CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

1. My timeline is the 3month = 1 year :P

2. True. I concede that point, however it is a trust thing ICly with my leader. :P

3. North Korea and South Korea signed an armistice. That's the closest thing to a NAP in the real world. Iran, we have tensions with and have attempted embargoes on. Russia...well most Americans know how we kept each other in check.

Logically, if you knew you could get away with it, you'd do it.

But would your people think that mine think we'd get away with it? Why would your people think that, if mine surrendered so quickly to yours? If my guys risked war?

Why would my people risk more war and possible destruction? It makes no sense, does it?

to 1.: I switch between 1 RLmonth=6 months to 1 RLmonth = 3 years, any anything inbetween, depending on what I need. I have no real scale. :V

Also, really gone now. lol.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would your people think that mine think we'd get away with it? Why would your people think that, if mine surrendered so quickly to yours? If my guys risked war?

Why would my people risk more war and possible destruction? It makes no sense, does it?

to 1.: I switch between 1 RLmonth=6 months to 1 RLmonth = 3 years, any anything inbetween, depending on what I need. I have no real scale. :V

Also, really gone now. lol.

Be consistent on the timeline dude. :P

A nation as strong as yours ICly, logically we'd assume you would attempt something ICly while under the terms stated.

A nation as strong as yours ICly, logically we'd assume you would attempt something ICly while under the terms stated.

No, it isn't.

There is not a single thing to suggest that Lynneth's people lost their power when they signed it. The only reason it was even put up is because EU members read it. In fact, the very first response to his RP was an EU member saying that he would be doing a loophole attempt, in out of character. The EU would not have put the change up saying that he needed to re-sign if they did not read that classified post.

As Lavo said himself, the change in the country happened after they signed. That means that to everybody else but the internal secrets of Lynneth's government, the Emperor/Chancellor were still in power. There was no indication during or after the major shift that they lost their power except the OOC knowledge that the EU had.

Also, when major government shifts happen - regardless of the strength of the country involve - all treaties in CNRP have historically been kept unless specified.

Finally, why did you not include a clause beforehand stating that if there is a major government or regime change in either an A) general time or B) specific time that the pact would still need to be upheld? Because you did not have OOC information at the time. You only did it after you read Lynneth's classified post and put up another announcement.

Edited by Sargun

Be consistent on the timeline dude. :P

Quick statement: The limit to the time scale was 1 IC year to 1 RL month... Or at least was at some point, and should be; largely to stop abuse, which is certainly possible with 3 years in one month, which is way, way too fast.

My scale really depends on the RP I'm doing. Some take longer, others take less long. I may take weeks of RPing to finish serious things such as genetic shenanigans, while building laboratories or the like really can go a bit faster. I know that it's strange to change the scale, but I don't do it all the time. Most of my RPs use the same scale, unless I need to have something happen more quickly, such as the government change.

Also, Voodoo: What Sargun said would've probably been my argument today, had he not done it first. :V

No, it isn't.

There is not a single thing to suggest that Lynneth's people lost their power when they signed it. The only reason it was even put up is because EU members read it. In fact, the very first response to his RP was an EU member saying that he would be doing a loophole attempt, in out of character. The EU would not have put the change up saying that he needed to re-sign if they did not read that classified post.

As Lavo said himself, the change in the country happened after they signed. That means that to everybody else but the internal secrets of Lynneth's government, the Emperor/Chancellor were still in power. There was no indication during or after the major shift that they lost their power except the OOC knowledge that the EU had.

Also, when major government shifts happen - regardless of the strength of the country involve - all treaties in CNRP have historically been kept unless specified.

Finally, why did you not include a clause beforehand stating that if there is a major government or regime change in either an A) general time or B) specific time that the pact would still need to be upheld? Because you did not have OOC information at the time. You only did it after you read Lynneth's classified post and put up another announcement.

I have read Lynneth's news thread, and here is what I think.

This announcement shows that Lynneth had switched governments to survive in the past. Since it was the EU that had been part of that war, they would be suspicious of any successor states to Austria/HRE.

Edited by Governor General

This announcement shows that Lynneth had switched governments to survive in the past. Since it was the EU that had been part of that war, they would be suspicious of any successor states to Austria/HRE.

That was not actually a government change. The same people were still in charge.

Really, it's simple. If Lynneth's new governemnt says they'll keep their treaties in a new announcement from the government, then chances are they'll keep the treaties. Lynneth's people aren't idiots. Why in the world would they risk getting steamrolled into oblivion if they can keep doing what they've been doing by keeping the treaties, albeit with a new government style?

When the same people in charge do not keep their agreements, would you expect different people to do the same? Think of Germany in the 1930s.

Two issues wrong with that--the OLD issue you brought up didn't involve a government change. This did.

And this goverment explicitly stated they would be co-operating, not reneging on the agreement.

What does 1930's Germany have to do with that?

Back when I was Canada, I once attacked Martens. I got overwhelmed by too many people participating on the wrong side and ended the war by 'rerolling' my government, deposing of the leader.

I then went on to become one of the most respectable nations at the time.

So just because I change government doesn't mean that I'll be a dishonourable retard. I RP to wherever RP takes me, and if it's war, so be it. If it's being the most peaceful nation at the time, so be it.

I don't plan details like this.

Edit: And what the hell does 1930s Germany have to do with me?

Edited by Lynneth

Dude that wasn't a switch nor a trick to survive just a normal surrender. Completely different situations. This is a government change post-war WITH the intent to keep a treaty.

Todays question:

Supernatural events?

So I'm likely not the only one to notice, but we currently have several zombie RPs, several gods talking through dreams/interconnected voices in heads, super ultra powerful genetics enhanced soldiers, and now apparently some form of shared spontaneous werewolf syndrome going on.

Todays question:

Supernatural events?

So I'm likely not the only one to notice, but we currently have several zombie RPs, several gods talking through dreams/interconnected voices in heads, super ultra powerful genetics enhanced soldiers, and now apparently some form of shared spontaneous werewolf syndrome going on.

Arn't those all in CNRPH?

Super-soldiers, werewolves, zombies, etc. etc. have been allowed as long as all they don't have any real effect on what goes on. I believe that as long as all parties involved agree ahead of time on what happens there isn't a problem.

Edited by Sargun

Super-soldiers, werewolves, zombies, etc. etc. have been allowed as long as all they don't have any real effect on what goes on. I believe that as long as all parties involved agree ahead of time on what happens there isn't a problem.

I see it as mostly "non-canon" in CNRP's actual events. So in essence, don't really care until I choose to do that sort of RP.

I see it as mostly "non-canon" in CNRP's actual events. So in essence, don't really care until I choose to do that sort of RP.

Essentially the same thing... :P

Anyway, Sargun's right. As long as it's completely consentual to all parties affected, there's nothing wrong with it.

Somebody please tell MacArthur22 that he owns no land. He is ignoring me.

He won't bloody listen to anyone and regardless of how much I like having new RPers, he doesn't seem to get that.

As for all the zombie, werewolf, Magic, stuff, yeah, not a huge fan of it, but so long as it isn't used in military, and isn't TOO over the top influential, I could care less.

A question on spy rolls.

Lets say i have 70% chance success on spying on target A and I succeed. What actions am I allowed to take against A?

Also, if my roll fails, is there any penalty applied to me? Will my spy's nationality be known and will I be identified?

Far as I can tell, there's no penalty for failed spy rolls.

Successful rolls get you into the nation and get some basic information about obtaining your goal. After that it's all RP. Make a mistake, and the roll means nothing.