CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1285344684' post='2463383']
Unless corresponding with in-game development CNRP research occurs over several days or months in real time, or at least over the course of thread(s). While the limit is both arbitrary and vague it seems at the very least multiple posts over an undefined period of time are necessary for R&D.

Players who are not in-depth about research usually post percentiles of R&D development in an ongoing news thread
[b]Example of CNRP R&D Without Depth[/b]
Project Awesome 0% Completed
Project Awesome 4% Completed
Project Awesome 10% Completed
Project Awesome 14% Completed

It's community consensus, implemented to prevent rapid over development of technology concerning "future tech"CNRP is full of arbitrary nonsense, we all have to deal with it until ruled or voted otherwise
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I categorically refuse to make such silly and inane posts that border on spam. If someone takes enough effort to make something seem plausible, and within reason, I'd accept it, but again, not a race of anti-tank wargs or goblin warriors.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1285351085' post='2463440']
Actually, it was a ruling that you can only have one of the thing by the time the creation is perfected. New species? No. One non-human charcater with plenty of Rp to back it up? yes.

This was a [color="#ff0000"][b]MOD[/b] [/color]ruling, not a GM one.
[/quote]

Err... wasn't referring to entire species bro. To be frank if I had unlimited power, I'd ban every single manifestation of the urge some people seem to have to make anime or furries/scalies come to life.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285365456' post='2463621']
I am Legend.

Good movie.

And yes, if we're not careful it could very well end up that way. The book I started writing a long time ago that Karnell is based on ends with the extermination of humanity by its designed successors.
[/quote]

Terrible movie, absolutely terrible. Does the novel no justice at all.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1285371688' post='2463694']
You heard wrong.
[/quote]

Tell that to Comrade's lesbian Monarch, her girl friend, all of his generals etc etc... gunned down in quite possibly one of the most spiteful posts ive ever seen on these boards.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1285385416' post='2463887']
Tell that to Comrade's lesbian Monarch, her girl friend, all of his generals etc etc... gunned down in quite possibly one of the most spiteful posts ive ever seen on these boards.
[/quote]
They were still technically in a risky situation. Planes are dangerous you know. :3

[i]I Am Legend[/i] missed the point of the original movie, just like [i]Pearl Harbor[/i] missed the point of remembering the RL event of Pearl Harbor.

on a related note, this funky DJ doesn't believe that any form of animu/furry nonsense should be allowed. It's only plausible in the twisted imaginations of awkward teenagers who wear fox-tails and ears to school

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1285388013' post='2463914']
I agree with Sal and the funky man. Dragons? Come on, if you want to RP a dragon, go back to proboards. This isn't the place for that. I know it's within the rules, but it completely ruins the atmosphere of maturity when !@#$ like that walks in.
[/quote]
But you're a child for disagreeing! Stop bawwwing and join us in the new age of CNRP! May I interest you in a man-pot hybrid? Perhaps some kind of half-woman, half-platypus leader?

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1285388101' post='2463915']
ohh hahahhahahahaa ahahahahahhaahah ahahahahaha lol, giggles.. right.. gotcha son..
[/quote]

And you're one to talk? Half of your posts are !@#$%*ing at everything that happens, just like everyone else.

And Uber, if CNRP is turning into a furry RP, then I don't want any part of it.

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1285388753' post='2463923']
And you're one to talk? Half of your posts are !@#$%*ing at everything that happens, just like everyone else.

And Uber, if CNRP is turning into a furry RP, then I don't want any part of it.
[/quote]
Dragons are technically "scaly", not furry. :P

I agree with Sal and the funky man. Dragons? Come on, if you want to RP a dragon, go back to proboards. This isn't the place for that. I know it's within the rules, but it completely ruins the atmosphere of maturity when !@#$ like that walks in.
[/quote]
I find myself in agreement here. Regardless of what may be against or within the rules, having dragons and unicorns in a nation roleplay seems nonsensical at best.

As I have said much in the past, Rawrg. Mael's dragon man is completely, utterly impossible, in every possible way imaginable. I personally am [i]for[/i] bending the rules slightly if everything is being RPed out because it does, in fact, add some flavor to the RP around here, that has, in my opinion, been rapidly declining in quality of late.

