Most Loathed Player on Planet Bob

OneBallMan

Most Loathed Player on Planet Bob  

995 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good. Glad to have succeeded.
I "apologized" for killing VE? Link me because I don't remember that. I do remember strategically using them to come back and help attack GOONS. :)

If I didn't know better I'd say you were trying to prove something. :o

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a game. How I play in the game is the choice I have purposefully taken and have no reflection or similarities with my life away from the game.

So you chose a persona who is happy to call a fellow player a slut.

Well done.

Edited by O-Dog

I "apologized" for killing VE? Link me because I don't remember that. I do remember strategically using them to come back and help attack GOONS. :)

This is a game. How I play in the game is the choice I have purposefully taken and have no reflection or similarities with my life away from the game.

However, you are correct on one thing, I enjoy being young at heart, so I hope I never grow up and get too serious for my own good (in RL of course).

You play the game with the persona you want, and I play with the persona I want. You don't like it, oh well.

Edit: Time to go update the stats in my sig on the voting. Remember to keep voting for me. I'll be here all night, please tip your waitresses but not Moo-Cows.

It happened so long ago, I don't really remember all of it. I remember that you only attacked VE and the other green alliances just to improve GGA's and your standing with the NPO. All you care about is yourself, and you act like it's funny because everyone hates you but at the end of the day nobody really gives a !@#$.

So you chose a persona who is happy to call a fellow player a slut.

Well done.

While name calling can be offensive, it is hardly an out of game/out of character attack when all I know of a person is their in-game persona. Is it rude? Yes.

If I took offense at the number of names I have been called, then I would see your point. However, people calling me names due to my in-game persona, only make me smile.

Edit: You can even engage in name calling in real life to me, it does not affect me.

Edited by Bilrow

However, you are correct on one thing, I enjoy being young at heart, so I hope I never grow up and get too serious for my own good (in RL of course).

You play the game with the persona you want, and I play with the persona I want. You don't like it, oh well.

Edit: Time to go update the stats in my sig on the voting. Remember to keep voting for me. I'll be here all night, please tip your waitresses but not Moo-Cows.

You're right, we should all be able to play the game however we wish. However, as a member of an alliance that was dragged through a pretty rough half a year over what, at least in part, amounted to a large amount of amassed IC hatred for a single individual, I can't help but take note of this thread. Do you or anyone else who seeks to be loathed ever worry that as you pursue the crown you are also putting your friends in danger of going through exactly what we went through? It's true that we all have a wide range of in-game personas to choose from, however I wonder if aiming to be hated is not a little unfair to the other members of your alliance who aren't afforded a choice if your persona backfires on you.

Edited by Penguin

While name calling can be offensive, it is hardly an out of game/out of character attack when all I know of a person is their in-game persona. Is it rude? Yes.

If I took offense at the number of names I have been called, then I would see your point. However, people calling me names due to my in-game persona, only make me smile.

Edit: You can even engage in name calling in real life to me, it does not affect me.

I have not mentioned OOC.

That you have to result to such personal insults as a leader of a nation speaks much about your IC persona: it is not one that any decent leader would adopt.

Edited by O-Dog

Also, nobody truly wants to be hated. People always think that what they are doing is right and justified, they also want to have friends and have people respect them.

The only way you can deal with all the people hating you is by acting like you enjoy it, which is pretty sad considering the fact that you could've changed the way things played in CN history. You often had the oppurtunity to make sacrifices, instead you only look out for yourself. That is why most people hate you.

You would not be in this situation if you had made the right choices.

Keep on trying to be cute. People who "love the hate" amuse me :)

Edited by Bleh32

You're right, we should all be able to play the game however we wish. However, as a member of an alliance that was dragged through a pretty rough half a year over what, at least in part, amounted to a large amount of amassed IC hatred for a single individual, I can't help but take note of this thread. Do you or anyone else who seeks to be loathed ever worry that as you pursue the crown you are also putting your friends in danger of going through exactly what we went through? It's true that we all have a wide range of in-game personas to choose from, however I wonder if aiming to be hated is not a little unfair to the other members of your alliance who aren't afforded a choice if your persona backfires on you.

I'm not a diplomat in New Pacific Order for a reason. I don't care to play the kissing up games to alliances who don't like us secretly. My job is numbers and statistics for a reason.

Also, nobody truly wants to be hated. People always think that what they are doing is right and justified, they also want to have friends and have people respect them.

The only way you can deal with all the people hating you is by acting like you enjoy it, which is pretty sad considering the fact that you could've changed the way things played in CN history. You often had the oppurtunity to make sacrifices, instead you only look out for yourself. That is why most people hate you.

Keep on trying to be cute. People who "love the hate" amuse me

That's your opinion, not mine. I stand by all my choices I made and regret very few as they pertain to my IC persona. I'm not trying to be cute, just honest.

Edited by Bilrow

It's okay everyone, he's not a massive dick really, it was just a persona and he has just been commenting on other people's personas the whole time! I guess all of your snitching is a part of your in-game persona too right?

