Not once, not twice, but thrice!

Sunstar

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, the ODN is primarily known for sitting back with cowardice when others die for what needed to be done. NAAC, GPA, Legion, GATO. The list goes on. Also, ODN is known for not wanting to honor treaties. Just ask the commies.

Not every time :rolleyes: and indeed we screwed up on the Polaris thing but the commies?? somebody want to fill me in on that angle?

Not every time :rolleyes: and indeed we screwed up on the Polaris thing but the commies?? somebody want to fill me in on that angle?

You honor treaties when it's convenient for you. I don't think I need to explain it. If you want to know, ask them how they really feel about the ODN. They might be honest and say you're a spineless bunch of sea urchins.

In all fairness, the ODN is primarily known for sitting back with cowardice when others die for what needed to be done. NAAC, GPA, Legion, GATO. The list goes on. Also, ODN is known for not wanting to honor treaties. Just ask the commies.

ODN was fighting on the same side as NAAC in GWIII.

GPA and ODN have no relation.

Legion screwed up bad and ODN knew it. Treaties aren't suicide pacts.

GATO screwed up bad and ODN knew it. Treaties aren't suicide pacts.

Seriously, the only thing anyone could have any issue with ODN about re: foreign relations would be the separate peace they made during the Great Patriotic War and their handling of the Polaris situation... and to be quite honest they have a rational explanation for the separate peace during the GPW.

You honor treaties when it's convenient for you. I don't think I need to explain it. If you want to know, ask them how they really feel about the ODN. They might be honest and say you're a spineless bunch of sea urchins.

how little you know, was the Citrus war spineless? was GW3 spineless? i will never say ODN has been perfect nor that our elected leaders always made the right choices far from it, i am the first to criticize my own community for such decisions but the casual blackening of our name is unjustified, our history is not as clear cut as you are alluding to.

EDIT: I have never taken a convinience only approach to honor, i have in the past taken it very seriously :jihad:

ODN was fighting on the same side as NAAC in GWIII.

GPA and ODN have no relation.

Legion screwed up bad and ODN knew it. Treaties aren't suicide pacts.

GATO screwed up bad and ODN knew it. Treaties aren't suicide pacts.

Seriously, the only thing anyone could have any issue with ODN about re: foreign relations would be the separate peace they made during the Great Patriotic War and their handling of the Polaris situation... and to be quite honest they have a rational explanation for the separate peace during the GPW.

Many thanks ES, and i agree GW1 and the recent Polaris debacle were gross errors and ones i hope i never ever see repeated.

Edited by Cataduanes

Does it get more communist than Cataduanes? :P

I think you just asked a commie. A pretty big one too. XD

Hello, Cata. GWI ending is a little too complex to call a gross error; the outcome may have not have been ultimately ideal for some on Bob in the long term, but I'll never regret not descending into madness with Chris Kaos and LUE. I do regret ODN not furthering relations as a result of the complexities with any save Legion in the immediate aftermath. We all have our regrets. The Polaris bit I'll agree I view from the outside as a gross error.

Congrats on continued existence, ODN.

Also a shout out to Twizzler, Salka, Joracy, and Franklin. Do lurve you guys.

Cheers.

I'd like to echo Joracy's thoughts. :wub: ORRPLE and Orange.

Also, hello, ES. Thank you for your thoughts. And hello, Doitzel. Looking forward to that duel of wits. It would be interesting. And thank you for your critiques.

On this anniversary, a shout out to our past leaders:

Pope Hope: the wonder woman of ODN. She'll be forever missed.

Ithilien: Our own Rohan knight. We'll miss his artwork.

Mnemnoth Blackclaw: the purest voice of sanity I've ever heard. Thanks you.

Neboe: you have made a sacrifice by leaving, but you should know you're in our thoughts.

Yavanna: the most beloved elf in ODN.

Akasha: I have no idea who stole you lately, but you're still remembered in here. However, some are afraid of you, for some strange reason ;)

TheEric: sup, tiggah? Good to have you back. Remember to collect before your 20th day of inactivity this time, will you? :) . And thanks for everything.

