New Wonders

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when GRL is high or your suffer other env penalties, your happiness is reduced on a percentage. This means, in such times, +4happ are reduced to +3.88 or +3.75 or whatever. But +$8 stay +$8 all the time. If you have full income modifiers:

+4 hap * 4.15 = +$16.6 gross income

+$8 inc * 2.075 = +$16.6 gross income

but if happiness is reduced (and since there is always GRL, it is always reduced a slight bit):

+3.88 hap * 4.15 = +$16.1 gross income

+3.75 hap * 4.15 = +$15.6 gross income

and so on.

last time I checked SM was at 30M vs MiningCorp 25M. For small nations using 4 of these resources, I am not sure if the SM would provide 5M additional income within the next 30days compared to the MiningCorp, so buying the MiningCorp first could be a clever decision for these nations because they could actually pump 5M more into more infra.

Hmm due to my poor infra I can only buy the Agriculture Development Program, which I can't see me doing for many many more wonder slots yet since I'm only on #4.

Shame I have the tech + land for the rest just no where near the infra needed :P

Based on what I see from these new wonders. Nothing is worth buying until after your original wonders are finished first. I am glad new wonders came out to begin with but with the previous evironment change, i will still need to buy the NEO for myself to cancel out the coal uranium oil resources plus the environment level for me. I will be buying NEO next just as I had planned :-D

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank my lucky stars that there are people like (DAC)Syzygy around to help me understand the complexities of this game. Seriously DAC, admin needs to hire you to work on this game. You've opened up an entirely new realm of complexity to this game and it will serve to occupy us for at least a couple more months.

Thank you.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything about advanced weapons being introduced.

It is intrinsic to the WRC, not a separate weapon. If you have the WRC, your weapons do more damage because they are more advanced. Because they are more advanced, they cost more.

The down side is your cost to effectiveness ratio worsens. For example, if you have 2000 tech, your weapons do 16.7% more damage than someone without a WRC (1.4 vs 1.2). However, the cost of your weapons is 20% more than someone without a WRC.

The upside is, since you are limited in the number of attacks you can do in a day, you will do more damage to your opponent per day than he will do to you if he doesn't have a WRC as well.

Edited by MikeSierra

It is intrinsic to the WRC, not a separate weapon. If you have the WRC, your weapons do more damage because they are more advanced. Because they are more advanced, they cost more.

The down side is your cost to effectiveness ratio worsens. For example, if you have 2000 tech, your weapons do 16.7% more damage than someone without a WRC (1.4 vs 1.2). However, the cost of your weapons is 20% more than someone without a WRC.

The upside is, since you are limited in the number of attacks you can do in a day, you will do more damage to your opponent per day than he will do to you if he doesn't have a WRC as well.

The increased effectiveness far outweighs the increased cost because the cost of military stuff is negligible to anyone with a decent warchest, but the limits on how many soldiers, tanks, and aircraft that can be kept around, and how much damage can be done on each attack, is far from negligible.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank my lucky stars that there are people like (DAC)Syzygy around to help me understand the complexities of this game. Seriously DAC, admin needs to hire you to work on this game. You've opened up an entirely new realm of complexity to this game and it will serve to occupy us for at least a couple more months.

Thank you.

Seconded!

I'm getting the impression a couple of these new wonders are great, but not quite as good as the original top few (IS, SSS, SM, DRA, etc). However, where do they place for us larger nations who already own most of those basic economic wonders? For example, I have a SM, SSS, Interstate, DRA, NRL, SDI, Great Mon, Great Uni, Great Temp, and Internet. I'm way over the land/infra requirements, so those are no problem (I have coal and oil, btw). For large nations like us, which of these new wonders makes the most sense? As I understand it, MIC would give me simply $4 pop income. ADP gives me a bunch more land and $2 pop income. And WRC/FSS give some military benefits. So do the MIC or ADP go above something like the space program, or movie industry (+3 happ)? Thanks!

Thank you.

I couldn't agree more. If admin really was a god, you would be moses.

On a side note i think that Agriculture Development Program is currently a bit useless tbh.

Economically it's extremely weak and it brings little income even for people at 10k+ land.

Militarily land itself doesn't bring very many bonuses and again the 15% bonus and max military raise isn't really notable.

What i would suggest is for it to double land growth as well (making furs a better choice as well) and/or for it to allow the owner to buy land in chunks of 50

On a side note i think that Agriculture Development Program is currently a bit useless tbh.

Economically it's extremely weak and it brings little income even for people at 10k+ land.

Militarily land itself doesn't bring very many bonuses and again the 15% bonus and max military raise isn't really notable.

What i would suggest is for it to double land growth as well (making furs a better choice as well) and/or for it to allow the owner to buy land in chunks of 50

It makes me wonder why the most frequently bought new wonder so far is the ADP... :blink:

I am going to get the weapons development complex. It will make me a military powerhouse. Of course I will first get a Disaster Relief Agency (for more tech), then a National Research Lab, a Pentagon, and then the Weapons Development Center. Frankly I don't like the Pentagon as it is fairly weak, but the benefits of the WRC outweigh that of the low usefulness of the Pentagon.

Yeah getting +5000 more citizens and +15% more land for defending odds/spy odds is really a poor wonder.