Announcing The Bus Doctrine

Poison Clan should colonize the Red team then, since NPO doesn't own it, right?

As far as bullying goes, you won't stop that by protecting Pink.

We decided to colonize the pink team, there were less tenants here.

And you gotta start somewhere. Might as well make it our own backyard.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually consider it to be hypocritical that raid-active alliances seek to protect a colour, in and of itself. Just as long as they respect similar doctorines, although granted there's only one active at the moment.

Without a doubt. If any other sphere decides to make a similar doctrine, all alliances in PWN will honor it the same. The question is, can other spheres come together and do the same?

That does not stipulate what was claimed at all. What is in the Doctrine is ambiguous and does not say what you are now claiming it does. The answers to my questions have affirmed what I suspected. This Doctrine is so loosely worded (and it appears to be deliberately so) that signatories of the Doctrine can pick and choose who to attack and who not to attack. I can only guess that that decision will be beased on the size of the alliance involved and the likelihood that battle would be won.

At least with the Revenge Doctrine it is clear cut. Attack a red nation that then goes to the NPO to lodge a complaint and then peace and reps are demanded. With this, who knows?

If you want this to mean what you imply it does then make it clear and put the details in the Doctrine. If extortion and excessive force in raids is the issue then say so.

Thanks for the input.

Poison Clan should colonize the Red team then, since NPO doesn't own it, right?

As far as bullying goes, you won't stop that by protecting Pink.

troll is weak, how can you hang from NPO's balls with those weak little troll arms

nice joke guys. It's funny coming from alliances like RAD and PC

If you wish to believe that the caricature you have painted in your head of our alliances as mindless tech raiders, then that's your prerogative.

Your alliance should move to pink, I hear it's very hospitable.

Without being an uppity, self-righteous &%^$ (which has already been taken care of by several posters), I would simply like to note that while I can see the purity of the intent behind this doctrine, I don't see the benefits outweighing the all-too-possible downsides. In any case, best of luck to PC and RAD.

You know, I tried to make a post without being a jerk, I really did. I honestly would almost not care at all about PC getting Vaporized, if only to see them nuke the majority of the posters in this thread, and see the resulting bawling and carrying on. Almost. If they got rid of Twisted, it would be a definite. Yeah Twist, I'm talking about you. Jerk.

Edited by Yubyubsan

Without being an uppity, self-righteous &%^$ (which has already been taken care of by several posters), I would simply like to note that while I can see the purity of the intent behind this doctrine, I don't see the benefits outweighing the all-too-possible downsides. In any case, best of luck to PC and RAD.

What's life without a little risk? Isn't everyone whining about how boring and stale everything is around here? Jeez.

If you wish to believe that the caricature you have painted in your head of our alliances as mindless tech raiders, then that's your prerogative.

Your alliance should move to pink, I hear it's very hospitable.

mindless tech raiders doesn't come to mind... more of an "H" word..... hypocrites maybe? that sounds about right.

hy·poc·ri·sy

The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

yup, that's the word

Edited by CptGodzilla

What's life without a little risk? Isn't everyone whining about how boring and stale everything is around here? Jeez.

There isn't a nation in PWN that is afraid to defend a sphere we've called home for a number of months now. Poison Clan took a risk moving from a mixed alliance to the Pink sphere, then helping organize an MDP bloc on the sphere, and now the protection of all nations on the sphere. We'll continue along with our brothers at RAD and TCB to do whatever we can to make this the best sphere it can be.

If you guys ban raiding with excessive force how will I ever properly celebrate being released from our surrender terms barring first strikes?

I mean, I COULD raid (and nuke) another color, but what if the first raidable nation I find is pink? Huh?

Way to piss in my cheerios guys. :mad:

I'm glad to see more sphere unity.

You guys can criticize this all you want, but look at it this way, pink doesn't have a whole lot, as they are a smaller team. Shouldn't they aim to protect what they have?