Pingu: come out of that retirement cave already. We have fresh herring as always.

Dr. Hrmmm: whether you know it or not, you've been an inspiration to me. Thank you for being you.

potato: merci beaucoup, monsieur pomme-de-terre.

WalkerNinja: cheers!

Everybody else (I missed many great leaders, I know): the fact your name isn't here doesn't mean you are forgotten. You all contributed to the survival of ODN. Thank you all.

My digits died, but they've done that several times now.

Congratulations ODN, I wish you the best of luck this next year.

I :wub: me some Cata.

and to be quite honest they have a rational explanation for the separate peace during the GPW.

Such as? What, that the NPO used the coven as a smoke screen to save their nations, when the Pacifican menace could have been ended there? Many of us will never forgive the ODN for their betrayal in that war. These are my own opinions, and though I stand corrected on my other points, I am afraid I cannot stand down on my firm belief about the GPW.

Such as? What, that the NPO used the coven as a smoke screen to save their nations, when the Pacifican menace could have been ended there? Many of us will never forgive the ODN for their betrayal in that war. These are my own opinions, and though I stand corrected on my other points, I am afraid I cannot stand down on my firm belief about the GPW.

So, you are saying that the ODN, having mercy upon the NPO (who were dragged into the war due to the actions of a single member[/u] of another alliance - the NpO) should not have made peace with an alliance accidentally dragged into war?

As it was, the war was going to begin a short time later, and from the talks going on at the time, looked like it was going to be a far more civilised affair.

Or are we perhaps talking about different wars?

Regardless; while I may disagree with many things that the ODN has done, without the benefit of hindsight, I find that the number decreases hugely. This is one decision which I believe many fault them for now, but likely would not have then.

So, you are saying that the ODN, having mercy upon the NPO (who were dragged into the war due to the actions of a single member[/u] of another alliance - the NpO) should not have made peace with an alliance accidentally dragged into war?

Given that the ODN has distinguished the actions of a single member, and the alliance as a whole and that was the reasoning for not entering a few of it's own wars when they had treaties to the attacked alliances, I fail to see how the New Pacific Order was dragged into anything that they did not support. The NPO, and NpO at the time were both part and parcel with their own imperialist agenda. That doesn't excuse anything, and the NPO could have done the honorable thing and left Tyga to dry for his own mistakes. Instead, they thought they could take on the world, and they lost. Or rather, they would have, had the ODN sissied out and and shown "mercy". Now the ODN is stuck with their mistake and I hope they pay dearly for it. Everyone else has.

Edited by Northrend

Given that the ODN has distinguished the actions of a single member, and the alliance as a whole and that was the reasoning for not entering a few of it's own wars when they had treaties to the attacked alliances, I fail to see how the New Pacific Order was dragged into anything that they did not support. The NPO, and NpO at the time were both part and parcel with their own imperialist agenda. That doesn't excuse anything, and the NPO could have done the honorable thing and left Tyga to dry for his own mistakes. Instead, they thought they could take on the world, and they lost. Or rather, they would have, had the ODN sissied out and and shown "mercy". Now the ODN is stuck with their mistake and I hope they pay dearly for it. Everyone else has.

Just because your version of honour doesn't include "honouring treaties that you don't agree with", it does not mean that your idea of honour has to apply to everyone. In fact, you are making an attack upon the NPO's character in saying that it was dishonourable simply because it's idea of honour and yours do not match.

While the NPO and the NpO may both have had their own "Imperialist Agenda" as you put it, I do not believe that it included attacking before discussions over treaties had occurred - which again would have changed the course of history dramatically.

As a side note: I may or may not agree with you, in fact my point of view does not subscribe to either the points that you are arguing for, nor the opposite point of view. However; I am trying to point out that just because you hold something as fact does not make it so. I'd rather not derail this thread further, and so I will cease posting on this issue. If you wish to take it up further, I will be happy to discuss it via PM.

-----

Once again, congratulations on your 1,096th day of existence.