This Week in Pacifica

so sexism is ok, but when someone makes a picture at the person making the sexist remarks it is "absolutely shocking"

I fail to see your logic

First of all, the conduct I am referring to is more than making a picture - though I certainly don't approve of that either (two wrongs do not make a right). Government members should set an example. If someone had sexist views, insulting them back is not the right thing to do. I would say, that this is especially true if you are in government.

Members of an alliance's government have a duty to all their members. They should not make their members feel bad or uncomfortable - for OOC reasons. I can understand if they guy went nuke rogue or something, but this I consider out of line.

Furthermore, one's IC authority/position in the alliance should not be abused to undertake vendettas, spurred by RL/OOC things, within the alliance.

I am not condoning sexism here, I am simply saying that the conduct of the two government members of NPO, I personally find, improper.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I wish the TWiP could be made shorter... The long OP with the 14 pages are not encouraging me to read everything... In fact, I read almost only the OP.)

Congratulations to the editorial office for what is obviously a great success of public. Also congratulations to LordValentine for his comeback.

-----

And, because MHA cried tears and ruined many a mattress with urine over TWiP 1's screenshots, I have stuck hard by the theme of our show: Pacifica. Now, if you'd like, I could just add one more week to MHA's Hell Month--keep poking the hive.

This threatening and sadistic attitude is unbecoming of someone that claims to be fighting against the Global Despots, and especially of you, Schattenmann.

-----

[ooc]

[...]

It seems that where Francos' Star goes, government oppression follows. While the Viceroyalty may be a revolving door with koona the Banned, Vladimir the Lazy, and now Sir Donal R Daemon the Come Lately, one thing is constant: expelled GATO government members and forced silenced.

The lastest Viceroy, Daemon, has executed his duties duly leaving a demoted Assembly Chairman, Vlad_tepes aka Morte, and an expelled Ambassador Consul, Ragashingo.

It seems that some weeks ago Daemon asked AC Morte for his "opinion" of a former GATO member who had gone nuke rogue/Vox on an Imperial Officer. Because the member had not re-applied for GATO membership, Morte informed Daemon of his personal feelings on the man: that he was an okay person. Daemon then wholesale banned Morte--GATO's highest native representative--from GATO's forums and IRC channel with trumped up charges of attempting to secret a Vox agent back into the alliance.

If Pacifica refers to Vox Populi only as a "terrorist group" perhaps it is fitting, for it seems that she is indeed terrified of the "passing fad." Daemon has now coerced Ragashingo, GATO's Ambassador Consul, from his post and removed his access from GATO's forum. His offence? In part, Ragashingo apparently opened a thread that expressed his amusement with this program's first broadcast. Daemon reportedly went "!@#$%" in the thread, then deleted it more than once as it was re-posted before taking the gripe to private chambers.

[...]

The problem of former GATO members that were banned from GATO forums and deprived of the whole access to them (spam/RL/misc sections as well) is very serious.

Banning someone for game-related reasons only is IMHO problematic even when an Alliance is independent: it clearly becomes an unacceptable abuse when an Alliance is being held under a Viceroy.

Some people seriously need to think of what they're doing and stop harming the RL communities of people they won over in this specific game: "Former Member" masks can be easily created and used and there's no excuse for not doing so.

It's not a matter of "rights", but of fairness.

[/ooc]

(I wish the TWiP could be made shorter... The long OP with the 14 pages are not encouraging me to read everything... In fact, I read almost only the OP.)

Congratulations to the editorial office for what is obviously a great success of public. Also congratulations to LordValentine for his comeback.

-----

This threatening and sadistic attitude is unbecoming of someone that claims to be fighting against the Global Despots, and especially of you, Schattenmann.

-----

[ooc]

The problem of former GATO members that were banned from GATO forums and deprived of the whole access to them (spam/RL/misc sections as well) is very serious.

Banning someone for game-related reasons only is IMHO problematic even when an Alliance is independent: it clearly becomes an unacceptable abuse when an Alliance is being held under a Viceroy.

Some people seriously need to think of what they're doing and stop harming the RL communities of people they won over in this specific game: "Former Member" masks can be easily created and used and there's no excuse for not doing so.

It's not a matter of "rights", but of fairness.

