What is your favorite military wonder?

Chickenzilla

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the only reason I've delayed my MP, I've been within the 5% for a long time now but I'm afraid that in a war I will go down, I'm like 10k above the 5% line. I still have 2 weeks to think about it.

you can lose 10k quickly in war depending on your opponents.

you can lose 10k quickly in war depending on your opponents.

I've considered that and but most wars don't last more than 2 weeks and most just a week, I don't think I'll lose 10k that fast unless there's 3 people jumping on me. Also, I don't have tanks or navy so it's a little bit more than 10k, plus, I can buy it april and hopefully no war will come before that.

The consideration is what kind of war are you going to get into and what kind of player are you.

Since you already have 20 nukes, then it is enough to handle a single rogue; and with alliance's help, he won't bother you for less than one war cycle. In that case FAB or even hidden silo is a better option for you than MP. you can save the extra credits for rebuild.

now if it is an alliance ending all out war, and you are the type of player to go to ZI and never surrender and wish to maximize damage, then maybe MP is a better choice...but still you have to decide whether such an event is likely in 2 or 3 month...

CIA I have always considered to be $65,000,000 because it serves not much purpose unless you get the 250 spies as well.

You should buy it though to stay on the wonder clock and purchase the extra 25 million spies at a later time. I think the CIA is one of the most useful defensive wonders in the game.

You should buy it though to stay on the wonder clock and purchase the extra 25 million spies at a later time. I think the CIA is one of the most useful defensive wonders in the game.

is this true only if your nuclear armed, or does it offer alot more abilities such as spying away enemy nukes?

Yeah, your probably right. But, I've just never been big on the wonder clock.

The wonder clock is obviously just a massive bob-wide conspiracy to deter people from saving up for the best (and most expensive, meaning they're harder to save up for in one month) wonders - the MP and WRC.

"You guys keep up with the wonder clock, I'll save up for the destructive ones so I can blow your nation to pieces later". I am so onto you guys.

"You guys keep up with the wonder clock, I'll save up for the destructive ones so I can blow your nation to pieces later". I am so onto you guys.

Then you discover the nations you saved up to destroy all moved upward out of your range AND are as destructive as your nation is ;)

The wonder clock is obviously just a massive bob-wide conspiracy to deter people from saving up for the best (and most expensive, meaning they're harder to save up for in one month) wonders - the MP and WRC.

In all honesty, if an MP takes much more than 30 days worth of collection, and for some reason someone can't buy even if that person depleted his warchest and used all 30 days of collection, he really shouldn't be buying it. If such is the case, I'd go as far as to question if he should even be buying tech for the tech requirement. Tech buying when he person makes less than 3.4 mil a day after bills? Not to mention the fact if he can even afford nukes. Between bills and income reductions, he might not even be able to buy 15 infra a day.

Seriously, if getting an MP means delaying the wonder clock, don't do it.

Edited by Gebiv

Yeah, your probably right. But, I've just never been big on the wonder clock.

Luckily for people like you, admin has not added any more wonders and appears to not have plans to do so...

Okay I have a good question for those who have sentimental ties to FABs or other cheaper military wonders; what do you believe is the most valuable of the military wonders under 50mil?

FAB is by far the best "bang for buck" military wonder.

For (nuclear armed) nations in strong alliances, I believe that actually having nukes to launch is the critical component to any war; thus, my favorite wonders are the SDIs (assuming that it reduces the probability of success to 40%) since it will make the first 15 out of 25 nuclear missiles a nation has useless, and make 3 out of 5 subsequent nukes obsolete. In other words, assuming a full 5 slot war, a nation will only be able to nuke his enemies for 2 days and have 2-3 nukes for the third day. 4 slots will have around 3 days of nukes and 3 slots will have 4 to 5 days (Assuming that spy operations fail or are not done).

Wonderclock isn't always that important. I frequently miss mine for a couple days, but I'm to the point where I have very few to buy at my infra.

Also I'm in a trade ring. I'm thinking of buying a HNMS and a MP, but I'm in a trade ring without Uranium. Should I buy the HNMS first, then a MP a month later so I can just swap my resources once for 5 days?

What on earth would be the point of that?

So I would only need to swap to get uranium once. You know you can't buy the MP without it >_>

Also I hardly doubt I'm going to regret missing my wonderclock. I seriously only have like 5 wonders available to me. And most of those are worthless.