Protected Nation

I'm not blaming anyone for what happened at GGA. I don't even care all that much. It's their business and I wish them luck. What I can't stand is the sheer lack of tact in this thread but hey I'm no one to be preaching to people about tact, which in fact makes it even more sad that I am, but come on all this over something that is nothing of any importance to anyone outside GGA and it's allies.

My best guess is that this represents months or even years of widespread bitterness towards GGA that hasn't been fully unleashed with a rolling. Once a few people started making jabs at them, I guess the rest decided it's okay to just come out with it. Then various GGA members repeatedly inflamed things with blundered attempts at spin/damage control.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not blaming anyone for what happened at GGA. I don't even care all that much. It's their business and I wish them luck. What I can't stand is the sheer lack of tact in this thread but hey I'm no one to be preaching to people about tact, which in fact makes it even more sad that I am, but come on all this over something that is nothing of any importance to anyone outside GGA and it's allies.

So why have the CN Forums in general? Or more specifically the Alliance Announcements section? What's the point of having it if no one is interested in alliance... politics?

Heh. The person kicked out of GGA was considering putting GGA on a path away from the NPO and its allies. A major alliance switching "sides" affects pretty much everyone.

gga is not a major alliance.. was once, but not anymore.

they're like an addicted person needing their next fix of NPO, and it would appear one person can not get an addicted alliance off the NPO drug :lol:

Everyone will be best served to understand that MagicNinja has his own lulzy moral stances that exclude everyone but himself and that reason and logic are not part of it, so you might as well give up on him now unless you're having fun with this.

gga is not a major alliance.. was once, but not anymore.

they're like an addicted person needing their next fix of NPO, and it would appear one person can not get an addicted alliance off the NPO drug :lol:

OMG!!! I never thought I would ever quote maxfiles but yes to this!

Thing is people blew this whole thing way way out of proportion to serve their own egos and nothing more. It's quite disgusting. Mob mentality is truly an awesome sight to behold.

Pot...Kettle....your hypocrisy is quite disgusting hilarious.

Magicninja, Slayer, BnT....who else will add their name to this list?

Pot...Kettle....your hypocrisy is quite disgusting hilarious.

Magicninja, Slayer, BnT....who else will add their name to this list?

I've already said I'm not the most honorable among us. Far from it. I have my faults but damn this goes to far even for me.

:blink: CN never ceases to amaze me. When I logged off yesterday, this was a 3 page thread that was rather civil, and it appeared the issue was taken care of. I log on today to find it at 45 pages, and by the time I got through everything another 16 had appeared. :mellow:

Allow me to explain myself. Our relations with shane, including recent ones, had been nothing if not cordial. We heard he had left GGA, so purely out of concern for him and not for anything else I decided to extend a hand of protection from raiders. He obviously would've been a target at his strength. We gathered details about what had happened, and even spoke to ironchef about it. Shane had been reluctant to accept our protection, even editing anything in his AA or bio to reflect it, but iron herself said she was glad that we were protecting him. I assumed that this meant that GGA had no issues with his nation, and shane decided to apply to the VE. His application was approved, and from iron's reaction I saw no reason to override it. Honestly I would've asked for a lock on the thread as soon as it was posted (seeing as how it was geared towards potential raiders and nobody else) if there was such a thing as author's rights anymore. I think it's gone off-topic, but the mods have posted a couple of times to the contrary and so it's their decision that it stays open. For those saying this could've been handled in private, I feared for shane's nation (he was reluctant to involve us) and trying to contact every potential raider in CN is not practical in the least.

So why have the CN Forums in general? Or more specifically the Alliance Announcements section? What's the point of having it if no one is interested in alliance... politics?

Thing is this thread was never about GGA and their shortcomings.

Talk away though. Far be it from me to stop you. Just thought you guys might wanna see what you've become and maybe at least change your tactics. I know perfectly well that is asking too much from this group but hey someone needs to point it out to you. You obviously can't see it for yourselves how horrible your acting.

Didn't you fight in support of the GGA CB against Hyperion? Where were you then claiming that people should look past the mob mentality and do whats right? Where were you pleading with people to think for themselves rather then mindless group think when MK was being rolled by its allies MDP partner? Where were you telling people to open their eyes to see what they've become by supporting such nonsense? I mean seriously, the hypocrisy of you calling for that in a thread is absurd considering it was people like you who made the last war go down as the slaughter it did. A slaughter, I might add, or a lot of people who didn't deserve it. A slaughter that killed my alliance. So please, before you start telling people to avoid group think, become individuals, and do whats right, please look at your own past magicpirate and realize how useless that is for the major players and posters in this game, including yourself. Because, in the end, lord knows actions speak louder then words.

