CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Last but not the least attach electric heaters to all your barb wires and arrange a few pans and tarantulas to drop on the invaders. I mean the probability of at least some of the invading soldiers being possessed of Arachnophobia ought to be exploited, right? Also add a few scary clowns for extra effect.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='06 July 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1278457280' post='2361665']
Random question: is it safe to open a civilian helicopter's door during flight?
[/quote]
Also, is it possible to shoot from an open door without destabilizing the helicopter? I need some of the information for a RP.

Judging by the movies I would say yes. :P

But really, I think it would be fine.

If this is the kind of helicopter you mena then I believe it would be possible:

[img]http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/Aircraft/Helicopters/Civilian/HueyAndMountain.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='06 July 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1278397564' post='2360922']
Damn, if only Tahoe knew how much of a cake walk sending an invading army over the Canadian Rockies would be before you lined it with bear traps. !@#$, they could have just placed artillery all over those mountain tops and be lobbing shells halfway to Saskatoon as I type this.
[/quote]
If they can camp artillery on mountains, so can I. It would be artillery VS artillery.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='06 July 2010 - 07:09 AM' timestamp='1278418131' post='2361039']
Bear traps... honestly this isn't Home Alone man.
[/quote]
I suppose you can saw or shoot a bear trap off someone's leg, until you hit an explosive layer that was sandwiched between the two metal strips. You, the snared buddy, and anyone else nearby would get a face-full of shrapnel.

Besides, aren't bear traps are cheaper than landmines?

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='06 July 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1278459826' post='2361742']
Yeah, that helicopter is similar to the one I'm planning on using. Thanks Fizzy. :)

Another question - would it be possible to clog a military aircraft's engines by using small, synthetic objects?
[/quote]
Birds can screw up jet engines' intake fans. I am assuming the objects you want to use would work, or you can unleash a flock of pigeons (or Canadian Geese, the bigger the better) and watch aircraft being forced to make emergency landings or crash.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' date='06 July 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1278460417' post='2361752']
Birds can screw up jet engines' intake fans. I am assuming the objects you want to use would work, or you can unleash a flock of pigeons (or Canadian Geese, the bigger the better) and watch aircraft being forced to make emergency landings or crash.
[/quote]

I wasn't thinking about birds, I was thinking of things like weather balloons.

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='06 July 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1278461034' post='2361770']
I wasn't thinking about birds, I was thinking of things like weather balloons.
[/quote]
You would need something to jam the intake fans such as chunks of metal or something hard. Flimsy plastic isn't going to cut it.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='06 July 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1278461787' post='2361797']
You would need something to jam the intake fans such as chunks of metal or something hard. Flimsy plastic isn't going to cut it.
[/quote]
Use more balloons then? Alternatively, each balloon can be filled with something combustible and explode upon contact with aircraft.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='06 July 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1278467210' post='2361940']
What's wrong with good old fashioned AA?
[/quote]

^ This. If you can hit a plane with a weather balloon or sand, why not hit it with a [u]missile[/u]?

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='06 July 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1278467489' post='2361952']
Use more balloons then? Alternatively, each balloon can be filled with something combustible and explode upon contact with aircraft.
[/quote]
More balloons loaded with metal beams (I like to see an intake fan try to chop a 1 cm thick steel beam). Explosive balloons would also work.

You should have them painted to match the surrounding sky (if it is clear, then paint them sky blue, if stormy, then paint the balloons grayish color) to make it harder to spot.

Camouflaged hydrogen balloons loaded with intake fan jamming stuff=disaster for the aircraft=more fun for the terrorists

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='06 July 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1278467656' post='2361959']
I think it has to do with the terrorist thingy he is doing.

Which makes me wonder why he doesn't have bombs tied to the balloons. :3
[/quote]

Correct. My terrorists can't just waltz into my command centre and launch missiles, you know. :P I've thought about having bombs tied to weather balloons, so I'll most likely use those too.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='06 July 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1278471347' post='2362027']
More balloons loaded with metal beams (I like to see an intake fan try to chop a 1 cm thick steel beam). Explosive balloons would also work.

You should have them painted to match the surrounding sky (if it is clear, then paint them sky blue, if stormy, then paint the balloons grayish color) to make it harder to spot.

Camouflaged hydrogen balloons loaded with intake fan jamming stuff=disaster for the aircraft=more fun for the terrorists
[/quote]

Splendid, though I originally wanted red weather balloons as a reference to [i]99 Red Balloons[/i]. :P Thank you, HHAYD.

Edited by Pikachurin

[quote name='Vedran' date='06 July 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1278454595' post='2361573']
Think we might be overdoing it a little?
[/quote]
Nope...

And last but not least, if all esle fails, befriend an old guy to hit them over the head with a shovel when they think they have finally caught you...

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='06 July 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1278467489' post='2361952']
[/quote]
[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='06 July 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1278477343' post='2362112']
If you are trying to shoot down civilian airliners I'd recommend you pick up a nice blackmarket Manpad. Filling and deploying a bunch of balloons gives you no real accuracy.
[/quote]
True...but it would be an :awesome: airborn analogue to depth charges...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Hiya guys. Just posting here to apologize to Sargun, Lyn, EM, and Shadow for not posting in our diplo threads yet. Been busy/tired as last week was my final week of my summer intensive (just did the exam today), and my mom's currently in the hospital (nothing major, she had some surgery yesterday and is recovering, so I'll be visiting for awhile and such).

Sorry for the DP, however, thankfully my mom got released early on Friday (yay), but my graphics card [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87388&pid=2366844&st=60&#entry2366844"]kicked the bucket tonight[/url]. ><