Petition for Coldfront IRC admin

Jingoist

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you if you identify before hand, it doesn't matter what you change your nick to, you're still recognized.

that isn't true once you leave a chan (be it by kick, d/c, ping w/e) you come back as unrecognized, and will get banned from private chans with access lists.

but, again... focus people. if you want to sign, sign. if you don't, don't.

:awesome:

Interestingly as founder of all Vox channels I have absolutely no bloody clue what you're talking about. You'd think they'd come to me or that there'd be a post on our forum if they had come to any of us but instead they sent an NPO grunt to give us a vague message in a hardly-related thread on the CN forums. Fascinating.

I'm speaking specifically to the channels you were able to raid thanks to Kassad giving you the passwords that occurred just a few weeks after coldfront had warned the CN comunity not to do it again. And the BSC raiding one of our channels just last week with Vox coming along for the ride. Which a coldfront admin again had to deal with of course. CN has a long history of not being able to recognize that IRC servers are owned and operated very OOC and what some may think is funny IC guerrilla warfare tactics Coldfront does not. Coldfront just sees a group of users violating their TOS.

CN is pretty much on coldfront's !@#$list for the actions of our player base and I dont think its wise to ask them for anything. You refer to me as an NPO grunt but this has nothing to do with IC. It has to do with our comunties current OOC perception by the coldfront admins. A perception we have rightfully earned.

Edited by GTTofAK

I'm speaking specifically to the channels you were able to raid thanks to Kassad giving you the passwords that occurred just a few weeks after coldfront had warned the CN comunity not to do it again. And the BSC raiding one of our channels just last week with Vox coming along for the ride. Which a coldfront admin again had to deal with of course. CN has a long history of not being able to recognize that IRC servers are owned and operated very OOC and what some may think is funny IC guerrilla warfare tactics Coldfront does not. Coldfront just sees a group of users violating their TOS.

CN is pretty much on coldfront's !@#$list for the actions of our player base and I dont think its wise to ask them for anything. You refer to me as an NPO grunt but this has nothing to do with IC. It has to do with our comunties current OOC perception by the coldfront admins. A perception we have rightfully earned.

Do you know of who in Vox participated in this recent raid? Let's go to PM.

Thank you for reminding everyone that 5 months ago in August some people in Vox Populi were able to enter some channels owned by NPO after NPO kicked out a military commander for posting an essay about Vox that the IOs didn't like. Maybe next time you're going to toss someone on their $@! you'll make sure they're not so deep in.

You might also recall that FAN had released those same channel passwords weeks earlier, and NPO refused to change the passwords, instead opting to ZI anyone that dared enter (which I refer to as swinging around their huuuuuuge e-peen).

As for Severus Knight, who is not a member of Vox Populi, entering #npo_welcome, please don't try to fool everyone. Your own Council member, ComradeAsh/VasilyKasarov, has noted on your own forum that the channel was "unused" (or was that just damage control?) and using the Op powers that NPO endowed him with to kick out people he didn't like and invite people that he did like is not the human rights violation you're making it out to be. Lesson #2 in stepping on people that know enough about NPO to step back (or forward as the case may be).

Now that everyone knows that you're full of crap, would you like to change the conversation about conduct on IRC to, say, IOs telling ex-members to "go !@#$@#$ die" on Coldfront?

In fact, it is utterly impossible for Vox Populi to "raid" any channel, we never have more than 5 overt members on IRC at one time.

Edited by Schattenmann

I remember when we had this problem with Esper. :awesome:

So GTT let me get this straight you are talking about an isolated incident from 6 months ago and then you are calling a handful of people talking in a public room a raid?

Somehow I don't think the CF admins really care about someone who had ops in a channel using them or about a handful of people not being disruptive in a public room. And they are probably over the 6 month old chan raid.

I have to wonder why anyone would need more than four nicknames, personally, even after reading all the replies here.

Coldfront currently limits you to three concurrent connections per IP (With an exception in place for Mibbit that isn't relevant), meaning that - By using the restrictions in place as they're designed, you can't possibly be using all your nicknames concurrently.

Personally, I use four, all of them one character long (Main nickname: \, you might recognise it, hai!). This will be my eleventh month of doing so. Granted, I'm not the most "popular" CN player, but I've never had an issue with linked nickname counts.

My point being - Alliance tags are only necessary by some arbitrary channel rule, nothing on IRC enforces you to use it (Heck, I'm the living proof that even the channels that do, don't). You don't even need to be using a registered nickname to gain access to a channel you own on Coldfront (Use /cs identify #channel channelpassword, and you have your owner access). You could, if you so choose, identify with your main nickname, change to another, and not lose status. Nothing says you have to be using a registered nickname every minute of every day, nothing stops you from reclaiming your registered nickname back if someone is using it. The limit applies to linked nicknames and e-mail addresses, thus you can (by technicality) register it under a different e-mail address if you really have to.

Seriously, am I missing the point here? I'll admit to the possibility, but Nickname|AFK probably doesn't need ChanServ access.

With the number of CN gadflies who have blatantly disregarded coldfronts rules and warnings, Vox, BSC I'm looking at you, I think it would be best for all of the CN community to keep our heads down and shuffle our feet when it comes to coldfront. We are not exactly on their friends list right now.

What have they specifically done?

/me signs

With the number of CN gadflies who have blatantly disregarded coldfronts rules and warnings, Vox, BSC I'm looking at you, I think it would be best for all of the CN community to keep our heads down and shuffle our feet when it comes to coldfront. We are not exactly on their friends list right now.

What have they specifically done?

/me signs

edit: Read the thread. The sev issue really isn't relevant, because it is YOUR fault for not taking him off the access list.