New Wonders

On a side note i think that Agriculture Development Program is currently a bit useless tbh.

Economically it's extremely weak and it brings little income even for people at 10k+ land.

Militarily land itself doesn't bring very many bonuses and again the 15% bonus and max military raise isn't really notable.

What i would suggest is for it to double land growth as well (making furs a better choice as well) and/or for it to allow the owner to buy land in chunks of 50

Agriculture Development Program - $30,000,000 - Increases land size by 15%, Increases citizen income +$2.00, Increases the citizen-bonus for land from 0.2 to 0.5. Requires 3,000 land purchased, 500 technology.

The ADP was put in place to counteract the recent update to environment and population. The real advantage is that for those with 30-60 improvements that lost 5-10 improvement slots in the update, the ADP will be an immediate solution to replacing those slots for nations that have already purchased NRL or DRA.

For my nation, I'll get just over 2000 citizens, 2 improvement slots, and $2 income. Using the 2 improvement slots for 2 churches, I'd gain ~725k a day in taxes.

However, I also swap improvements again now that I'm down on improvement slots, so the 2 improvement slots shouldn't be considered for overall value. Meaning the true value of the ADP to my nation is ~230k a day from the citizens and $2. This is still a higher number than some other wonders out there and should not be considered "economically useless" to anyone, at the cheap (as far as wonders go) price of 30M

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my nation is an extreme case but omfg ADP rocks. Compared to most nations near my ranking I am rather low on land and rather high in inf. (which should make +happiness wonders better) yet the ADP still is far better economically than any of the wonders available to me (Basically a few +3 happiness and the NEO). I stand to gain over a mill per collection from the ADP while the next best thing would only give me about 780k extra, and like i said my nation is biased towards the "next best thing." Take into account that for my nation (and i'd imagine many others) until land cost>Inf. cost land is actually a bigger boost for your buck. With this wonder you'll likely see larger nations focusing heavily on land growth.

-Veritas