Improvement Swapping vs. Infra in the bag

James I

So when is it no longer worth it to improvement swap over a 6-day period? Is it more profitable to buy infra every 1 or 2 days, so you have that infra in your nation to generate extra income?

Obviously, it depends on your nation..but is there a rule of thumb?

The higher your infra the more it is beneficial to improvement swap. Especially Labor Camps and even guerrilla camps now at my amount of soldiers saves me money doing a swap with them.

Edited by Thorr

At what population level is it beneficial to start improvement swapping

Get your basic 16 Improvements first (5 Banks, 5 Factories, Harbor, 5 Stadiums) and then get 5 free slots to begin swapping. I recommend IAs because they are cheap and it is doubtful you have spies that low. Then save up for your first swap.

This is about the earliest a nation should do it, but you should be doing it at this point as waiting is only costing you inmcreased income.

I buy infra as I go without improvement swapping. I do this because I like to be ready for war and not appear inactive. There are more factors than simply what makes you the largest amount of money.

Appearing inactive is one of the ADVANTAGES of improvement swapping for active nations :P

Get your basic 16 Improvements first (5 Banks, 5 Factories, Harbor, 5 Stadiums) and then get 5 free slots to begin swapping. I recommend IAs because they are cheap and it is doubtful you have spies that low. Then save up for your first swap.

This is about the earliest a nation should do it, but you should be doing it at this point as waiting is only costing you inmcreased income.

Police HQ = more happiness than IA.

If you are waiting for 15 days or so at 2k+ infra then swapping LCs for Factories, buying infra then swapping Factories for other economic improvements can also be a valid option.

I never did do improvement swapping. I just kept buying infra every day. I think there's something about compounding growth each day as opposed to saving up and then buying... unless one has a hardcore growth strategy that involves guaranteed inflows of aid.

I'm doing cycles of 10 days. 500+ infra per cycle. Which is more than the 30 a day I could get without swapping. My current cycle is taking a little longer because of the fact that there's a jump right after it.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually swapped a couple banks at the beginning of my swapping.

I started swapping after I had banks/factories/harbor/stadiums/FM/schools/unis/clinics/hospital built out.

Banks were the cheapest improvement I had that didn't affect improvement slots, so I was swapping them for camps at the beginning.

Nowadays of course I just delete camps to collect and then rebuy. :)