Next Great War

Jason Salovsky

Next Great War  

847 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's stopping you from moving the game? From where I sit it looks like there hasn't been any movement in a long time and there isn't really anything coming up either. If it is simply the existence of some loud detractors on a forum then I think it's time somebody put their big boy pants on.

You're so full of !@#$ it's coming out your ears.

Let it go sponge, let it go.

I would have thought my near 3 years of taking absolutely no part in alliance government would have proved by now that I want no part. That is kind of what has shaped my perception of Vox. I'm a pure soldier. I see Vox et. all as little more than a family feud between would be world leaders, alliance leadership naturally being what it is, ie. more incestuous than Kentucky family reunion. I really dont care what your beef with the NPO is, or doitzel, or Musso, or anyone else. What I do care about is that yuo have monopolized the forum which was for years what made the game for the average player like myself. Cusing it to royally suck. 2 years ago if you asked any average plaeyr what they liked aobut CN the response would have been forum drama.

You can argue that you are trying to spice up the game but come on its been a year. Your way is not working. You might call it an unjust path. Right now you are more of a hindrance then you are a help. Back off let the new leaders of the game step up. They might just surprise you.

Edited by GTTofAK

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah league/Aegeis and WUT were tied together real tight... Outside of UJW and the noCB war there havent been real ties between the opposing sides.

Actually we were allied. Doitzel once made a joke about it when he posted in a closed RP that was closed to only League members and their allies.

It was my idea.

Edited by GTTofAK

Experienced players dominate the politics of established alliances, and it is usually these same players that have been building the most time into their nation development. They are the same ones who are most opposed to war, as they are the most apprehensive of loosing their preciously-gained pixels in a war against an opponent of similar strength. At this point in the game, where the NS of many nations is the result of years of buying infra and collecting taxes, war is unlikely.

Also, I have made this point before, but what the heck: war, from a purely game-mechanics viewpoint, is highly unprofitable and undesirable unless the war in question is an absolute tankroll over the opponent. When the opposing sides are of similar strength, it is in the interests of no one to go to war, as each side will undergo too many losses regardless of who wins.

Sure, one might say, both sides loose a lot of NS but fighting and winning the war will still yield a relative gain. That might be true, but that fails to bring about war for 1) the reasons outlined in the first paragraph and 2) the potential belligerent sides realize that in the case of war, whatever major party that -isn't- involved in the war will come out greatly advantaged.

In order words, the amount of time that this game has passed without a reset and game mechanics jointly discourage war.

I would have thought my near 3 years of taking absolutely no part in alliance government would have proved by now that I want no part. That is kind of what has shaped my perception of Vox. I'm a pure soldier. I see Vox et. all as little more than a family feud between would be world leaders, alliance leadership naturally being what it is, ie. more incestuous than Kentucky family reunion. I really don’t care what your beef with the NPO is, or doitzel, or Musso, or anyone else. What I do care about is that yuo have monopolized the forum which was for years what is what for years made the game for the average player like myself.

You can argue that you are trying to spice up the game but come on its been a year. Your way is not working. You might call it an unjust path. Right now you are more of a hindrance then you are a help. Back off let the new leaders of the game step up. They might just surprise you.

This is perhaps the worst argument against Vox I have ever read.

So we should stop posting so much... why? Is what we are doing stopping anyone else from doing whatever they want to do? No. Is what your alliance is doing stopping anyone else from doing whatever they want to do? Yes.

Now you tell me where the problem is, genius.

Actually we were allied. Doitzel once made a joke about it when he posted in a closed RP that was closed to only League members and their allies.

Uh, no we weren't. Stop posting, you're making yourself look pretty dumb.

Experienced players dominate the politics of established alliances, and it is usually these same players that have been building the most time into their nation development. They are the same ones who are most opposed to war, as they are the most apprehensive of loosing their preciously-gained pixels in a war against an opponent of similar strength. At this point in the game, where the NS of many nations is the result of years of buying infra and collecting taxes, war is unlikely.

Also, I have made this point before, but what the heck: war, from a purely game-mechanics viewpoint, is highly unprofitable and undesirable unless the war in question is an absolute tankroll over the opponent. When the opposing sides are of similar strength, it is in the interests of no one to go to war, as each side will undergo too many losses regardless of who wins.

Sure, one might say, both sides loose a lot of NS but fighting and winning the war will still yield a relative gain. That might be true, but that fails to bring about war for 1) the reasons outlined in the first paragraph and 2) the potential belligerent sides realize that in the case of war, whatever major party that -isn't- involved in the war will come out greatly advantaged.

In order words, the amount of time that this game has passed without a reset and game mechanics jointly discourage war.

So to sum up, people don't want to fight a war because they don't want to lose some stats. Thanks for wasting at least 60 seconds of my time reading that. :P

I would have thought my near 3 years of taking absolutely no part in alliance government would have proved by now that I want no part. That is kind of what has shaped my perception of Vox. I'm a pure soldier. I see Vox et. all as little more than a family feud between would be world leaders, alliance leadership naturally being what it is, ie. more incestuous than Kentucky family reunion. I really dont care what your beef with the NPO is, or doitzel, or Musso, or anyone else. What I do care about is that yuo have monopolized the forum which was for years what made the game for the average player like myself. Cusing it to royally suck. 2 years ago if you asked any average plaeyr what they liked aobut CN the response would have been forum drama.

