Question on the nuclear war

Uberstein

Where are the RP's on it's effects? It seems like many people are just going their merry way and have forgotten that a large amount of high powered nukes have gone off. That is generally bad for the environment.

Are we still in that silly "If I don't like it I don't RP it no matter how realistic" attitude or did we just forget? :huh:

It is another point needing bringing up, and I for one have RP'd quarantining my nation from the diseases unleashed to the south. Pending any information about fallout patterns, I haven't done anything concerning radiation. But, as I feel we all should have the effects, I will be RPing the Nuclear War.

I did RP weaker crop outputs, but then I bought an Agricultural Development wonder... :mellow:

Don't worry, I plan on making a detailed RP of Brasília (which is an exclave bordering Centurius' country, which got nuked to hell) about the impact of the war.

I did RP weaker crop outputs, but then I bought an Agricultural Development wonder... :mellow:

Don't worry, I plan on making a detailed RP of Brasília (which is an exclave bordering Centurius' country, which got nuked to hell) about the impact of the war.

I think he didn't get nuked; just biologically screwed.

Edit: Post 2000! Woot!

Edited by Shadowsage

I dug up a stack of few areas of heavily contaminated topsoil vitrified it and dumped it down a lead mine and hosed the rest down and tossed the contaminated water into the mine in lead/plastic barrels after it.

Now I just have a few bad growing seasons that I am going to try to get through with hydroponic underground gardens.

Dragonisia.. is.. well.. underground.. and well out of wind currents from impacted areas in Tasmania. India on the other hand is a living hell right now conventionally and with fallout affecting cancer rates and agricultural production, but had been given instructions previously to begin their underground expansion also so they're not completely screwed. Antartica Dragonisia.. is well.. its typical Antarctica Dragonisia.. you don't get much more wasted than that.

Mercy said that I'd be less affected than most, and only after a few IC-months, so I'm RPing that. I've already RPd preparation for when bad crop-seasons come and colder winters, but I think most people don't really RP it because they don't know what the hell nuclear winter actually does.

Like me. lol

It's funny really. Due to the massive high pressure system in Europe, combined with natural winds going south from the Arctic, Svalbard would have little to no fallout. The only thing to worry about for me would be an influx of people, trying to escape the radioactive sub-zero temperatures, making 2 C Svalbard seem really nice ;)

Bio'd to hell yeah Ebola and Marburg everywhere. Wished I was nuked rather than this :(

Talked with someone who took radiation cleanup classes as a paramedic:

[11:39] bkharma69@hotmail.com: bottom line then is that alpha is stopped by a sheet of paper and can be cleaned off contaminated surfaces with water

[11:40] bkharma69@hotmail.com: beta is stopped by cloth and can be cleaned form surfaces with water

[11:41] bkharma69@hotmail.com: low energy gamma and x rays requires lead shielding and is not completely effective however the human body can sustain limited doses you have to reduce exposure time

[11:41] bkharma69@hotmail.com: high energy gamma kiss your $@! good bye