The Tech Raid Lottery Show

Jason8

in short a NO U? how brilliant you are!

Well your failure to address my point kinda makes it difficult for me to reply.

If you wish me to discuss the various qualifications I have, I will do so for you ;)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what exactly is RAD doing wrong here?

They are running a clear repeat of the very thing that made most of the planet turn against \m/. Whether material harm was done or not is clearly not the point; the point is that they have blatantly and deliberately associated themselves with the \m/ ZI Game Show, widely thought to be one of the nadirs of the conduct of the Unjust Path and one of the main factors behind the huge bandwagon that ~ were able to draw on to defeat them. It is hard to think of a clearer 'Hi, we're \m/ 2.0' signal. And considering \m/ are still on permanent ZI (try switching to the \m/ AA if you don't believe me), that is doing something wrong.

This was a publicity stunt

Well, congratulations, you got a lot of publicity. Mission accomplished? :wacko:

And pulling the 'you're irrelevant' post on Bob, a much better known and respected character than you are (whoever you are), is pretty funny in itself.

Quit while you're not too far behind.

They are running a clear repeat of the very thing that made most of the planet turn against \m/. Whether material harm was done or not is clearly not the point; the point is that they have blatantly and deliberately associated themselves with the \m/ ZI Game Show, widely thought to be one of the nadirs of the conduct of the Unjust Path and one of the main factors behind the huge bandwagon that ~ were able to draw on to defeat them. It is hard to think of a clearer 'Hi, we're \m/ 2.0' signal. And considering \m/ are still on permanent ZI (try switching to the \m/ AA if you don't believe me), that is doing something wrong.

Didn't think I'd ever see myself agreeing with you anytime soon.

a PHD in how to turn a "No you" post into a long winded statement?

So let's go back to my original point here now, because you need to reply to it for this discussion to go anywhere, instead of just being a string of insults.

We knew we wouldn't get positive reponses, i just felt like giving you a few home truths
So why exactly would RoK allow this?

Something that you go into knowing it will end poorly..this is a brilliant thing for a protector to let their protectorate do..

If you care to address the point, then we can continue this discussion. If not, you are just attempting to troll and failing hard at it.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

A letter from the office of the Comptroller of Back Pocket:

My friends, citizens, and fellow Bobians,

I think this is all a misunderstanding. We are not "the man". Instead, what you see here is our assistance in an attempt to stimulate the stagnant economy. Jobs have been lost, businesses have closed, and our production has faltered. We at RAD are not taking action for entertainment, instead the RAD Economic Development Enterprises co. llc. ltd. LMNOP. is working to alleviate our broken economy. We are providing funds to individual nations in order to develop infrastructure, build green energy programs, and create bio-economy educational programs. In addition, our highly skilled re-development team is providing technical assistance to remove inefficient infrastructure and promote the reassignment of resources to higher uses. These programs will help said nations immensely, and in turn, provide you with a more stable economy and more jobs.

We understand some of our methods may be controversial, but our research staff has assured us this is the only path that will achieve results. I am sure all of you are facing the same budget crunches that we are, but we are refusing to cut our beneficial programs. We have a heart. Our administrators are even refusing coffee! One more time: Our administrators are refusing coffee. If you doubt our motives even once, I highly recommend re-reading the past sentence and allowing your minds to be blown. I'll wait.

These programs are not for the good of RAD. In fact, quite the contrary. We could be using the funds to build and re-decorate our fashionable offices, instead we are offering our help, assistance, and mounds of cash for the good of "none" nations. I strongly urge each and every one of you to re-evaluate your frustration and work towards building your own complementary programs. I hope you choose the right thing.

Until then I remain your faithful servant,

Sir. Col. Dr. Rev. LintWad CPA, CF, MBA, Esq.

Faithful RAD member

Well, congratulations, you got a lot of publicity. Mission accomplished? :wacko:

We aren't \m/, we're called the Republic of Allied Defenses. We are just bringing back the things that made the game fun. The UJW debate has been done to death, if you wish to dicuss this further with me, then feel free to send me a PM.

Well your failure to address my point kinda makes it difficult for me to reply.

If you wish me to discuss the various qualifications I have, I will do so for you ;)

Qualifications? You have no qualifications!

You know who I really liked? That Bob guy from the Greenland Republic... Now he was cool. And he had QUALIFICATIONS!

Edited by Jason8

My friends, citizens, and fellow Bobians,

I think this is all a misunderstanding. We are not "the man". Instead, what you see here is our assistance in an attempt to stimulate the stagnant economy. Jobs have been lost, businesses have closed, and our production has faltered. We at RAD are not taking action for entertainment, instead the RAD Economic Development Enterprises co. llc. ltd. LMNOP. is working to alleviate our broken economy. We are providing funds to individual nations in order to develop infrastructure, build green energy programs, and create bio-economy educational programs. In addition, our highly skilled re-development team is providing technical assistance to remove inefficient infrastructure and promote the reassignment of resources to higher uses. These programs will help said nations immensely, and in turn, provide you with a more stable economy and more jobs.

