Flag Creation

Cirrus

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect example of how not to do a flag.

- every aspect of it looks photoshopped to death

- scaled down, the phoenix is nearly unrecognizable if you didn't already know what it was

I disagree because of what the photoshop effects do. To me at least they give it a more cloth textured look which is something that could easily be produced in a real flag. when the photoshop effects add realism to the flag I think it is good. The only effect that may be slightly too photoshopped is the effect around the phoenix but even that I think is ok.

I disagree because of what the photoshop effects do. To me at least they give it a more cloth textured look which is something that could easily be produced in a real flag. when the photoshop effects add realism to the flag I think it is good. The only effect that may be slightly too photoshopped is the effect around the phoenix but even that I think is ok.

I see where you're coming from but that still doesn't work. Not only could the portion around the phoenix not be efficiently replicated but the "cloth" effects are different on the white and on the orange which would make it even harder to reproduce. Additionally, I have never in my life seen a cloth or folding effect that looks like that. If it looks like anything, it looks like a worn and tattered effect but even then it is too uniform.

Perfect example of how not to do a flag.

- every aspect of it looks photoshopped to death

- scaled down, the phoenix is nearly unrecognizable if you didn't already know what it was

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perfect example on how to troll in a thread that was seemingly bereft of trolls.

Wrong. Throughout this thread people have been critiquing flags based on the information posted in the OP. I was doing so.

I'd venture to guess that we could have the most awesome flag in the history of flag design and you would have found fault with it.

When Admin says you have an awesome flag (praise Admin), that's saying something....and I'm guessing your opinion puts you in the minority.

I'd venture to guess that we could have the most awesome flag in the history of flag design and you would have found fault with it.

Your guess is wrong and your own personal bias blinds you to any other constructive conversation.

When Admin says you have an awesome flag (praise Admin), that's saying something....and I'm guessing your opinion puts you in the minority.

Clearly admin is not versed in vexillology. Read the rules in the OP and you'll see where I base my critique.

I think the re-design of the PPF flag makes it even sexier:

PPflagred.jpg

Note that the added red has symbolic meaning (bloodshed) and the presence of all that white is because the PPF is on the white team.

I like it because its the type of flag that any Joe Schmo can draw on a white cloth and show pride in their nation. If it was in Real Life that is :P.

I think the re-design of the PPF flag makes it even sexier:

PPflagred.jpg

Note that the added red has symbolic meaning (bloodshed) and the presence of all that white is because the PPF is on the white team.

Now that is an example of a good flag. And I also believe the red stripes make it look much more dynamic.

I guess i broke the lettering rules

RECflag2copy.jpg

but the stars do mean something from the alliance (the senate) and the valknut symbol has real life meanings

While I am naturally fond of the symbol of the Einherjar and the color combination is attractive, the lettering and poorly outlined stars ruin it for me. Perhaps making the valknut larger and centering it to draw the eye better. Drop the lettering and perhaps create a semi circle under the valknut. Mind you, those stars still need some cleaning up.

Just a thought.