I do, however, draw the line at this whole resurrection, and frankly, at a lot of the religious stuff Mael has been doing. I admit, a lot of people take advantage of the rules to get characters out of bad situations, however, this is taking it a bit too far. Mael killed his character, and in my opinion, he should have had the foresight to realize he'd regret the decision. Now this has all turned into one big whining fit, no one is taking it well, and it's getting on the edge of absurd (Alright, we fell off the edge ages ago, but we're getting worse and worse). I don't think Mael should get ICMael back, he killed the character, tough luck, stop complaining about it, and make a serious argument.

On a few other note:
Mael, you have no right to compare anyone to LVN as you reply to an argument with "Keep Crying, I'm not listening."

To everyone, [i]I am Legend[/i] was mediocre at best, it did completely miss the point, and the end was tripe, not even good tripe. It was like someone took raw suet and called it tripe to sell it at a higher price.

To Generalissimo and Sal, yes, time in CNRP is a face on the water, constantly moving, never quite the same, generally you can just pop up and say you have something, no start of production at all, it only becomes an issue when someone wars you, and whines about it. I generally feel it's better to RP more than that, but every time I bring it up, someone whines about how they should be able to RP whatever they want, which led to this problem here, sooooo... yah.

To Various People, the Mod rulings don't appear to really back up what you're saying. It never says you can't make a new species, it really just says that, in the case of Mael, or let's even broaden it and say humanoids in general, must remain mostly human if they are going to be treated as part of CNRP canon. It does not cover everything possibly involved here, nor does it ban things like, for instance, Sal's unicorns, just "people."

To everyone, [b](If you're going to read anything here, please read this)[/b] can we just establish some sort of sub-canon, an optionally accepted view of CNRP goings on wherein stuff like genetic engineering, robots, AIs, long range space travel, and the like are allowed, and based on CNRP, but not part of the full on community? That way, we can just nip this, and other, similar problems, in the bud right now. Make something where you still follow the CNRP map, but take a bit of liberty with what is modern science, so long as you recognize that not everyone will accept it as "real" canon.

PS, This is easily the silliest argument I've seen in CNRP.

[quote name='Il Terra Di Agea' timestamp='1285390185' post='2463950']
As I have said much in the past, Rawrg. Mael's dragon man is completely, utterly impossible, in every possible way imaginable. I personally am [i]for[/i] bending the rules slightly if everything is being RPed out because it does, in fact, add some flavor to the RP around here, that has, in my opinion, been rapidly declining in quality of late.

I do, however, draw the line at this whole resurrection, and frankly, at a lot of the religious stuff Mael has been doing. I admit, a lot of people take advantage of the rules to get characters out of bad situations, however, this is taking it a bit too far. Mael killed his character, and in my opinion, he should have had the foresight to realize he'd regret the decision. Now this has all turned into one big whining fit, no one is taking it well, and it's getting on the edge of absurd (Alright, we fell off the edge ages ago, but we're getting worse and worse). I don't think Mael should get ICMael back, he killed the character, tough luck, stop complaining about it, and make a serious argument.

On a few other note:
Mael, you have no right to compare anyone to LVN as you reply to an argument with "Keep Crying, I'm not listening."

To everyone, [i]I am Legend[/i] was mediocre at best, it did completely miss the point, and the end was tripe, not even good tripe. It was like someone took raw suet and called it tripe to sell it at a higher price.

To Generalissimo and Sal, yes, time in CNRP is a face on the water, constantly moving, never quite the same, generally you can just pop up and say you have something, no start of production at all, it only becomes an issue when someone wars you, and whines about it. I generally feel it's better to RP more than that, but every time I bring it up, someone whines about how they should be able to RP whatever they want, which led to this problem here, sooooo... yah.

To Various People, the Mod rulings don't appear to really back up what you're saying. It never says you can't make a new species, it really just says that, in the case of Mael, or let's even broaden it and say humanoids in general, must remain mostly human if they are going to be treated as part of CNRP canon. It does not cover everything possibly involved here, nor does it ban things like, for instance, Sal's unicorns, just "people."

To everyone, [b](If you're going to read anything here, please read this)[/b] can we just establish some sort of sub-canon, an optionally accepted view of CNRP goings on wherein stuff like genetic engineering, robots, AIs, long range space travel, and the like are allowed, and based on CNRP, but not part of the full on community? That way, we can just nip this, and other, similar problems, in the bud right now. Make something where you still follow the CNRP map, but take a bit of liberty with what is modern science, so long as you recognize that not everyone will accept it as "real" canon.

