General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. New nations, even if they're huge IG, cannot have an advantage. They have to work in RP, making bonds, RPing military advances, etc to get more powerful.

2. RP wars would be much, much more devastating. If you want to RP your nation stats, honestly, then RP wars mean !@#$. Why? Because well your IG nation was untouched, you can rebuild quickly to those stats again.

3. It doesn't punish you for honoring your alliance and not deserting it.

4. It doesn't punish you for wanting to grow your nation IG at the quickest rate for IG alliance expansion (if you're a bank) or war is looming.

5. CNRP solely dependent on the players themselves and how they interact with one another. IG politics, nations, and alliances do not interfere with this RP which would great to see in my eyes.

Personally I'm tired of the "if you want to RP maximum in RP you gotta max out IG", that's just punishing the player's IG nation and the IG develop for the sake of RPing. RPing should be fun and be devestating in RP, not affecting IG things too.

/end rant

RPing to your nation's stats should, at the very least, be a common-sense starting point for identifying a nation's strength and potential influence in CNRP. I'll have to disagree only with point 1 in that if some giant nation joined CNRP, I'd let him have the ability to kick the crap out of most alliances and/or blocs here. If Matt Miller shows up saying, "HAI GUYS!!! LET'S RP," and then proceeds to nuke us all into oblivion, I'd accept the RP because of his nation's overwhelming NS, wonders, technology, etc., etc. If in-game stats are the base and someone has a massive base, they should be able to take out anyone who doesn't have a decent shot. (1/2 NS or less, in my opinion)

There is no reason to max out IG to be maxed out in CNRP. I am nearly maxed out because it doesn't harm my nation in terms of environment but it does cost a little extra every day to keep my nation ready and alert. There can be "ready" troops and "reserve" troops and then what I'd call "last resort" troops consisting of soldiers and RP citizens but your "ready" troops are your IG troops and your potential troops can be your "reserves".

Quick clarification, are we RPing by total troop strength or total troop strength including soldier efficiency. In my opinion soldier efficiency makes the most sense. If one went to full mobilization one should be able to up their soldier efficiency by take the economic hit with guerilla camps.

Quick clarification, are we RPing by total troop strength or total troop strength including soldier efficiency. In my opinion soldier efficiency makes the most sense. If one went to full mobilization one should be able to up their soldier efficiency by take the economic hit with guerilla camps.

I've been using actual troops. What does everyone else use?

I'd say using actual troop strength would be best. The efficiency should show the effectiveness of your troops through equipment and training.

I could ask him to do that if you'd like.
For the love of all things holy I ask you to not. :awesome:
Such a spoilsport.

I LOL'd

Pfft. I totally support you doing it!

What if you're the one nuked? <_<

I use the 10x multiplier.

What happens when you swap guerilla camps?

I would say that is reflected here by the gurilla training stops, and they lose the skills due to not using them.

One thing I note on this map that protectorates aren't really defined. New players might not try and claim protected land because they might think it means it is claimed by that nation or something like that.

You should note that protectorates are generally lands that a country is willing to cede when a player that they feel is responsible to RP with that territory comes to CNRP. Something like that.

Discuss.