General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

Alright, I intend to start constructing my island shortly.

Whilst I intend to remain more or less within the confines of my first post about it, to which no one complained, let me know if anyone feels I'm going overboard.

No problems here. You way outclass most people here when it comes to technology...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the x1000 for citizens, x100 for tanks/soldiers, these are my national stats:

12,000,000 people

500,000 soldiers

40,000 tanks

10,097,300 casualties

That is pretty attractive for a nation my size where my NS is a little less than 4k (expecially after I dropped from being 10k).

However, I am afraid that Imperial Wellington's stats are this:

160,121,000 people

7,137,600 soldiers

7,09,800 tanks

Also, assuming the x100 rule applies to nukes, Imperial Wellington has 20,000 nuclear warheads. Of which, I assume, most are in satellites above Planet Bob ready to strike anywhere on the globe in a matter of...oh...say 3 seconds. Now this is NOT attractive for a nation my size where my NS is a little less than 4k (expecially after I dropped from being 10k).

BTW: From day #1 I have been using in-game numbers.

Edited by Isotope

IF by an act of god LeVentNoir let's us use the multiplier, don't you think it should be used on everything and in same amounts to keep the ratios the same?

The IG ratios are horribly unrealistic, that is the main reason for the multipliers, unless I am very much mistaken.

IF by an act of god LeVentNoir let's us use the multiplier, don't you think it should be used on everything and in same amounts to keep the ratios the same?

Given that most countries in RL have less 0.5 % of their population in the military, I see 1000 citizens for every 10 soldiers as a good number base.

As for tanks: not even Russia has more than 21,000 tanks. Here's the most recent munbers of the top 3 tank countries:

#1 Russia: 21,000 tanks

#2 United States: 16,000 tanks

#3 China: 11,000 tanks

As you can see, overall the most optimum numbers would be 1000 citizen, 10 soldiers and 1 tank.

Shouldn't we AT LEAST have a multiplier for aircraft? Navy I can understand, but aircraft should be at least x5.

The part that is relevent:

*Your in-game air force is counted as your CNRP airforce. However, once you reach the size of a very large and developed nation, one plane may count as one squadron.

The generally accepted multiplier for aircraft is 1 unit = 1 squadron after you reach a certain level of development, though that level has never been clearly defined.

Discuss?

So, I believe we have two issues on hand:

* Multiplier of citizens

* When 1 aircraft = 1 squadron.

On citizens: x1000. Nothing less.

Aircraft: How about over 4000 infra, 600 tech?

And what is YOUR definition of a squadren? Because if a squadren is 5 aircraft, then the rule is IG Aircraft x 5. If a squadren is whatever you want it to be, then I have 1 aircraft in game. CNRP, 1 of MY squadrens are 50 trillion aircraft.

4 - 6k infra sounds decent to me, 600 tech is a bit too low, 950 - 1200 would be a more suitable range to consider, in my opinion

The standard squadron is defined as 12 craft if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Ranather

And what is YOUR definition of a squadren? Because if a squadren is 5 aircraft, then the rule is IG Aircraft x 5. If a squadren is whatever you want it to be, then I have 1 aircraft in game. CNRP, 1 of MY squadrens are 50 trillion aircraft.

A NORMAL squadron would be from 5 to 12. <_<

Edited by Sumeragi

On nukes: I thought the general practice was if nuke capabale (and have nukes) they can pretty much be considered as having as many as they like. Although to be fair that seemed a bit odd.

Perhaps something more clearcut for aircraft would be useful

At X NS (25k?), each aircraft can be considered one squadron, (a squadron is defined as 5 aircraft).

EDIT: perhaps again after say 50k, a squad could be 12 planes or something

Edited by Shan Revan

The multiplier for citizens is x100. This is how it has been since multipliers were come up with. There is no need to change this

Things change.

Also, common sense tells us that a RL country your size would have 48,441,000 people, not 4,844,100 people.

Edited by Sumeragi