CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1323728183' post='2875669']
So you're just going to go around shanking people?
[/quote]

Im sorry I should have provided more information. I meant in that she is out to learn about the world, to gain knowledge and one day kill Daala and take her place. Also she isn't like Vader or Maul where they go round killing everyone she is more about manipulating people and events though as a first RP it would be more about her learning about the world as she only knows about The Imperium right now.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1323792907' post='2876623']
Im sorry I should have provided more information. I meant in that she is out to learn about the world, to gain knowledge and one day kill Daala and take her place. Also she isn't like Vader or Maul where they go round killing everyone she is more about manipulating people and events though as a first RP it would be more about her learning about the world as she only knows about The Imperium right now.
[/quote]

I have a Commodore who looks like Daala.

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1323792957' post='2876626']
I have a Commodore who looks like Daala.
[/quote]

Hmm I hadn't decided whether or not to use her picture and her description however, if you already have someone who looks like her then is it okay with you if I just use her name?

People REALLY need to learn how much stuff costs. Reeki, if you're selling tanks and artillery pieces at the same price as a sedan, and your modern assault rifles at the same price as an old Mosin on the internet (yes, I've been looking) either your company hates money or the things are made of paper mache.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1323792907' post='2876623']
[/quote]
Oh sure, manipulate people in the stupid country. :mad: Anyways, I don't really go for the whole non-canon fantasy stuff.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1323711428' post='2875328']
Cool Cool. I have no idea what I would do with Papua, seeing as 99% of my nation's interactions are within Northern and Central Asia, but we can figure something out.
[/quote]
We'll probably be doing something in your country.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1323796844' post='2876693']
People REALLY need to learn how much stuff costs. Reeki, if you're selling tanks and artillery pieces at the same price as a sedan, either your company hates money or the things are made of paper mache.[/quote]
*Cries at a logical voice*

I love you, little Mikhail~ Let Big Sister hug you!

People REALLY need to learn how much stuff costs. Reeki, if you're selling tanks and artillery pieces at the same price as a sedan, and your modern assault rifles at the same price as an old Mosin on the internet (yes, I've been looking) either your company hates money or the things are made of paper mache.

Oh sure, manipulate people in the stupid country. :mad: Anyways, I don't really go for the whole non-canon fantasy stuff.
[/quote]

Um I am messing this up horribly sorry. It would be fully canon, she has no force powers or anything like the sort she is just a very skilled woman who has military training but prefers to manipulate her enemies rather than fight them head on but as I said I am more looking for a RP to introduce her and I wouldn't care at all if there was no fighting conflict.

To be honest I just wish to join an RP with her and practice my writing at the same time.

People REALLY need to learn how much stuff costs. Reeki, if you're selling tanks and artillery pieces at the same price as a sedan, and your modern assault rifles at the same price as an old Mosin on the internet (yes, I've been looking) either your company hates money or the things are made of paper mache.[/quote]

Cheap junk is cheap.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1323797075' post='2876697']
We'll probably be doing something in your country.
[/quote]
Neat, now we'll just have to think of what. I'll be coming back on IRC for the duration of winter break, so we can go over stuff then.

[quote]
*Cries at a logical voice*

I love you, little Mikhail~ Let Big Sister hug you!
[/quote]
Hugz! :awesome:

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1323797237' post='2876700']
Um I am messing this up horribly sorry. It would be fully canon, she has no force powers or anything like the sort she is just a very skilled woman who has military training but prefers to manipulate her enemies rather than fight them head on but as I said I am more looking for a RP to introduce her and I wouldn't care at all if there was no fighting conflict.

To be honest I just wish to join an RP with her and practice my writing at the same time.
[/quote]
Oh sure, manipulate the people in the stupid country. :mad:

But yeah, if you want to do stuff without being seen, I recommend you go to Pyotrgrad. The police aren't very strong there.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1323797825' post='2876715']
Valmet M76s are basically improved AKs, and everyone and their brother makes MG3s. Plus, I can sell my stuff at whatever price I like, the prices are set by the state after all.

Also, inb4 "economy doesn't matter"
[/quote]
We probably should make economy matter a little. Plus, with prices that low, that just gives everyone else something to use against you. "When a tank costs as much as a car, there must be something seriously wrong with it."

