Not once, not twice, but thrice!

Sunstar

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to ODN o/

In relation to the above; for people like me can someone give me an answer to the following question "Why did Akasha, Yavanna, Diomede and that soccerbum fellow" who can be described as some of ODNs best assets up and leave? Im too lazy to log into IRC and ask you see.

Also hows Golan?

Well my take is that they could not handle the rigours of CN's largest democracy :P, And ODN has got other 'best' assets mainly of the sort that have remained ODN through thick and thin :lol: ....and Golan is mega-fine in more ways than one :D

Gatherum smiled and cleared his throat.

Despite recent actions that I do not find the most respectable (no, Setsuna, I do not refer to our current situation), I must congratulate the Orange Defense Network for its long run that few can maintain.

I suppose I could go into the pros and cons of this alliance, but I see that as a discussion for another time. Suffice to say, it have had a great time fighting both with, and against you. That is all. ;)

Gatherum bowed respectfully.

Many thanks Gatherum, your respectful presence here in this celebration is very much appreciated ;) (Setsuna might disagree but hey thats war for you).

*Cata bows deeply

Happy Birthday, ODN!

Many thanks, its mighty good to see GPA having more of a presence on the BB's these days ;)

Edited by Cataduanes

In relation to the above; for people like me can someone give me an answer to the following question "Why did Akasha, Yavanna, Diomede and that soccerbum fellow" who can be described as some of ODNs best assets up and leave? Im too lazy to log into IRC and ask you see.

Also hows Golan?

Are you asking about our first or second time leaving? :v:

I can tell you why Diomede left and joined Argent. He was tired of being in gov. We made him MoIA for a short time until we were sure our next replacement would be better. He's since retired again :)

The venerable leader from the island nation of Diomede would like to remind you that he can speak for himself.

The best thing about ODN is that you never have to wonder if they've got your back or not. :blush:

The best thing about Hmmmmmmm is that he hides behind Anonymous and then gets banned.:blush:

Way to fail.

Edited by Style 386

Hello, Cata. GWI ending is a little too complex to call a gross error; the outcome may have not have been ultimately ideal for some on Bob in the long term, but I'll never regret not descending into madness with Chris Kaos and LUE. I do regret ODN not furthering relations as a result of the complexities with any save Legion in the immediate aftermath. We all have our regrets. The Polaris bit I'll agree I view from the outside as a gross error.

Congrats on continued existence, ODN.

Also a shout out to Twizzler, Salka, Joracy, and Franklin. Do lurve you guys.

Cheers.

No lurve for Sunstar? :(

Also hows Golan?

Hi BnT. As others have alluded to, you'd really be best off asking these individuals themselves that question, though you can ask the same questions about many other individuals and alliances as well.

Please give credit where credit is due. I am disappointed to see a lack of a mention of Pope Hope.

Pope Hope was indeed a founding member, and did a lot for us in the early days. However, when I first joined, she was already inactive. I cannot remember her at a period of time in which she was incredibly active. That was a February. I joined in March, and began heavy activity in April. Take that as you will.

My sincerest congratulations to the Orange Defense Network on its third anniversary.

Right to the point then. The cancellation of the Orange Ice Lollies has been alluded to as a "gross error" a number of times in this thread. I'd like to respond to some of these comments if I may.

First, we should be clear that Polaris does not want to drag its friends and allies unwillingly to the brink of destruction. When it became clear that ODN did not feel they belonged by our side, citing many of the mistakes we had made in the past, we were happy to let ODN go its separate way unfettered. You need to stop feeling guilty about it. You stood by us far longer than most others, even when your cancellation could have been lost in the confusion of early July, and for that you earned our gratitude. It obviously did not turn out very well for either of us, but I at least appreciate the sincerity of the sentiment even if the actions did not always match it. In my short time on this planet I have witnessed far worse betrayals at far more crucial times than this one. You guys get enough heat for canceling that treaty from all directions as it is. You shouldn't have to take any more from yourselves as well.

If you are referring to Polaris, then I think you are mistaken. I've always felt that ODN was one of the friendliest and most welcoming alliances out there, despite how you seem to think we view you. That sort of opinion does not change over a treaty cancellation; friendship is friendship and politics are politics. No Polars that I know hate ODN, though some were a little disappointed in its politics.

As for your goal of improving public relations, I wish I could offer you more useful advice than this. Unfortunately, I've found that opportunities to drastically alter your public image are few and far between. Polaris was not afforded this opportunity when Grub became Emperor until after we'd succumbed to a month as punching bags and accumulated what still feels like the weight of the entire world's guilt. When it was over, alliances that had shut their ears to us before the war were suddenly open to listening. I don't think there is much ODN can do other than waiting for that one golden opportunity. When there is a significant event in global politics, you will have another chance to demonstrate your true nature and the way you want to be seen. Until then, I truly hope that you can weather the occasional rotten vegetables tossed your way with that friendly and gentle touch that I have come to expect from ODN. You don't deserve to be the target; especially not on your birthday.

Send my best wishes and fresh fishes to all of your members in your alliance's fourth year with this community.

<3.

Also hows Golan?

Two great questions. Firstly, ask Golan, I am sure he is well. Secondly, I find a better question to be "Why have the rest stayed?" It certainly is an interesting question, one that cannot truly be answered, only speculated. We're trying ;)

EDIT: Oh, and Soccerbum was a total tool. In fact, he just had some sexy graphics in his avvy/sig. That's really the only reason why we kept him for so long. :P

Edited by Twizzler

EDIT: Oh, and Soccerbum was a total tool. In fact, he just had some sexy graphics in his avvy/sig. That's really the only reason why we kept him for so long. :P

That's not what you said last night. :blush:

Also, I stab you. Let's let this thread to rest, now? :ph34r:

Hello, Cata. GWI ending is a little too complex to call a gross error; the outcome may have not have been ultimately ideal for some on Bob in the long term, but I'll never regret not descending into madness with Chris Kaos and LUE. I do regret ODN not furthering relations as a result of the complexities with any save Legion in the immediate aftermath. We all have our regrets. The Polaris bit I'll agree I view from the outside as a gross error.

Congrats on continued existence, ODN.

Also a shout out to Twizzler, Salka, Joracy, and Franklin. Do lurve you guys.

Cheers.

oh, I almost forgot

:blush: Thanks yavanna, same to you.