[/ooc]

Raga wasnt banned, he was begged to stay. BY ME. Id give you logs if my word wasnt already the most honest in this game. Or if I believed in keeping logs of my friends. (which I dont).

Dont believe me? ASK HIM.

once again, read MTTs post about 4 posts up. Get your facts about GATO before you just spew out whatever idea comes to your head.

Thanks,

Manis_B

Minister of Domestic Affairs

Raga wasnt banned, he was begged to stay. BY ME. Id give you logs if my word wasnt already the most honest in this game. Or if I believed in keeping logs of my friends. (which I dont).

Dont believe me? ASK HIM.

once again, read MTTs post about 4 posts up. Get your facts about GATO before you just spew out whatever idea comes to your head.

[ooc] In fact, I already got "my facts straight" before posting here.

Not only Ragashingo cited other cases of people getting banned from GATO, but I checked a reliable source about this issue and I was confirmed that indeed GATO members had been banned from their forums for "having criticized the NPO".

For the record, I don't have any trouble in believing you: Ragashingo just isn't the only case, probably.

I also don't see what's wrong in my suggestion: to avoid expelling GATO-ers from their community, but rather to have them removed from the game (sub)forums only.

Regardless of what happened this far a new policy could be implemented... Would you agree with that? [/ooc]

[Edit: get=/=got]

Edited by jerdge

GATO attempting to disassociate. A bit odd, given the information given is about NPO not so much the GATO gov't, though there is an obvious attempt a some kissing up. Maybe it is best just not to have GATOans post in the thread? Conflicting interests get confusing.

GATO attempting to disassociate. A bit odd, given the information given is about NPO not so much the GATO gov't, though there is an obvious attempt a some kissing up. Maybe it is best just not to have GATOans post in the thread? Conflicting interests get confusing.

It's not disassociation (having read MTT's and Manis' post). They were pointing out and correcting several errors or misconceptions that had ocurred.

For example: I was not wholesale banned. I was first removed from my position, after attempting to solve the issue in private over irc I defended myself on the forums. Each time the thread was posted it was promptly deleted for some reason or other, after the third or fourth time I was banned. It was at this point that Moo stepped in and reviewed everything that had taken place. After a day or so in limbo, the ban was lifted and I was allowed back into the alliance. This is not to say I agree with that whole mess, but I was allowed back into the place I love and it was better than nothing.

It's not disassociation (having read MTT's and Manis' post). They were pointing out and correcting several errors or misconceptions that had ocurred.

For example: I was not wholesale banned. I was first removed from my position, after attempting to solve the issue in private over irc I defended myself on the forums. Each time the thread was posted it was promptly deleted for some reason or other, after the third or fourth time I was banned. It was at this point that Moo stepped in and reviewed everything that had taken place. After a day or so in limbo, the ban was lifted and I was allowed back into the alliance. This is not to say I agree with that whole mess, but I was allowed back into the place I love and it was better than nothing.

But you were banned for trying to clear up the fact that you got removed from your position for little apparent reason, that is being wholesale banned. It required the intervention of Moo, who at the time was not our Viceroy, GATO answered administratively to Vladimir who was not active... GATO was really left just hanging without any NPO there except to do anything we needed NPO's permission.

Edited by BarbulaM1

But you were banned for trying to clear up the fact that you got removed from your position for little apparent reason, that is being wholesale banned.

Yes, I suppose. The stories were possibly tangled up, Raga only created one thread, where as I created multiple.

so sexism is ok, but when someone makes a picture at the person making the sexist remarks it is "absolutely shocking"

I fail to see your logic

Sileath's views on the shortfalls of female leadership are of little to no consequence--while he had some titles (oultined in the report) he was in no position to do anything about his views.

In fact, MaskofBlue perfectly demonstrated Sileath's views by going completely !@#$%.

Vox again confirm themselves as the top clowns of CN.

Keep up the entertainment.

Did you even read the OP?

Shahenshah an me fought in the UjW and he's still butthurt.

Yes, I suppose. The stories were possibly tangled up, Raga only created one thread, where as I created multiple.

All you Browns look alike, and yes, after half a dozen stories of GATOans getting demoted, ejected, banned, told to shut up, etc it got hard to keep them straight. Add on top keeping which Viceroy did which and it got downright messy.

Edited by Schattenmann