they had left of any substance was NPO...and something tells me we could have gotten that canceled at any time. ;)

As Vir will admit, we had Atlantis under intense diplomatic pressure...anytime they were in treaty talks, the alliance they were talking to would come to us.

As for the war, it wouldn't have been TPF vs Atlantis 1 v 1. It probably would have been TPF + OPP vs. Atlantis as that was a even match up numbers wise.

Terrible alliance. I'm glad they're gone.

You can't hide your love. - You're only lying to yourself.

As Vir will admit, we had Atlantis under intense diplomatic pressure...anytime they were in treaty talks, the alliance they were talking to would come to us.

Do you remember the time we were talking to TOOL, and you simply joined the channel without any warning. And then everything got very awkward >_<

I think it was pretty obvious that he was joking what with the whole "fingers in my ear saying lalalala" bit.

I think it was pretty obvious that your face was joking.

Do you remember the time we were talking to TOOL, and you simply joined the channel without any warning. And then everything got very awkward >_<

Yes...and I also remember crashing the white bloc talks you held behind our backs. You guys acted so surprised that we crashed without an invitation.

It's all good though...hell, you and I joked about how much fun it was being enemies despite the fact we were friendly OOC.

Oh lawdy, I remember that. Good times.

Yes...and I also remember crashing the white bloc talks you held behind our backs. You guys acted so surprised that we crashed without an invitation.

Was that the one right after the UJW, where they invited EVERYONE but TPF? :P I was talking to you or OBM in query (can't remember which), and I was like "So why isn't anyone from TPF at the White Unity conference?" And y'all were like "WTF?" Then you all burst in unexpectedly, much to Atlantis's surprise. Ironically, me and OBM came up with the idea that would much later become WET/SNOW in query during all this. :P

-Bama

Yes! o/

If only GATO would post in here; then this thread would be complete. :)

I keep telling you guys to use the GATO light. Just because it's brown doesn't mean we'll never see it on a dark sky.

Wad up Chris

Also the first real alliance I joined properly after Atlantis was MK -> Hyperion -> New Phoenix Order :P (when I was planing on leaving CN ) -> Vox (then I left cn for a few months ) -> Greenland Republic where I am now

As for the war, it wouldn't have been TPF vs Atlantis 1 v 1. It probably would have been TPF + OPP vs. Atlantis as that was a even match up numbers wise.

Excuse my interjection, but I must. First sentence is correct. Second, not so much. Yes, OPP would have gotten involved, but so would Valhalla, GGA, NPO, IRON, MXCA and the rest of the gang. The hegemony wouldn't allow you to take unnecessary damage in a war that isn't a beat down. Plus, I know you wouldn't be up to it anyway.

As for the whole cold war thing.....didn't happen that way. That implies the sides were even. You always had NPO backing you. You had nothing to lose. For months all you really did was threaten Atlantis. Really, it's not much to brag about since you had the hegemony backing you (as you are part of the core of it). But yes, this is nothing but digression here. I just figured I'd share my uninformed opinion.

Anyway, Atlantis was a good alliance. I miss them. Must say the sudden disbandment did come as a surprise to me though.

Excuse my interjection, but I must. First sentence is correct. Second, not so much. Yes, OPP would have gotten involved, but so would Valhalla, GGA, NPO, IRON, MXCA and the rest of the gang. The hegemony wouldn't allow you to take unnecessary damage in a war that isn't a beat down. Plus, I know you wouldn't be up to it anyway.

As for the whole cold war thing.....didn't happen that way. That implies the sides were even. You always had NPO backing you. You had nothing to lose. For months all you really did was threaten Atlantis. Really, it's not much to brag about since you had the hegemony backing you (as you are part of the core of it). But yes, this is nothing but digression here. I just figured I'd share my uninformed opinion.

Anyway, Atlantis was a good alliance. I miss them. Must say the sudden disbandment did come as a surprise to me though.

Actually, that was not my plan. I didn't want to curbstomp Atlantis nor did I want them to disband. I joked about beating them silly and moving them to grey, but that would have killed a lot of our fun. The only reason allies were prepped was in case anyone else decided to interrupt our fun.

Hell, we ramped up the Senate so we took their last seat shortly before they disbanded.

As far as having NPO backing me, Atlantis was also tied to NPO...if they hadn't spied on NPO as well as TPF...we would have had the war we've all waited for.

As far as having NPO backing me, Atlantis was also tied to NPO...if they hadn't spied on NPO as well as TPF...we would have had the war we've all waited for.

We never did spy on NPO <_<

ColPanic got those screenshots from somebody outside of our alliance and gave them to our leadership immediately so they could deal with it.

Unless there's a different instance you're referring to, in which case I have once again forgotten :P

Actually, that was not my plan. I didn't want to curbstomp Atlantis nor did I want them to disband. I joked about beating them silly and moving them to grey, but that would have killed a lot of our fun. The only reason allies were prepped was in case anyone else decided to interrupt our fun.

Hell, we ramped up the Senate so we took their last seat shortly before they disbanded.

I can back Slayer up on this. I remember him distinctly telling me that Atlantis would not be forced off White or forced to disband.

-Bama