Anyway look, I 'get' that you like to role-play as the tough guy for whatever reason, but can't you understand that other people are happy to be themselves in this game? Therefore, when you attack what you say is a persona (you have an online mask, so everyone else must do too, right?) you could really be attacking the human being sat at the desk who's just playing a game for fun. To me, the fact that you don't consider this speaks volumes about your character (not your persona's character, YOUR character), and this is why you get nothing but pity from me. Not loathing... as someone else already said, you're not worth loathing really.

It's okay everyone, he's not a massive dick really, it was just a persona and he has just been commenting on other people's personas the whole time! I guess all of your snitching is a part of your in-game persona too right?

Anyway look, I 'get' that you like to role-play as the tough guy for whatever reason, but can't you understand that other people are happy to be themselves in this game? Therefore, when you attack what you say is a persona (you have an online mask, so everyone else must do too, right?) you could really be attacking the human being sat at the desk who's just playing a game for fun. To me, the fact that you don't consider this speaks volumes about your character (not your persona's character, YOUR character), and this is why you get nothing but pity from me. Not loathing... as someone else already said, you're not worth loathing really.

I play this game for fun and my persona. It's just a game. I really don't care what people think of my persona or my real life character. At the end of the day, this is just a game and that's all to me.

Edited by Bilrow

Hmm... I didn't want to bring it up but really, I seem to recall a certain time when maybe some OOC comments DID in fact affect you very much. That's all I'll say, because if I type much more I'm 100% sure I'll say something that I'll regret in the long run. But yeah, pretty sure THAT affected the way you play. In fact it affected the way a lot of us played. Again, that is all I'll say.

Hmm... I didn't want to bring it up but really, I seem to recall a certain time when maybe some OOC comments DID in fact affect you very much. That's all I'll say, because if I type much more I'm 100% sure I'll say something that I'll regret in the long run. But yeah, pretty sure THAT affected the way you play. In fact it affected the way a lot of us played. Again, that is all I'll say.

I love your sig :blush:

I play this game for fun and my persona. It's just a game. I really don't care what people think of my persona or my real life character. At the end of the day, this is just a game and that's all to me.

Fine, you stick to the 'it's just a game so I can be a dick to all and sundry and it doesn't matter' line if you like, and I'll ask something else.

What do you get out of it? I do not believe that you are truly aiming to get the 'most unpopular' type tags from the community (if you are, that's pretty pathetic), so why have that persona? It can't be very fulfilling or enjoyable to have to pretend to be a dick to everyone the whole time (sacrificing any attempts at building friendships in the process) just because it's the persona you chose, so what do you get out of it?

Fine, you stick to the 'it's just a game so I can be a dick to all and sundry and it doesn't matter' line if you like, and I'll ask something else.

What do you get out of it? I do not believe that you are truly aiming to get the 'most unpopular' type tags from the community (if you are, that's pretty pathetic), so why have that persona? It can't be very fulfilling or enjoyable to have to pretend to be a dick to everyone the whole time (sacrificing any attempts at building friendships in the process) just because it's the persona you chose, so what do you get out of it?

I have a New Pacific Member making me a userbar as "Most Loathed Player in CN 2009". The people I care enough to make friends to, I do. That could be counted on one hand, maybe two hands of people who know me outside of my in-game persona. I prefer it that way. Everything else is my IC persona and the reason I play.

Edited by Bilrow

'I was spiteful to everyone and all I got was this userbar' :P

Okay, well you didn't really answer my questions, but thanks for indulging me anyway and I look forward to seeing the new artwork in your sig.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Your IC comments are about as appropriate as Yaridovich's IC story. I truly thought that you were intelligent enough to sort that out, sadly I have been proven wrong on that count. Is it only offensive if such disgrace improves your war odds?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Good one, really. If that's your story, I guess we'll just ignore the facts about the situation.

I'd post logs of it (with you being part of the conversation), but I'd hate to pull a "Jonathan" and log dump.

I think he likes it because he knows its a lot easier to get attention when you try to get everyone to hate you instead of everyone to respect you.

platypus is playing in my head right now.

Edited by Bleh32

Oh, you did not. That's just ridiculous. You may have not had a big problem with them coming back, but it was Polar leadership who did the legwork on that after Egore approached me with the idea.

Oh, you did not. That's just ridiculous. You may have not had a big problem with them coming back, but it was Polar leadership who did the legwork on that after Egore approached me with the idea.

And it was Jonathan and I that got the rest of the GGA leadership behind the idea, including Egore coming to our private channel to discuss it with ALdbeign, Emperor Lester II (maybe I can't remember 100% without looking), Kevin the Great, BearerofTruth and JB and I of course. You did indeed have your part in it as well, you are right.

Keep on trying to be cute. People who "love the hate" amuse me :)

Hate is the fuel that drives us, so keep shovelling it on. Being hated means you've stood up for something at least, or is that only applicable to the wannabe anarchists/bleeding hearts of Planet Bob?

Hate is the fuel that drives us, so keep shovelling it on. Being hated means you've stood up for something at least, or is that only applicable to the wannabe anarchists/bleeding hearts of Planet Bob?

Well, now you understand Vox eh?

Please show me where Lady Dakota has been a slut IC. She hasn't.