[/quote]

Why did you step down as GM? Srsly, you're probably one of the most sane people in CNRP.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285379839' post='2463800']
You're acting just like someone we once knew around these boards as Leventnoir. The fact is, I don't have the time to deal with every [b]child[/b] with a complaint.[/quote]

All you've managed to contribute so far is "I don't care; you're all bawwing; neener neener," while the rest of us children have been engaging in such childish pursuits as stating and arguing our positions. Until now no one has yet to personally insult another poster. I guess that's an activity reserved for adults like yourself.

I guess we've all learned a valuable lesson here.

Insulting people: mature
Debating: childish
Playing with dragons: mature

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1285372230' post='2463701']

No, I will not deal with it. I will argue against it. Maybe the rest of you should try actually making real arguments too. Why is that all counter-posts are little more than "that's just the way it is", "I'm right you're wrong" or "deal with it."? [b]It's because none of you have any reasoning behind any of your opinions and so you resort to this sort of intellectually thuggery as reflex. Yes, the rules may be against me, as stupid as they are, but every time you attempt to silence debate with "deal with it" or Mael's "you're all bawwwing" you betray the shallowness of your thought and prove to me over again that I'm right, not to mention smart and handsome.[/b] :smug:
[/quote]

Insults followed by arrogance. Angel you are not. Thugs, shallow.. yeah. Nice try. Perhaps if you weren't insulting you'd not get insulted. I call them as I see them and you are making yourself quite visible. If you find it insulting to be a child and wish not be treated like one.. don't act like one.

[/quote]

It's not even a dragon it's a gene construct. See my avatar for what I'm playing as that's the closest image I can get that even comes close to what I've descirbed. That is clearly not a dragon. It's a very vicious looking humanoid. Mind you, I've updated to tails and wings from last time... but that's still not a dragon. Is it meant to be dragon-like? You betcha.. closest to the heraldry of the country as I can get.

[quote name='Il Terra Di Agea' timestamp='1285390185' post='2463950']

On a few other note:

[/quote]

Another case of the person not even reading the RP to respond properly. There is no resurrection of the dead going on here. Go back and actually read the RP, then you may comment and have it considered.

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1285390423' post='2463956']
Why did you step down as GM? Srsly, you're probably one of the most sane people in CNRP.
[/quote]

The above is why. He doesn't even read the RP before he comments thus proving he already has preset decisions on how to react to each player instead of to the situation. In other words, he's nowhere close to having an unbiased opinion or he assumes more than he reads.. one of the two.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285391966' post='2463990']
Insults followed by arrogance. Angel you are not. Thugs, shallow.. yeah. Nice try. Perhaps if you weren't insulting you'd not get insulted. I call them as I see them and you are making yourself quite visible. If you find it insulting to be a child.. don't act like one.[/quote]

You quoted me attacking arguments and claimed I was insulting people. Making the distinction between the two is an important step in debating skills development.

[quote][color="#FF0000"]betray[/color] the [color="#00FF00"]shallowness[/color] of [b]your thought[/b][/quote]
[quote][b]you[/b] [color="#FF0000"]resort to[/color] this sort of intellectually [color="#00FF00"]thuggery[/color][/quote]

I guess I'm the argument then? Try a third time?

"Your thought" and "you" are not an arguments. They are nouns of possession. One indicates identity, the other indicates personal mental processes. You're attacking my thinking. You are demeaning me, or whoever you were responding to at the time if not both of us, directly. Being the master of words you are, I thought you'd recognize this verbiage as insulting and hostile.

I am done with this discussion. I am not ignorant enough to miss your passive insults.

Sutble asked me to request you respond to his last post. For ease of location, I've quoted it. However, I won't be saying anything more.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1285378955' post='2463792']
Who are you to buck the system you were allowed to play in to begin with? :P

The reason for nunhuman species being banned is simple...because if you l et one in...what's to stop a torrent of others in? Here's an example from earlier. Before any ruling was handed down, We had a race of dwarves, someoneas elves...but then Maelstron began his first RPs--as a nation of DRAGONS. Not Dragon-like, but honest-to-god, flying, firebreathing, telepathic dragons. A blanket ban was issued (by MODS) to prevent such abuse from happening again, only modified later to allow ONE human modifed with animal traits per player.
[/quote]

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285393871' post='2464030']
I guess I'm the argument then? Try a third time?

