CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a "North American Union" in CNRP, like the European Union in RL?

Not really. A pan-American treaty has been tried a few times but never held up due to a lack of interest. although most American nations tend to be committed to work together, at least against foreign threats.

Inactive in the RP forums, inactive in the entire CN Forums or inactive in-game?

All three. You can also ask for a freeze on your CNRP nation so it won't be purged for any three reasons while you are gone for while. If your CNRP nation is in frozen mode for several months or you get banned, then it will be purged.

Edited by HHAYD

No you don't have to RP every citizen, but unless there is characters in the RP its not RolePlaying. There is no role being played, other then that of the person moving the pieces. You can RP deployments in 1001 ways, it doesn't have to be big, or beautiful, or fancy. But I rather have some level of detail, some notion of human involvement, emotion, passion, whatever. You can write a few lines about a general ordering deployments, a few lines about a soldier being deployed. Its not that hard tbh, even the worst movies have people in them in stead of pieces moving around.

No you don't have to RP every citizen, but unless there is characters in the RP its not RolePlaying. There is no role being played, other then that of the person moving the pieces. You can RP deployments in 1001 ways, it doesn't have to be big, or beautiful, or fancy. But I rather have some level of detail, some notion of human involvement, emotion, passion, whatever. You can write a few lines about a general ordering deployments, a few lines about a soldier being deployed. Its not that hard tbh, even the worst movies have people in them in stead of pieces moving around.

Deployment is ourselves telling where we are moving our men. It gets more storylike when actual fighting happens.

I've thought about creating a RP for a specific soldier detailing life on the front lines.

Deployment is ourselves telling where we are moving our men. It gets more storylike when actual fighting happens.

I've thought about creating a RP for a specific soldier detailing life on the front lines.

Indeed; with every war there is a fairly good chance that nothing will happen, and that either the war will evaporate, or someone will give up; so there is no point in really dedicating too much effort in the first deployments.

Then consider this

Deploy 150,000 to the Bavaria-Hungary border, 100,000 to the Serbia-Hungary border and 50,000 reserves.

Versus

General Stanko was looking at the map. 'We need to fortify that Bavarian border, they will probaly try to breach through here and here.' He was pointing at two valleys crossing the border. 'How much troops can we deploy there within the next 24 hours?' Colonel Dibrovnic was a bit nervous, he was not a big fan of staff meetings, he rather be with his men in the field, but such is the life of a staff officer. 'We can probably deploy 50.00 men to that front within 24 hours, and another 100.000 the next few days. It all depends on the weather conditions and what the local roads can take.' He looked back at the map. 'Are we planning any offensive strikes? This river in the backlands could seriously hamper our mobility if we get driven back, we should try to build one or two temporarily bridges across them.' Major Krenavic pointed at the mountainous zone just ahead of the border. 'Did we scout this area? Its perfect for long range snipers, and I don't want my man walking across those mountains, single lined, being killed off by some lame sniper, they are too valuable for that.'

Sitethief, as much as I know and understand your position on Character roleplay, some people simply like to roleplay thier nation as a single entity. We cannot force them to use one character when all they want to do is one nation. Of course, it would make it a better RP, but thats up to the RPer.

That was Voodoo telling ME where to deploy MY troops. Not him deploying his troops.

I was trying to show the two ways in which you can do this.

Sitethief, as much as I know and understand your position on Character roleplay, some people simply like to roleplay thier nation as a single entity. We cannot force them to use one character when all they want to do is one nation. Of course, it would make it a better RP, but thats up to the RPer.

I don't mind people not RP'ing people but just countries, but I do mind people that just shuffle a number of soldiers around the board. Without even telling me what kind of soldiers/units/support they be having. Thats not RolePlaying in my eyes, you don't even RolePlay a country at that point, as that would involve at least some detailed information in whats going on, instead of only *random number of soldiers*.

If people want to play CNRP that way, the can do that, but I won't get involved. So if somebody wants to war with me he has to at least tell me what type of planes his squadrons exist of. for example.

I'm just saying.

I was trying to show the two ways in which you can do this.

I don't mind people not RP'ing people but just countries, but I do mind people that just shuffle a number of soldiers around the board. Without even telling me what kind of soldiers/units/support they be having. Thats not RolePlaying in my eyes, you don't even RolePlay a country at that point, as that would involve at least some detailed information in whats going on, instead of only *random number of soldiers*.

If people want to play CNRP that way, the can do that, but I won't get involved. So if somebody wants to war with me he has to at least tell me what type of planes his squadrons exist of. for example.

I'm just saying.

Sitethief, my style is simple and to the point. I have never been known to write fluff and all that jazz. My leader is also Commander in Chief, so assume that he is saying it.

I really don't like how you specifically call out my post and call it "not RolePlaying". It is disrespectful, and I know you would not like it if someone did the same to you.

Alright, there is a dispute over this question:

If you reroll in-game, do you get to use your old frozen stats?

In regards to this, specifically with my nation:

[23:04] <~SarahTintagyl> like did you start a new nation in CNRP?

[23:05] <TheStig> No.

[23:06] <TheStig> I re-rolled in game, and ever since I did I have been using my frozen stats.

[23:06] <TheStig> Convenient that it is just mentioned to me now.

[23:06] <~SarahTintagyl> oh

[23:06] <~SarahTintagyl> then you should be okay

[23:06] <~SarahTintagyl> yeah

[23:06] <~SarahTintagyl> you're fine

[23:06] <~SarahTintagyl> cause I know that's how Nordland worked after the Karma war

[23:06] <~SarahTintagyl> and Mael still does that

[23:06] <~SarahTintagyl> just use Mael as an example

FOR EXAMPLE, MAEL!!!11

[23:06] <TheStig> I re-rolled in game, and ever since I did I have been using my frozen stats.

[23:06] <~SarahTintagyl> cause I know that's how Nordland worked after the Karma war

FOR EXAMPLE, MAEL!!!11

One person told you that. It doesn't mean it is supposed to be that way.

FOR EXAMPLE, MAEL!!!11

Um, nobody in Nordland re-rolled after the Karma War. Neither did Maelstrom. They all had their original countries.

The re-roll was due to a huge alliance war. ^_^

Proof?