General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

No, common sense would have me at 4.8 million, due to my stats x100 multiplier

I'm talking about a RL country that stretches from the Amur to Taiwan. If such a country was around in RL, it would have more than 4.8 million people.

Edited by Sumeragi

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about a country that stretches from the Amur to Taiwan. If such a country was around in RL, it would have more than 4.8 million people.

correct, and if this was RL id have way more then 4.8 millyn, due to what I control. but this isnt rl. This is Planet Bob. and in here i have 4.8 millyn.

No one is forced to follow any of these guidelines set forth, if I may say so, though such people generally arent taken seriously. I'd think the citizen multiplier is pretty ambiguous anyway, as large countrys can have relatively small populations, by all accounts Russia should have the largest population, not India, if size were the sole determining factor in Population, which it isnt, but enough RL.

Edited by Ranather

Also, common sense tells us that a RL country your size would have 48,441,000 people, not 4,844,100 people.

Common sense puts me at 4.5million, not the 9 million I RP with. 1000x leaves me with 90 million. Time to invade you for stupidity. I will refuse to recognise RP with 1000x citizens. I wish for just 100x citizens and 1x soldiers, but can live with 10x.

Also, no nuke modifier. I also agree on the new plane levels.

Edited by LeVentNoir

I say we stop debating this citizen x100 or x1000 business. Let's still this thing once and for all in a vote in a thread. Maybe we can ground out some other RP rules while we are at it too.

Or we can do it here?

I'll assume Lord Frost and LeVentNoir side with the x100 multiplier. I'll vote 'nay' too.

Yea for x1000 multiplier: 1

Nay: 3

Edited by Quest07

For troops, I'm not too sure. Putting a limit like making it 1/10th of your citizens would be too restrained, but letting them go wild could make a lot of people go !@#$% insane with numbers.

Just apply the rule to everything - RP what you have, but have limits. If we see something we don't like, we'll tell you about it and eventually come to a compromise.

Alright, I'm going to be putting up something about godmodding and cutting out pointless things. What I want to know is your definition of Godmodding - just post it and I'll find everything that's alike in each post and put them in as what Godmodding would be "generally" defined as.

Why won't I put my own thing in there? Why can't I just do it?

Because this is a thread for you guys to be able to base your own rules for RPing on, and our views might differ. This is what younger players might look to for guidance.

For one thing, no matter how well-RP'd, someone with below 100 tech claiming to have utterly defeated someone with over 100 times their level of tech.

Another, posting a long, involved post directly affecting another RP'er without giving them a chance to reply to it in some way.

And obviously, posting you have superweapons when you have less than 100 tech is Godmodding, as well as directly attempting to control other players' nations or claiming control over something that humanity has no control over whatsoever (like the weather, meteor strikes, or natural disasters).

I don't know if it'd be called god-modding, but when a larger nation attacks a smaller one, it shouldn't have to be like a steam-roll. Look at Vietnam for America or Afghanistan for the Soviets.

I'm not saying the smaller nation would win, but I'm saying they should at least be able to have the fun of putting up a good fight.

I don't know if it'd be called god-modding, but when a larger nation attacks a smaller one, it shouldn't have to be like a steam-roll. Look at Vietnam for America or Afghanistan for the Soviets.

I'm not saying the smaller nation would win, but I'm saying they should at least be able to have the fun of putting up a good fight.

This is also true. It does seem a good idea, as long as the smaller nation RP's realistically.

I say we change the wording of this particular part of the Guidelines

*Your in-game (your actual CyberNations nation) citizen count will be multiplied by one hundred (100), and the subsequent number will be your CNRP (CyberNations Roleplaying) citizen count.

It seems to be saying that one MUST use the 1000 multiplier.