We understand some of our methods may be controversial, but our research staff has assured us this is the only path that will achieve results. I am sure all of you are facing the same budget crunches that we are, but we are refusing to cut our beneficial programs. We have a heart. Our administrators are even refusing coffee! One more time: Our administrators are refusing coffee. If you doubt our motives even once, I highly recommend re-reading the past sentence and allowing your minds to be blown. I'll wait.

These programs are not for the good of RAD. In fact, quite the contrary. We could be using the funds to build and re-decorate our fashionable offices, instead we are offering our help, assistance, and mounds of cash for the good of "none" nations. I strongly urge each and every one of you to re-evaluate your frustration and work towards building your own complementary programs. I hope you choose the right thing.

Until then I remain your faithful servant,

Sir. Col. Dr. Rev. LintWad CPA, CF, MBA, Esq.

Faithful RAD member

Ah, I love an amazing post in the morning...

Oh wait, it's 8:20 PM. I seem to have slept in!

...crap.

If you care to address the point, then we can continue this discussion. If not, you are just attempting to troll and failing hard at it.

They are fine with this, whether or not they agree with this isn't of relevance to you or any of your business.

Edited by Irisheyes

We weren't even looking for positive reviews or praise. we just wanted the attention of Planet Bob. And it looks like we've got it

So let me get this straight your goal was bring heaps of scorn upon your alliance by pretty much everyone, embarrass RoK who no doubt would have warned you what a screw up this would be if you had let them know first, and make yourself one of those alliances everyone wants to kill. Well guess what? Mission accomplished.

Please for the love of Admin talk to Hal or ROK before you have anymore great ideas. They know what they are doing and would no doubt be happy to keep you from public humiliation again. I mean honestly who though this was a good idea? Lock this mother and let everyone forget about it and RAD, thats what I would suggest.

Its not a fact of raid or raiding....how about the asshatness in which they went about doing it. Epic Fail is all that describes this thread....if your gonna go raid then do it and dont make a big deal of it.....this "announcement" is overkill and has been called out as such.

Have you read the Alliance Politics forum recently? Its about as boring as it gets. Now all those kids (I especially laughed at Timeline's post) out there that love their nation building and their infra, I guess it all works out. People seem to forget that there's a war function for a reason, and while I'm not about public announcements like this much, there's no reason not to make a little game out of it. Honestly, more people have left the game due to being ZI'd and PZI'd by those alliances that denounce raiding than any raiders ever have. I have stood by and will always stand that raiding is the push that makes you move - whether its a None going and finding an alliance, or an alliance finding a protectorate. This game isn't about the mechanics anymore, because the Gramlins are a great example of an entire group of people who have it down to a science and Admin keeps things stagnant. Its about the community, and my philosophy has always been raiding is a push towards forcing someone into it rather than being a None and doing their own thing.

Especially at the levels they're raiding at, there is no significant damage done. Lighten up, crack a beer, and realize that there is nothing exciting going on. Stop forgetting some lucky SOB gets $3 million. Don't forget my earlier advice on him, raiders. ;)

For those who don't believe that raiding is a profitable business, check my nation out along with a dozen others like Stocker, Pooksland, fant0m, mushi, and many, many more. We raided, we maintained decorum, and our alliances protect the alliances we raid and offer temporary protection to individual nations we raid until they find a new home. We wouldn't treaty with someone who wasn't good people at heart about raiding either. Funny though, half the self-righteous people out there will never have the balls to put their nation on the line and be raided or raid someone knowing they'll get nuked just for fun. Or their alliances or former alliances raid and love it. If you say you're going to go to None to get raided for this "ZI show" (which, if I remember the OP started as simple raid and peace..), go do it!

Qualifications? You have no qualifications!

You know who I really liked? That Bob guy from the Greenland Republic... Now he was cool. And he had QUALIFICATIONS!

)): Jason8 )):

I really hated that guy he was such a jerk he always went by Bob on IRC and was like "OMG I AM SO COOL GAIZ"

They are fine with this, whether or not they agree with this isn't of relevance to you or any of your business.

Then I must admit to being surprised that something like this would be approved by an alliance with responsible leadership. I expect this from Jason because he is Jason8, as much as I love him to death I know that he is prone to doing things that others would not consider good political moves. From the leaders of an alliance that has a considerable amount of respect you expect different.

5 steps ahead of you my man. ;)

Good man. I'll grab a cold one with dinner soon.

Also, something I forgot to write in my long post - to those who don't believe in raiding: Forcing your opinions on those who don't believe in what you believe in isn't going to change anything. The only way to change the world is to eliminate all those who believe in raiding and force them out of the game. Which is the biggest negative those who advocate a no-raiding policy lay down time and time again. So lose active people who like to raid and give a differing opinion about the game for those who don't play the game beyond its in game side?

Sounds like a bad call to me!

And don't mind me, I have no qualifications! Don't want none either. :P

Then I must admit to being surprised that something like this would be approved by an alliance with responsible leadership. I expect this from Jason because he is Jason8, as much as I love him to death I know that he is prone to doing things that others would not consider good political moves. From the leaders of an alliance that has a considerable amount of respect you expect different.

Sadly, you can't teach responsibility or respect.

And they clearly don't know how to earn it.