The Legion's Third Anniversary Big Bash

Arcadian Empire

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ to three years of cowering in fear, fighting terribly, and coining the term "Paper tiger" all by yourself. :)

Have a happy anniversary Legion. ^^

You're right the Legion could have had the long a glorious military tradition that genmay had. You guys fought like one war lost it and disbanded. That's something to be proud of.

o/ to three years of cowering in fear, fighting terribly, and coining the term "Paper tiger" all by yourself. :)

Have a happy anniversary Legion. ^^

Hey, at least we actually made it to our 3rd anniversary. Genmay didn't even make it a year. How sad.

Seriously, I think I might cry. :lol:

Just because I couldn't get on me internet doesn't mean I don't have memories!

My First War(Legion @ Allies v.s. PAIN, Vanguard, Universalis)

My Squad and I took down countless PAINers, Vanguardians, and Uni's all without going into Anarchy ourselves. Sure, we did have Numerical advantage, but war is war, if you allow yourself to be overrun, blames on you.

Hey, at least we actually made it to our 3rd anniversary. Genmay didn't even make it a year. How sad.

At least Genmay was fun.

other then that, Congratulations.

Edited by Xavii

My Squad and I took down countless PAINers, Vanguardians, and Uni's all without going into Anarchy ourselves. Sure, we did have Numerical advantage, but war is war, if you allow yourself to be overrun, blames on you.

Would you like a Round 2 low tiered, young one? We'll make it 1 on 1 this time and see how it ends?

Congrats Legion on your recent growth spurt since Feb 1st ;)

Just because I couldn't get on me internet doesn't mean I don't have memories!

My First War(Legion @ Allies v.s. PAIN, Vanguard, Universalis)

lol, forgetting the fact that you arent in range of the majority of Vanguard nations.

Dont know about you, but i got a profit from the war. mmm legion tech.

Edited by Renolds

Gentlemen please,

That war was 5 months ago. Some Vanguard nations did very well, some Legion nations did well. Some Vanguard nations did not, and some Legion nations did not. Both alliances survived the war, both are still vibrant and spirited. This is a good thing.

Breaking out the rulers to measure each other's E-Peen's at this time doesn't accomplish anything.

Edited by Banedon

But Genmay will be remember as a great group who took a bullet in stride for a group of allies.

Legion will be remembered as a fat guy who ran to save his buddy after leaving them out to dry once, getting shot and shooting tech and land all over their enemies, and having a !@#$ leadership.

In your opinion, what was Legion's proudest moment?

Well first of all, I wouldn't like to embark on a flame match because that wouldn't be good for me now would it.

But I will answer back.

Would you like a Round 2 low tiered, young one? We'll make it 1 on 1 this time and see how it ends?

Congrats Legion on your recent growth spurt since Feb 1st ;)

In about 18 days, when I get my Full Set of Nukes. Sure, you'll probably win, but I'll take a good chunk of Infrastructure/Tech from you too.

lol, forgetting the fact that you arent in range of the majority of Vanguard nations.

Dont know about you, but i got a profit from the war. mmm legion tech.

If I could of, I would of spent my warchest on Infrastructure to get in range to bash their balls out. But, even if I did get in range, they were full of Legion "roosters" and lack the holes for me to stick my "rooster" in them. Besides that, I was making a profit, but the only guy that I could find with a military and little or no one fighting him only CM'd me and caused me to lose a bit of Infrastructure, but at the end I made a profit in Vanguardian tech. Gave it away though, smelt like homosexuals.

If I could of, I would of spent my warchest on Infrastructure to get in range to bash their balls out. But, even if I did get in range, they were full of Legion "roosters" and lack the holes for me to stick my "rooster" in them. Besides that, I was making a profit, but the only guy that I could find with a military and little or no one fighting him only CM'd me and caused me to lose a bit of Infrastructure, but at the end I made a profit in Vanguardian tech. Gave it away though, smelt like homosexuals.

you do realise your bragging about bringing one or two inactive nations down while they were facing a few hundred themselves? at the top were the nuclear storm was raging Vanguard was coming out the better. otherwise you wouldnt have needed to run to your friends B)

PS I will reply to any more history revisionism here.

