Issues With GOD

Kaiser Martens

OOC: What part of the systematic murder, isolation, and genocide of my people is funny?

IC: Being in GOD at the time of this whole thing happening, I fully support both Xiphosis and GOD. Not just because i'm allied to them, but because I went through this with them and know the spinless story

OOC: As an Indian, I have also played roles of Hindus being murdered in mass by Muslims, and also the beating and death of Ghandi. Get off your moral high horse. You've got no right. Besides, it's called satire. The joke is that the Americans did engage in genocide. Do try to keep up. It is on your point. Most conservatives would even go so far as to say it wasn't a genocide. That skit was to say otherwise. Lighten up.

IC: I think that's quite a grudge you've got, but whatever.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This angle of reasoning is hilarious.

Slayer and others oppose a Perma-ZI sentence...rather than arguing the merits of KM's case (I definitely see two sides to that discussion), we are talking about how if you don't oppose all PZI you support all PZI. Go Vox!

Just keep looking at the shiny distraction...

Edited by bigwoody

He was on ZI before he applied to Zenith. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it's almost a universal policy, and not to mention proper inter-alliance etiquette, to respect the ZI list of another alliance if a nation on said ZI list applies. Then again, I wouldn't know, I've just been active in alliance politics for well over two and a half years.

Which is why Zenith has tried negotiating a solution in good faith.

I don't see it that way at all, Smooth.

I may be missing something behind the scenes, but no one has demanded GOD do anything, while some have indeed expressed disagreement, that is no different than any other such thread where ZI issues are involved.

If there was some sort of threat made, do point it out to me (seriously) and that can be handled.

I'd have to agree. To the extent of my knowledge, the only issue between GOD and Zenith is what they're ultimately going to do with Martens. I'm quite confident they'll be able to work something out given time. There are plenty of people in here ranting up a storm, but that happens in controversial threads, and rarely has any impact on the actual situation itself. The closest anyone related to the issue comes to causing any trouble is Martens making the thread in the first place, and that would be a tenuous case at best.

Until someone shows me TPF going into actual talks and making demands, I'd take comments in this thread by them the same way I'd take any other comments, just a comment in a public thread.

He wasn't ZI...he was in a state of war having never surrendered. He was in ZI (as is all of Vox) after joining Vox.

He was sitting in peace mode in effective P-ZI before joining Vox. So was I. So was Starfox. So were most of us.

In fact I think you posted congratulating me on actually getting him to fight.

This angle of reasoning is hilarious.

Slayer and others oppose a Perma-ZI sentence...rather than arguing the merits of KM's case (I definitely see two sides to that discussion), we are talking about how if you don't oppose all PZI you support all PZI. Go Vox!

Just keep looking at the shiny distraction...

This thread is just chock full of CN cliches.

Any thread involving Martens will eventually involve a debate about Nazis.

Any thread in which someone is ZI'd will eventually involve a debate about the merits/evils of the various forms of ZI.

Any thread will eventually involve a debate about Vox.

Until someone shows me TPF going into actual talks and making demands, I'd take comments in this thread by them the same way I'd take any other comments, just a comment in a public thread.

We actually waited in a channel for over an hour the other night for a meeting that was supposed to happen, but the timing didn't work out. But its been made clear we are more than willing to join any other meeting on the subject.

Any thread in which someone is ZI'd will eventually involve a debate about the merits/evils of the various forms of ZI.

We're just too awesome.

Hey, it's also got one oddity. I'm on Slayer's side here.

I already stated at the beginning of this thread that Zenith and GOD have had a pretty amicable dialogue over what to do with KM, and that's it on-going, but some people seem to have missed that, so there it is. I've not talked to TPF on this matter, except to address a concern Slayer had, and don't intend to. Zenith and GOD are perfectly capable of handling something like this, of all things, without involving half of CN.

I'd also further like to point out this is a P-ZI and not a E-ZI. KM can come back in a week, GOD just wants this nation, the nation that caused them pain, gone.

This does appear fair, by all accounts.

That said, I don't understand why a compromise on this situation is being made so ridiculously difficult to achieve.

That said, I don't understand why a compromise on this situation is being made so ridiculously difficult to achieve.

Because KM is always KM. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand.

I think it's more that people like ranting publicly at each other, more than that a compromise can't actually be reached. Note that of all the people yelling at each other, GOD and Zenith aren't.

But the 2 of you have both been down the ZI path get over it and move on. If KM was such an issue with GOD then why hadn't GOD been going after KM from the minute he left NoV? To bring out an old issue like this months down the road seems pretty petty in itself.

QFT

After leaving NoV, KM went to Black Defense Coalition, Nueva Vida etc......

Its been 1 and half years since UJW....you had 18 months to carry out a ZI / PZI sentence....what kept u waiting ?

Since i was MoFA / Emperor during his time in Nueva Vida, i am sure i would have heard of any requests / demands from GOD to gift wrap KM and hand him over so that they may carry out his ZI / PZI sentence. Neither BDC nor NV was approached with any such requests during his time in our respective alliances.......why ??

Edited by raasaa

Well allow me to enlighten the thread and bring it back on topic all at once.

Facts:

-Xiphosis has had KM on his ZI list for a loooong time. This is not some new attempt to start problems, anyone who has talked to Xiph ever knows about his issues with NoV and KM.

-Yeah, Xiphosis dropped the ball by not asserting his claims on KM earlier, but its an honest mistake, and the issue still exists.

-Despite all attempts by Vox and Co to spin this as some dramatic flashpoint, last I recall GOD and Zenith were discussing possible diplomatic solutions to this in good faith. Why are we even here?

Slayer merely has posted that he and KM have reconciled and he disagrees with KM's continued internment. I see no threats anywhere from either side of this issue.

So, how about we be good boys and girls and let Zenith and GOD hash this out in private. And on a final note, KM, posting this thread was probably a bad idea, if I were you I'd bow out quietly and let Zenith go back to trying to save your nation. Just a thought, DK is traditionally good at that kind of thing.

Martens, just out of curiousity, what did you hope to accomplish by posting this thread while talks are ongoing? I know for a fact that Xiphosis and DK are having a very cordial chat about you and I don't understand why you would do this unless it was your intent to try and egg GOD on.

QFT

After leaving NoV, KM went to Black Defense Coalition, Nueva Vida etc......

Since i was MoFA / Emperor during his time in Nueva Vida, i am sure i would have heard of any requests / demands from GOD to gift wrap KM and hand him over so that they may carry out his ZI / PZI sentence. Neither BDC nor NV was approached with any such requests during his time in our respective alliances.......why ??

A very interesting point...

Not everyone knows who's on everyone else's ZI list.

So it was an oversight. That doesn't mean GOD was waiting in the shadows for someone small to take Martens in so they could jump out and yell "Boo" which is what Boris implied. It just means that our system of keeping track of who has problems with who sucks. (Probably because we don't actually have one).

That is what is funny and actually normal for here. You have people yelling and screaming, pointing fingers and getting mad, everybody except the 2 parties involved.

Of course every thread like this probably makes coming to a solution even harder.