EDIT: I still :wub: you either way baby.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

I've already said I'm not the most honorable among us. Far from it. I have my faults but damn this goes to far even for me.

I don't see what about this thread is "taking things too far".

If people like yourself and the various GGA representatives just left this thread alone it would have been 55 pages smaller. People are having a laugh at the poor handling of this situation by the GGA and the more people that come along trying to spin it as anything other than a disaster are just making the thread go on and on. Not that I'm complaining, it is hilarious.

Thing is this thread was never about GGA and their shortcomings.

Had you actually read the thread you would have learned that it became about them when a government member decided to post what he did on page 6. Blame him for it, not everyone else.

Heh. The person kicked out of GGA was considering putting GGA on a path away from the NPO and its allies. A major alliance switching "sides" affects pretty much everyone.

But a major switching of sides is what needs to happen to keep things interesting. It seems GGA is more interested in avoiding a curbstomp rather than having some measure of freedom

Mob mentality: the new bogeyman of the hegemony :lol:

Of course, mob mentality was perfectly fine and dandy when it was cheering on the curbstomping of dozens of hapless alliances last year.

Edited by Matthew George

Didn't you fight in support of the GGA CB against Hyperion? Where were you then claiming that people should look past the mob mentality and do whats right? Where were you pleading with people to think for themselves rather then mindless group think when MK was being rolled by its allies MDP partner? Where were you telling people to open their eyes to see what they've become by supporting such nonsense? I mean seriously, the hypocrisy of you calling for that in a thread is absurd considering it was people like you who made the last war go down as the slaughter it did. A slaughter, I might add, or a lot of people who didn't deserve it. A slaughter that killed my alliance. So please, before you start telling people to avoid group think, become individuals, and do whats right, please look at your own past magicpirate and realize how useless that is for the major players and posters in this game, including yourself. Because, in the end, lord knows actions speak louder then words.

I fought in support of my alliance. I've not always toed the party line. Some people forget.

Stumpy, it's like we're one

I don't see how anyone who fought on *that* side of the last war can say anything like that and be taken seriously....although I might change my mind if you can somehow get those reps shipped back :ehm:

Edit:

I fought in support of my alliance. I've not always toed the party line. Some people forget.

You supported an alliance who's allies were supporting and participating in the very thing you're speaking out against...sorry if I find your message a little hard to swallow

Edited by yesitsbobby

And it was still wrong. There is no way of getting around that. I just dont want to hear you spouting about doing whats right in the face of "mob mentality" when you yourself took part in killing MK, Athens, LOST, FLY, and TDSM8 (effectively ending our existance), as well as others who never recovered. Im sorry, I just dont see how you can even try.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

Stumpy, it's like we're one

I don't see how anyone who fought on *that* side of the last war can say anything like that and be taken seriously....although I might change my mind if you can somehow get those reps shipped back :ehm:

Edit:

You supported an alliance that was supporting and participating in the very thing you're speaking out against

following orders is wrong? you may not always agree with your boss, but orders are orders.

But a major switching of sides is what needs to happen to keep things interesting. It seems GGA is more interested in avoiding a curbstomp rather than having some measure of freedom

Perhaps, but then again are the decision we see GGA making really GGA's decisions at all? Or are they all decisions made for them by their allies?

following orders is wrong? you may not always agree with your boss, but orders are orders.

What he had was a choice. Support a trump up CB or do what you think was right. You can hide behind following orders, sure, but the fact remains that by doing that you destroyed people who didn't deserve that. Either way, thats not even the argument. The argument is the fact that you can claim the moral high ground of removing yourself from mob mentality when he himself did no such thing when the glorified tech raid occurred, knowing full well how fake the CB was.

o/ GGA

Is that what you were after MagicNinja?

Epi, thats not even adding to the argument or debate at hand. You are doing exactly what hes talking about and making the rest of the people on your side look bad. I think Magic is being an idiot just like you, but comments like that arnt exactly helping our cause or point. Just sayin.

Epi, thats not even adding to the argument or debate at hand. You are doing exactly what hes talking about and making the rest of the people on your side look bad. I think Magic is being an idiot just like you, but comments like that arnt exactly helping our cause or point. Just sayin.

I'm trying to figure out what he is advocating, stumpy, as well as pointing out how foolish what he is saying actually is. Maybe it wasn't the best tactic, but it got my point across.

edit: my grammarz

Edited by Epiphanus