Edited by Renolds

A few hundred? No, we only have 6 war slots in total. Now the closest they'd ever get to 100 is if they actually did declare on 3 while being warred on by 3 at the same time. Now that would be stupid, wouldn't it? And taking your estimate, I think they actually did have 6 active wars at the same time.

Whoa, Whoa guys and girls, relax. I simply and genuinely congratulated Legion on their growth. I've come around to respect Legion once again in certain areas. But lets dive into this :P

Well first of all, I wouldn't like to embark on a flame match because that wouldn't be good for me now would it.

But I will answer back.

We at Vanguard have very thick skins. If you disagree with us, say so and state a logical reason why - we don't consider you disagreeing with us as 'flaming' :)

In about 18 days, when I get my Full Set of Nukes. Sure, you'll probably win, but I'll take a good chunk of Infrastructure/Tech from you too.

I like your style because it makes me smile. Legion, recruit more of these personalities ;)

Gave it away though, smelt like homosexuals.

Um, this came out of nowhere and I'm actually a bit disappointed :huh:

As for the war slots... at the wars' peak, Vanguard was engaged in over 200+ wars with 10% of our alliance in peace mode and most Vanguardians at around 4-5 war slots. If we wanted to go 'all out', we would have increased that number ourselves.

Peace out and keep growing Legion!

Besides that, I was making a profit, but the only guy that I could find with a military and little or no one fighting him only CM'd me and caused me to lose a bit of Infrastructure, but at the end I made a profit in Vanguardian tech. Gave it away though, smelt like homosexuals.

Ah, still classy as ever. You know, there have been zero problems between Vanguard and The Legion since the conclusion of the war, but since you have brought it up for discussion, I thought I may as well provide you with some enlightenment. Let us examine some statistics, shall we?

The day prior to the outbreak of the Vanguard/Legion conflict, the 15th August:

Total strength.

Vanguard: 1,514,650

The Legion: 3,038,090

The day the peace settlement came into effect, the 22nd August:

Total strength.

Vanguard: 1,476,191

The Legion: 2,627,294

Losses between 15th August and 22nd August:

Total strength.

Vanguard: -38,459 (-2.54%)

The Legion: -410,796 (-13.52%)

Bit of a difference there, wouldn't you say?

Now that we've examined the damage done during the war, let's take a look at how long both alliances took to recover following it. The relevant statistics can be found here and here. Keeping in mind the standings on the day prior to the war, the 15th of August:

The day prior to the outbreak of the Vanguard/Legion conflict, the 15th August:

Total strength.

Vanguard: 1,514,650

The Legion: 3,038,090

The date Vanguard and The Legion regained their pre-war strength:

Vanguard: 4th September (13 days after peace was reached)

The Legion: 12th November (82 days after peace was reached)

So, between the 15th of August and 12th of November, let's take a look at the gains by each alliance:

Difference in strength between 15th of August and 12th of November:

Total strength.

Vanguard: +495,036

The Legion: +2,439

So, if you would like another round, jackyseto123, come and get it.

Edited by Revanche

Never been much of a fan of the Legion. Their longevity isn't exactly thanks to their loyalty, steadfastness and fighting abilities. But I think it's unfair to single them out in this one. Whenever I read these forums, I always see several people who are now in pro-NPO alliances, but once fancied themselves as brave fighters against teh evil imperializms. Often, this even goes for their alliances as a whole.

I suppose if these new Legionnaires want to honour the legacy of their incompetent ancestors, more power to them, they're not the only ones. Happy birthday! :)

Whenever I read these forums, I always see several people who are now in pro-NPO alliances, but once fancied themselves as brave fighters against teh evil imperializms.

Yes its very much in vogue :D

EDIT: Forgot :wub: Orrple bit ;)

Edited by Cataduanes