Petition for Coldfront IRC admin

Jingoist

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen...

A couple of us are getting together a petition to give to the irc admin on coldfront in an effort to get them to increase the number of linked nicks available to coldfront users. Four simply isn't enough.

We need as many signatures as possible, so if you're interested in being on this petition, please respond to this thread with what your irc registered nick is on coldfront. coldfront users only, please.

any questions, let me know.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't it enough?

because it simply isn't.

jingoist

tiznoast

afknoast

beernoast

what happens if i want one with my alliance tag in it? what happens when i want to be sleepnoast or showernoast or gonenoast or similar? what happens if i were like one of the many who are highly active in both CN and CN:TE, then i have two nicks for each game? god forbid i should play CN, CN:TE and other games also, and use CF for all of them out of convenience... it's just not enough to have four.

With the number of CN gadflies who have blatantly disregarded coldfronts rules and warnings, Vox, BSC I'm looking at you, I think it would be best for all of the CN community to keep our heads down and shuffle our feet when it comes to coldfront. We are not exactly on their friends list right now.

because it simply isn't.

jingoist

tiznoast

afknoast

beernoast

what happens if i want one with my alliance tag in it? what happens when i want to be sleepnoast or showernoast or gonenoast or similar? what happens if i were like one of the many who are highly active in both CN and CN:TE, then i have two nicks for each game? god forbid i should play CN, CN:TE and other games also, and use CF for all of them out of convenience... it's just not enough to have four.

you don't have to tell everyone on IRC what you're doing at every single moment of every single day.

you don't have to tell everyone on IRC what you're doing at every single moment of every single day.

i stand by my point. you're welcome to your opinion, of course, but there's no point in arguing whether or not it is or isn't enough linked nicks. if you wanna sign, sign. if you don't, don't.

it's as simple as that :)

With the number of CN gadflies who have blatantly disregarded coldfronts rules and warnings, Vox, BSC I'm looking at you, I think it would be best for all of the CN community to keep our heads down and shuffle our feet when it comes to coldfront. We are not exactly on their friends list right now.

well it's not like I'm going to be rude and make demands. If they dont want to do it, they wont. But it cannot possibly hurt to ask. also, dont just assume that CN users are all were asking. We are reaching out to all coldfront users. The arguments i used in this thread would be tailored more to CN users, obviously, but this isn't a strictly CN users petition. it's a coldfront users petition. lots of folks on CF who dont play CN at all.

Interestingly as founder of all Vox channels I have absolutely no bloody clue what you're talking about. You'd think they'd come to me or that there'd be a post on our forum if they had come to any of us but instead they sent an NPO grunt to give us a vague message in a hardly-related thread on the CN forums. Fascinating.

Interestingly as founder of all Vox channels I have absolutely no bloody clue what you're talking about. You'd think they'd come to me or that there'd be a post on our forum if they had come to any of us but instead they sent an NPO grunt to give us a vague message in a hardly-related thread on the CN forums. Fascinating.

so... can i put you on the list?

:v

Why can't you just identify yourself, then use the nick command? I'm confused.

if you are using an unlinked nick and get kicked or ping or any of the other usual lulzy irc shens like that, it doesn't recognize you. this is especially troublesome in private chans with access lists

No :v:

Why do you need more than 3? Your usual name, an alternate name for disconnects, an away name... ?

as i mentioned upthread, playing several different games, nicks with and without alliance tags, etc etc

we're not all spartan in our /nick practices

if you are using an unlinked nick and get kicked or ping or any of the other usual lulzy irc shens like that, it doesn't recognize you. this is especially troublesome in private chans with access lists

I believe you if you identify before hand, it doesn't matter what you change your nick to, you're still recognized.

as i mentioned upthread, playing several different games, nicks with and without alliance tags, etc etc

we're not all spartan in our /nick practices

do you have more than one email address? if so just register another account. also if you set up your perform list properly you dont have to worry about pingout or kick bans

or you could always just alternate whats linked by dropping a nick and then linking up another and then dropping and relinking as needed.

Edited by KingSrqt