"Your thought" and "you" are not an arguments. They are nouns of possession. One indicates identity, the other indicates personal mental processes. You're attacking my thinking. You are demeaning me [b]directly[/b]. Being the master of words you are, I thought you'd recognize this verbiage as insulting and hostile.

I am done with this discussion. I am not ignorant enough to miss your [b]passive[/b] insults.[/quote]

Wait how am I doing it? Passively or directly? What did you call this on IRC? English 101? Right. Usually the 101 indicates a college level course. No one past junior high should be calling "you" a noun of possession, or using that phrase for that matter. And if I went to one of my linguistics professors and told him "hey, did you know 'your argument is bad' is the semantic equivalent of 'you are bad'?" He'd cry laughing, think about it, wonder if it was some kind of post-modernist joke, then kick me out of the department.

Since you have attacked my English, I'll correct you. You can be possessive and nominative (assigning of possession of the verb and or adjective's actions/traits).

[quote]
you
   /yu; unstressed yʊ, yə/ Show Spelled [yoo; unstressed yoo, yuh] Show IPA pronoun, [b]possessive your[/b] or yours, objective you, plural you; noun, plural yous.
–pronoun
the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the [b]nominative[/b] or objective case: [/quote]

[quote]

nom·i·na·tive
   /ˈnɒmənətɪv, ˈnɒmnə- or, for 2, 3, ˈnɒməˌneɪtɪv/ Show Spelled[nom-uh-nuh-tiv, nom-nuh- or, for 2, 3, nom-uh-ney-tiv] Show IPA
–adjective
Grammar .
a.
(in certain inflected languages, as sanskrit, Latin, and Russian) [b]noting a case having as its function the indication of the subject of a finite verb[/b], as in Latin Nauta bonus est “The sailor is good,” with nauta “sailor” in the nominative case.
b.
similar to such a case in function or meaning.
[b]nominated; appointed by nomination. [/b]
[/quote]

By using an nominative you are automatically assigning the property of the verb and associated adjectives to that nominative. I'm sure you knew this though. In this case you were nominating the identities you were insulting, not arguments. Otherwise you might have addressed the arguments and not the noun "you".

Sal Paradise, it is my better judgment we ignore each other. That said, I am placing you on forum and irc ignore because of our patterns of interaction. That should save this community an immense headache. We simply shall not interact.

Should save us one as well.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285399269' post='2464111']
Sal Paradise, it is my better judgment we ignore each other. That said, I am placing you on forum and irc ignore because of our patterns of interaction. That should save this community an immense headache. We simply shall not interact.

Should save us one as well.
[/quote]

Moments ago, this was all your post said. But you just couldn't resist. You had to get a word in. I imagine this ignoring is all bluster. If you have me on ignore, you'll still keep reading my posts. You'll just pretend not to. You're reading this right now. You cannot resist the allure of Sal Paradise.

For anyone not pretending to ignore me, is it necessary to explain how Mael's grammar explanation is wrong? I've taught English to immigrants and I'm a student of linguistics, so I wouldn't want to leave that brutal misunderstanding of grammar hanging out there if people actually thought it was accurate. Let me know and I'll explain.

[color="#FF0000"][b]*Achievement Unlocked*[/b][/color]

You transformed a discussion on outrageous RP technology, into a foundationalist criticism of the CNRP rules, and then steered it into a not so civil argument about grammar. While I'm not sure if this chain of events is the product of your own skill, or simply one participant's compulsive need to have the last word, that's an image boost in my book. Good job.

Hey, Sal and Maelstrom, chill the $%&@ out and cut it out with the insults or I'm reporting both of you to moderation and I'll get a mod in here to rule on genetic modification for purposes other than, oh say, curing cancer, as well. You both are crossing a line and you both need to shut the $%&@ up. And if you keep pissing me off, I'm just going to !@#$@#$ use the word $%&@ in a !@#$@#$ higher !@#$@#$ frequency until maybe it !@#$@#$ gets through your !@#$@#$ thick heads that this !@#$@#$ argument is !@#$@#$ stupid. !@#$@#$ got it?

$%&@.