Atlantis Members

Chris of Khi

I wasn't in Atlantis, but it was a wonderful day when her walls crumbled.

Mind if I ask why?

Well, now you can be like everyone else and not give a damn about me. :awesome:

It's a game, don't get your panties in a wad. Some people want to follow the crowd, others want to do things they would never do in RL. I did one of those things.

I suppose it's comforting to know you will never stab your friends in the back in real life... <_<

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were representatives from STA there, Slayer is getting senile:P

And we invited TPF, they just declined.

We stated we were against a white bloc...not that we wanted Atlantis to form a white bloc around us. You held the bloc talks anyway which we justifiably took as a threat.

Excuse me but the bolded part strikes me as odd. Are you telling us that NPO can be talked into not honouring/cancelling treaties? Or that you have a say in Pacifica's foreign policy?

I had constant contact with Pacifican leadership and Atlantis did not. Nothing strange about that.

Well, now you can be like everyone else and not give a damn about me. :awesome:

It's a game, don't get your panties in a wad. Some people want to follow the crowd, others want to do things they would never do in RL. I did one of those things.

I guess following the crowd and being a sorry excuse for yourself instead of having a shred of honour is just more fun for you. :rolleyes:

Edited by Halicore

Wow, it is pathetic to think at one time, Kayvan, I respected you. I guess I was naive with my hopes for Atlantis... with this thread, I realize it wasn't the handful of Gov members that were the reason for the fall (well not the whole reason) It was a bickering memberbase.

LP has done nothing wrong in my book, and Congradulations are in order. Chancellor of Valhalla is a nice position to hold. I may think of the alliance a little better knowing that it is in good hands.

o/ LP

No not at all, I made this thread to see where the membership went. Also I had kind of hoped to see how people felt about the disbandment as it is still a sore topic for me. There are still some members I remember and respect, you are one of them. LP, CZ, Steodon, Donatelo, Drai, Fez the Caliph (He is a true hero) and a few other guys made my time in Atlantis enjoyable and I wanted to see where they were now.

I don't think I will ever move on, unfortunately. I know this sounds very melodramatic, but I was very emotionally attached to Atlantis and am saddened greatly by what happened. I had hoped Hyperion would be Atlantis 2.0 (which it was advertised to me as) but it ended up being a pupet of NpO. Drai, Pip, and Vir took it in directions I could not forsee. Now it doesn't even exist as it was swallowed by GR (whom I still feel very grateful for, for their protection of Atlantis members if I recall during disbandment)

Heck, Atlantis swallowed my first alliance I was ever a part of, The Republic. I detested the absorbtion even though I initially voted in favor. Mainly I was against it because it caused a rift in Republic membership and all of our gov basically formed The Federation. If they had moved into Atlantis with the rest of us, maybe they could have helped steer the ship a little straighter. I forgave Atlantis, the collective entity, and tryed my best to get positions of leadership so as to improve the alliance in anyway I could. The highest I ever got was the Deputy of Defense or whatever we called that position. I did get Minister of Defense once Atlantis disbanded and several of our members attempted to restore order, but it failed ultimately.

I will always fly the banner of Atlantis.

Heck, Atlantis swallowed my first alliance I was ever a part of, The Republic. I detested the absorbtion even though I initially voted in favor. Mainly I was against it because it caused a rift in Republic membership and all of our gov basically formed The Federation. If they had moved into Atlantis with the rest of us, maybe they could have helped steer the ship a little straighter. I forgave Atlantis, the collective entity, and tryed my best to get positions of leadership so as to improve the alliance in anyway I could. The highest I ever got was the Deputy of Defense or whatever we called that position. I did get Minister of Defense once Atlantis disbanded and several of our members attempted to restore order, but it failed ultimately.

I will always fly the banner of Atlantis.

I will fly the banner as well, oh, and I was the one behind the merge. Sorry about that.

Which one?

The Rupublic Merge would have been fine... I blame The Federation members for dropping support and leaving us hanging. The GR merge I don't really know much about other than it pretty much destroyed any chances of rebuilding Atlantis.

Wow, it is pathetic to think at one time, Kayvan, I respected you. I guess I was naive with my hopes for Atlantis... with this thread, I realize it wasn't the handful of Gov members that were the reason for the fall (well not the whole reason) It was a bickering memberbase.

LP has done nothing wrong in my book, and Congradulations are in order. Chancellor of Valhalla is a nice position to hold. I may think of the alliance a little better knowing that it is in good hands.

o/ LP

So I take it spying is okay in your book? That's what LP did. I was friends with him and he betrayed my trust so please forgive me if I don't welcome him with open arms. Please stop with how you expected Hyperion to be Atlantis 2.0 when on numerous occassions it was made clear that it wouldn't be.

However, you would be correct in the reason for the fall. The division in Government and the bickering were key factors in why it fell. Please let your dreams die, the chances of Atlantis ever resurfacing died a long time ago. Even if it did, it wouldn't be the same.

