CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cent said the standard was 4-5 days, when I asked him. But I would've made a post anyway, because it's less the matter that I want Mara to know when I'll request the auto, it is that I want her to know that I will request an auto if she doesn't move within reasonable timeframes.

Also Mara, you started the violence by destroying my barricades. Then you started the serious conflict when you started shooting highly lethal ammunition at my troops. You even were the person that started protesting in the first place, so... I can't say I'm the one escalating it. And I'd actually laugh if you were the first to throw a nuke.

I don't have a nuke, you overweening twit. You started the conflict when you began to shoot at my protesters, and to gas them...

Landlines, MGL.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out why you guys don't even open communications with the brigade before just shooting. You don't know who they are or why they are there. Yes, it's a huge armed force... but you still don't know who they are. Even US forces would hail them once before going full on "Fuck You" on something that size.

A massive force tearing through Mississippi, confirmed not to be from anyone from the HBF or Faraway as well as any major foreign powers that, most probably, would have publicly declared such a movement.  Plus with visual identification from drones and ground teams I can probably tell they aren't from any known national military.  My goal is to take it out as quick as possible with as little warning as possible in order to inflict as many casualties as possible as well as disrupting your ability to fight back before you are able to prepare yourself.  Anyway, regardless of what you think I "should" be doing this is what I have done so I feel we ought to proceed as is.

Edited by MostGloriousLeader

That's...

not going to happen. That's also the psychotic thing to do. Also, you never did enough prior reconnaissance to know who they are with, and if you were to send them a goddamned hail you'd know that they were the RAS' military training cadre, en route to the nation. They'd probably be perfectly willing to stand down their weapons and wait for clearance to pass through.

That's...

not going to happen. That's also the psychotic thing to do. Also, you never did enough prior reconnaissance to know who they are with, and if you were to send them a goddamned hail you'd know that they were the RAS' military training cadre, en route to the nation. They'd probably be perfectly willing to stand down their weapons and wait for clearance to pass through.

Psychotic in my CNRP? Oh wait.. psycho is the norm.

That's...

For me, that'd be just even more of a reason to bomb it. Non-states need no military and the RAS is not yet a state. But that applies to any non-state-afiliated actor with military forces for Faraway policy.

As the person working in communications,  landlines can easily be taken down, simply through software programming.  The tone you hear on one's phone is a software verification done physically on a computer to a nearby switch.  Although, depending on the setup of the network, external access can be authorized to edit the switch via larger trunk lines, usually an administrative level thing.

EDIT:  I could expand it more, but if you have no personal experience with what a telephone switch looks like and the software associated with it, it's kind of difficult to explain.  And yes, cell phones piggyback on the main landline networks, if that question was bound to appear.  I will have to say this though, if you don't control your own communications infrastructure, your options to bypass jamming/disabling is relatively limited. 

Edited by Tanis777

Just gonna leave this here.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/08/17658147-navy-unveils-powerful-ship-mounted-laser-weapon?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Now people in the 2013/2014 tech year range have access to ship-mounted laser weapons that can take the role of a CIWS.

A defense official also stressed that the laser will not have full capability to take down a larger target for a decade or so.

Second-last paragraph. I guess that's what TBM meant. and honestly, it cannot take down a missile now, that was stated, I doubt 2020's tech is unreasonable to ask for.

I think all of you are severely underestimating how effective this is. Point defense is very close in. Against a sunburn AshM that you have a minutes notice to target and orient and is traveling super sonic, it is still not going to do much against more than 1 or 2 coming in at a time.