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1323793478' post='2876636']
Hmm I hadn't decided whether or not to use her picture and her description however, if you already have someone who looks like her then is it okay with you if I just use her name?
[/quote]

You could use the picture, I wouldn't care. I just found it humorous :P

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1323798106' post='2876718']
We probably should make economy matter a little. Plus, with prices that low, that just gives everyone else something to use against you. "When a tank costs as much as a car, there must be something seriously wrong with it."
[/quote]
It's literally a T-54 with two AA guns slapped onto it. Any two-bit nation can make it themselves.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1323798106' post='2876718']
[/quote]
Well, Vicidalia sells Berthier rifles for prices were you'd else only get the ammunition for. Serfs really decrease the cost a lot.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1323803142' post='2876794']
It's literally a T-54 with two AA guns slapped onto it. Any two-bit nation can make it themselves.
[/quote]

Of course, but if it costs the same as a sedan one would expect it to protect like a sedan. In 1947, a T-54 cost [url="http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Tanks/Russian_T-54.htm"]326,000 Rubles[/url]. Adjusted for inflation, that's equivalent to to [url="http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=326%2C000+1947+Rubles+in+2010+US+dollars"]19.88 million 2010 US dollars[/url] (15.22 million euros), or several times more than an Abrams. No doubt the tank could be made for much cheaper with modern manufacturing, but it would still cost much more than 40,000 euros.

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1323811284' post='2876915']
Of course, but if it costs the same as a sedan one would expect it to protect like a sedan. In 1947, a T-54 cost [url="http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Tanks/Russian_T-54.htm"]326,000 Rubles[/url]. Adjusted for inflation, that's equivalent to to [url="http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=326%2C000+1947+Rubles+in+2010+US+dollars"]19.88 million 2010 US dollars[/url] (15.22 million euros), or several times more than an Abrams. No doubt the tank could be made for much cheaper with modern manufacturing, but it would still cost much more than 40,000 euros.
[/quote]
Well, I think against modern AT-weaponry, it will protect like a Sedan.

Though, I decided not to buy them, not because of the price, but rather because its combat value against other tanks and AT-weapons isn't much as I perceived it. It also had not the best AA and I doubted its capability to handle something like a Dassault Rafale. In the end, my country may not be the best suited for tank warfare.

Doubt a T-54 would give the same protection as a Toyota Camry. I suspect the average joe would be safer in a Toyota than any clunky piece of junk Wilding's nation produces. For that matter, I'm going to make a very informed statement based upon my mastery of "Because I said so" that a person would be safer riding a moped into battle than a T-54.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1323793478' post='2876636']
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79872&view=findpost&p=2153547"]No you[/url] [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84030&view=findpost&p=2309158"]may not![/url] Neither of you! :smug:

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1323880252' post='2877837']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79872&view=findpost&p=2153547"]No you[/url] [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84030&view=findpost&p=2309158"]may not![/url] Neither of you! :smug:
[/quote]

I say, three way duel.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1323885803' post='2877888']
Find someone else to make fun of. Your "lol wilding sucks" routine is getting boring.
[/quote]
We keep doing it because you refuse to admit that your country does suck. Nobody makes fun of me because I openly admit that my country is a backwards, third world, turnip-fueled dystopia.

[quote name='LBT88' timestamp='1323925565' post='2878473']
Would it be wrong if I intercepted ishabad's force heading toward the Northern Federation?
[/quote]

Well like Zoot, you'd need a reason to be in the area to do so. Otherwise, sure: he made a public announcement about sending the troops.

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1323931359' post='2878626']
Well like Zoot, you'd need a reason to be in the area to do so. Otherwise, sure: he made a public announcement about sending the troops.
[/quote]

LB just happens to have the Nation in the mouth of the Hudson bay. So no, he does not need a reason good sir.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1323961832' post='2878863']
I know not everyone likes ishabad.

But that's not a reason to block him at every chance.

Someone nearby him take him under their wing and show him the ropes.

Constantly saying "you can't do that" and killing his soldiers is not the way to do that.
[/quote]

He's not new and many have tried.