You're joking, right?

First you said "I avoid experience" then you go on to act like you're talking about. Please, for your own sake, stop posting, you're making an $@! of yourself.

It was my idea.

Here we are, a source so credible that it seems to me that Admin himself has graced us with him.

He must know so much more than all of us, we were all too blind to notice that the Initiative and the League were secretly best buddies!

So to sum up, people don't want to fight a war because they don't want to lose some stats. Thanks for wasting at least 60 seconds of my time reading that. :P

Basically. But I had to point out that people are much, much less willing to loose stats when they have spend a huge amount of time gaining them.

This is perhaps the worst argument against Vox I have ever read.

So we should stop posting so much... why? Is what we are doing stopping anyone else from doing whatever they want to do? No. Is what your alliance is doing stopping anyone else from doing whatever they want to do? Yes.

Now you tell me where the problem is, genius.

We have our own personal Michael Moore? Or PETA? Whatever the analogy you are the guys on the extreme who make the rest look bad.

Uh, no we weren't. Stop posting, you're making yourself look pretty dumb.

Off the Top of my head one of the connections was that we were allied to GGA who was allied to GATO at least I think it was GATO hard to remember CN wikki is down but they were in that half of the web none the less.

Edited by GTTofAK

We have our own personal Michael Moore? Or PETA? Whatever the analogy you are the guys on the extreme who make the rest look bad.

We're soooo extreme, we encourage people to actually play the game! Put a beret on me and call me Che.

Off the Top of my head one of the connections was that we were allied to GGA who was allied to GATO at least I think it was GATO hard to remember CN wikki is down but there were in that half of the web none the less.

Wow. Just stop. This is getting sad.

You're joking, right?

First you said "I avoid experience" then you go on to act like you're talking about. Please, for your own sake, stop posting, you're making an $@! of yourself.

I've been in this game long enough to know what I'm talking about. I don’t take part in leadership because I would a) quit the game much sooner or B) end up like Sponge is now holding on when what I should be doing is passing the torch. I've played enough of these types of games to know that if what you are looking for is something to take your mind off work that leadership is not a good idea.

Here we are, a source so credible that it seems to me that Admin himself has graced us with him.

He must know so much more than all of us, we were all too blind to notice that the Initiative and the League were secretly best buddies!

Buddies? No. Allied through the Web in all its ridiculousness? Yes.

Why are the intellectuals and true patriots of Pacifica not here to debate? Its as though the crazy ones escaped again and decided to spout their crazy ideas as "Pacific" doctrine.

C'mon, NPO, you can do better than this, I know it for a fact. Meet facts with facts.

Buddies? No. Allied through the Web in all its ridiculousness? Yes.

http://xs110.xs.to/xs110/06492/mdp_web-major_9.png

3 connections, LoSS, ODN, and CDS, and they canceled the LoSS and ODN treaties right before GW2 started, and then when they came under attack requested CDS come to their defense, which we did not do.

edit: clarification.

Edited by Mogar

Is what we are doing stopping anyone else from doing whatever they want to do? No.

Yes, Vox is very much irrelevant. :P (before I get my forum head rip off my body from the hordes that be, I am just making a joke no need to get overly serious about it.)

Anyway, next great war, seriously I do not know. Ill just bet here and say this summer.

We're soooo extreme, we encourage people to actually play the game! Put a beret on me and call me Che.

You also, spy, raid private IRC channels, and try and justify DoSAs. None of these are really endearing. Which is why no one is going to follow your lead into a war. Unlike you I have faith in the players of the game. If you would just let go of your strangle hold on the role of the antagonist of the game I'm sure some of them would surprise you. You dont have to be a NS transfer to be a good leader you know.

Edited by GTTofAK

Why are the intellectuals and true patriots of Pacifica not here to debate? Its as though the crazy ones escaped again and decided to spout their crazy ideas as "Pacific" doctrine.

C'mon, NPO, you can do better than this, I know it for a fact. Meet facts with facts.

You know, for an OOC thread posted in a OOC area, you think overly IC.

Just goes to prove, that this OOC forum about the game is not really whats it set up to be.

Relax all around, its a speculation thread about when will next war come. Nothing earth shaking.

Off the Top of my head one of the connections was that we were allied to GGA who was allied to GATO at least I think it was GATO hard to remember CN wikki is down but they were in that half of the web none the less.

GGA didn't mean much then, either.

I've been in this game long enough to know what I'm talking about. I don’t take part in leadership because I would a) quit the game much sooner or B) end up like Sponge is now holding on when what I should be doing is passing the torch. I've played enough of these types of games to know that if what you are looking for is something to take your mind off work that leadership is not a good idea.

Are you legitimately making the argument that being here for a while suddenly makes you know what you're talking about? You are a prime example of that statement's falsehood, if you weren't aware.

Your posts are legitimately making me miss HeroofTime.

EDIT:

@Branimir: Your OOC persona can share opinions with your IC persona, can it not?

Edited by MaGneT

Are you legitimately making a point?

Excellent rebuttal.

Though you are correct, I should have phrased my point more clearly, after all, look who I'm talking to.

People who have been here for a long time don't necessarily understand this game. Need evidence? Look in a mirror.