Edited by Halicore

I don't think I will ever move on, unfortunately. I know this sounds very melodramatic, but I was very emotionally attached to Atlantis and am saddened greatly by what happened. I had hoped Hyperion would be Atlantis 2.0 (which it was advertised to me as) but it ended up being a pupet of NpO. Drai, Pip, and Vir took it in directions I could not forsee. Now it doesn't even exist as it was swallowed by GR (whom I still feel very grateful for, for their protection of Atlantis members if I recall during disbandment)

Don't try to spin you abandoning Hyperion to save your precious infra in the noCB war like the coward you are intoo any sort of moral victory.

When the going got tough you ditched your friends to save your own skin, you don't get to claim anything here but shame.

No Vir, I left with my friends because you guys refused to listen about threats we saw.

EDIT: and I would like to add you were desimated afterwards because you didn't listen to us.

Edited by Chris of Khi

No Vir, I left with my friends because you guys refused to listen about threats we saw.

EDIT: and I would like to add you were desimated afterwards because you didn't listen to us.

Sorry for interrupting the thread, but since you were claiming these guys were friends earlier and that you loved them for a while, why didn't you stick around instead of ditching them?

Wow its been like a year since Atlantis disbanded, and I remember trying to push for a gov seat, but Atlantis was disbanded before I could XD

Anyways, I went from Atlantis to MCXA (about 8 months) and now currently reside in TOP.

I learned some good things about tech deals from Winstonopia while I ran 2x2 deals in Atlantis. Eventually I went on to be Minister of Finance/High Councillor for MCXA.

Edited by ewatk432

You didn't leave with friends, I explicitly remember you beeing on an AA where you were the only nation.

That is an entirely different story... but if I must.

I was a member of Atlantis until it's disbandment. Well, I joined an alliance called Manticore which aimed to Create Atlantis 2.0. Hyperion was created by them and I followed them there. I tried to get a MoD position but was defeated in elections. I became a second in command of the military. My RL best friend, SheerAscended, noticed that Hyperion was getting some negative attention. He didn't trust the relationship we held with NpO and thought it might lead to our destruction in the near future. We tried voicing this complaint but it fell of deaf ears. Sheer left and I decided to stick around, but as time went on Gov made more decisions I was not in favor of (btw I WAS told this would be Atlantis 2.0) and I eventually realized that I did not want to remain in this alliance where they wouldn't even listen to me. So I disembarked, but when I did, Hyperion did some sort of we hate you !@#$ and completely demasked me so I wasn't even a foreign Diplomat, as they did with other members. Drai, Vir, and Pip then went on to rewrite history and basically said I didn't contribute anything to the alliance, and I would never be welcome.

I will admit, I tried rejoining last fall then I destroyed an alliances forums (stupid move) and shouldn't have done that to Hyperion.

o/ LP

Sorry but CoK you should re-evaluate your history - if you'd like me to help you in private channels, I'd be happy to

There are still some members I remember and respect, you are one of them. LP, CZ, Steodon, Donatelo, Drai, Fez the Caliph (He is a true hero) and a few other guys made my time in Atlantis enjoyable and I wanted to see where they were now.
I appreciate that, thank you.

First of all, one of the very first pinned topics on the Hyperion forums was that we were not Atlantis 2.0 and we were going to take our own direction. Do not use the "I thought we would be like Atlantis" as an excuse. Second of all, Hyperion was not swallowed by GR. Take a look at the government (both at the merge and now) and you will see an extremely balanced selection from both alliances. Among the active posters on our forums I would say around 40-50% were from Hyperion.

We (the Hyperion gov) were well aware of the threats. If you weren't in the government it probably wouldn't have been apparent so that's fair, but there were daily discussions on our position with those who did not see us in a favourable light. Nothing we did would have helped the situation though. Valhalla and GGA had it our for Hyperion from the beginning even if they "allowed" our existence in the first place.

What I don't appreciate is that I explained all of this to you a couple months ago and you're bringing it up again because you have nothing else to throw around.

Drai, Vir, and Pip then went on to rewrite history and basically said I didn't contribute anything to the alliance, and I would never be welcome.

I don't know what history I've been writing. There really isn't that much to it except what I mentioned above.

Nothing we did would have helped the situation though. Valhalla and GGA had it our for Hyperion from the beginning even if they "allowed" our existence in the first place.

What I don't appreciate is that I explained all of this to you a couple months ago and you're bringing it up again because you have nothing else to throw around.

See we had a problem that you guys had that attitude. We are hopeless lets sit in the water. You could have taken action to put yourself in a better position.

See we had a problem that you guys had that attitude. We are hopeless lets sit in the water. You could have taken action to put yourself in a better position.

So let me get this straight, your argument is this: You disagreed with how we didn't suck up to bullies, so you abandoned us when we were attacked to save your pixels?

Awesome, Chris.

So let me get this straight, your argument is this: You disagreed with how we didn't suck up to bullies, so you abandoned us when we were attacked to save your pixels?

Awesome, Chris.

In bizzaro land you would be correct.

Leaving months before a conflict is definately the same instant you were attacked. Thank you for using backwards logic for me there. And yes My pixels are so worth it to me that I stayed with Atlantis with Fez the Caliph until it was oblivion. I definately remember others (Gov) leaving far before me.