Why the hell do any of you people care anyways? When was the last time you raided pink?

mindless tech raiders doesn't come to mind... more of an "H" word..... hypocrites maybe? that sounds about right.

yup, that's the word

Were you one of the nations, or was it someone else in GOD that nuked a nation for attacking back and wanted to ZI them? And now you are preaching this BS to us? Ha, an "H" words definitely indeed comes to mind.

You guys can criticize this all you want, but look at it this way, pink doesn't have a whole lot, as they are a smaller team. Shouldn't they aim to protect what they have?

Why the hell do any of you people care anyways? When was the last time you raided pink?

Trace the point is hypocrisy = FAIL and this doctrine is full of hypocrisy. IF PC TCB and RAD were not raiding alliances then I wouldnt have a problem with this but as they are AVID raiders this doctrine is terrible.

yup, that's the word

If I may point out here, as a person who at times tro- Ahem, posts inflammatory comments simply for my own amusement, which is almost like posting them just to be a general %&^#**, I'd like to help other such posters avoid the pitfall this gentle$&%^ has just fallen into. By posting as he has, he has completely ignored everything his target has said, which leaves the discerning, intellectual* poster with three likely possibilities, all of which are not mutually exclusive:

1. The poster lacks reading comprehension

2. The poster is feigning ignorance and a lack of intelligence*** for his own motives

3. The ignorance isn't feigned.

Please take note and avoid this poor poster's example when tro- doing that naughty thang in the future.

** I edited out %&^# because it makes people cry. See the guy next to you? Yeah, he's in therapy cause some insensitive %&^# called him a %&^# so it came across as %&^# instead of the politically correct/user friendly %&^# (%&^# aren't friendly, so that would be a mean trick either way)

* Intellectual is used loosely here

*** Loose usage here, more along the lines of "a soundness of mental reasoning and capability permitting one to act as his or her own caretaker, without constant supervision and assistance in performing basic thought processes and actions"

PC, RAD, TCB, ignore the crap in this thread**** and go do your thing. &^%$***** the haters.

**** includes this post

***** Another ouchie, does not mix well with Johnson's No More Tears or Summer's Eve Cleanser.

Trace the point is hypocrisy = FAIL and this doctrine is full of hypocrisy. IF PC TCB and RAD were not raiding alliances then I wouldnt have a problem with this but as they are AVID raiders this doctrine is terrible.

They said they weren't protecting against any and all raiding. Only that if nations on pink were being reduced to rubble, extorted, etc that they now have a place to come and plead their case for a little help.

I don't have an issue with what they are trying to achieve here. What I had issue with was the unclear nature of the Doctrine itself. Thankfully it has been amended to remove the ambiguity. :)

As far as tech raiding goes, the STA does not permit extortion or excessive force during tech raids and any raid target attacked by an STA raider is offered peace so I can't see this Doctine, in its current form, causing any issues for the STA.

Before you keep trumpeting your filth, allow me to speak on RAD's tech raiding policy, as found in our charter.

VI. Tech Raiding:

1. The Republic of Allied Defenses does not promote or encourage tech raiding but will allow individuals to raid as they please in accordance to the following rules:

i. You may only tech raid one nation at a time.

ii. You may not ask other members of RAD to jump the same nation at once.

iii. You may not accept peace and then re-declare on the defending nation. This is poor form and is a punishable offense.

iv. You may not aid a fellow member of this alliance while they are involved in a tech raid. Aid can be given afterward if someone is willing to send aid, but it is not required.

v. If attacked back by your target, RAD will not assist you in your raid. If friends of the target, or members of another alliance attack you while in the raid, members of RAD are free to assist you against these others, but not the initial raided nation.

vi. You may not tech raid a nation that is part of an alliance. The Republic of Allied Defenses defines an alliance as any group of nations with more than 10 members.

vii. The Republic of Allied Defenses will never under any circumstances go to war over a member's decision to tech raid.

Yes, that is an entire section dedicated to tech raiding. We as an alliance do not promote tech raiding actively, but if our members would like to raid, they are allowed to do so as long as they follow the guidelines. If, after all of this, you feel that we at RAD are still "avid" tech raiders, then you clearly lack a sound grasp on the English language.