Flag Creation

Cirrus

you should throw invisionfree on there - if you know your way around a CSS stylesheet its quite easy to skin - check out: http://z11.invisionfree.com/ordorecolitus/index.php? for a prime example.

edit: I see this has already been suggested... check the link anyways :P

If you had read the OP, you would have read that bros hates IF and actively suggusts people move away from it. And you CSS is screwed up in Opera.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you misread what I said. What I said was. STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT HAS cPanel.

...why the hell wouldn't you want cPanel? It is awesome

Bros is a real genius... !

He made a cute forum for the NpO!

And we have Arcade!!!!! :awesome:

Having said such thing, I have no clue about what he's talking about here.... !

Hahaha. NotSane made that new theme.

Ephie works for low rates.

You can get a SMF theme based off of the default theme for free. You can look up themes on the SMF site. You can also ask for help on the SMF site, and specify free or paid. Free work is usually slower.

you should throw invisionfree on there - if you know your way around a CSS stylesheet its quite easy to skin - check out: http://z11.invisionfree.com/ordorecolitus/index.php? for a prime example.

edit: I see this has already been suggested... check the link anyways :P

Do you have access to your database? Then it isn't what the point of this topic is :P

And the CSS looks.. off

Edited by bros2

...why the hell wouldn't you want cPanel? It is awesome

Because every time I've used cPanel it's been buggy and slow. And not to mention it has screwed up my DNS settings several times.

Now both the custom-built control panels that I've used from Dreamhost and Verio have been fast and were built to their *exact* specifications so it was nicely integrated (with their services)

Because every time I've used cPanel it's been buggy and slow. And not to mention it has screwed up my DNS settings several times.

Now both the custom-built control panels that I've used from Dreamhost and Verio have been fast and were built to their *exact* specifications so it was nicely integrated (with their services)

...How the hell does it screw up your DNS?

...How the hell does it screw up your DNS?

I added a subdomain, and what ever I did it never did work. When I submited a support ticket, they told me that the DNS was pointing to the wrong IP (It was one off in the fourth octet) and that even it it was pointing to the right IP it wouldn't work because the file premissions were wrong.

And good luck with your surgery.

Edited by yetanothername

I added a subdomain, and what ever I did it never did work. When I submited a support ticket, they told me that the DNS was pointing to the wrong IP (It was one off in the fourth octet) and that even it it was pointing to the right IP it wouldn't work because the file premissions were wrong.

And good luch with your surgery.

Sounds like a problem with the host.

Not surgery :P

Just a 48 hour home EEG.

ApisNetworks (NPO, ODN, MCXA, and other alliances use them) is very reliable and they respond to tickets in a matter of seconds. That is where bilrow.com is at. Probably one of the better webhostings as far as customer support I have ever used.

Yetanothername was beaten up as a kid by cPanel, don't mind him. :)

Edited by Bilrow

ApisNetworks (NPO, ODN, MCXA, and other alliances use them) is very reliable and they respond to tickets in a matter of seconds. That is where bilrow.com is at. Probably one of the better webhostings as far as customer support I have ever used.

Was not....

That was yetanotherloser, my bother, who we don't talk about....

Galaxy-hosts is similar, from what I have heard.

I should add the MKs host to the list of good hosts :D

cPanel is awesome. I am in the process if setting up a new SMF forum now, which is my first experience away from invision and I am using x10 for the hosting, although after I installed the SMF software last night and got up to work on it this morning I keep timing out when I try to connect to my site or my cPanel :angry:

cPanel is awesome. I am in the process if setting up a new SMF forum now, which is my first experience away from invision and I am using x10 for the hosting, although after I installed the SMF software last night and got up to work on it this morning I keep timing out when I try to connect to my site or my cPanel :angry:

Search for x10hosting on the SMF forums. That should give you a guide

I was just going to say we use invisionfree and nothing is really wrong with it.

You don't have full control over your forums.

I think you guys are one of the few older alliances still on IvF. Get out of September 2006 and come into August 2008.

You don't have full control over your forums.

I think you guys are one of the few older alliances still on IvF. Get out of September 2006 and come into August 2008.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Plus the integration with other programs GGA uses that requires the forum to interact with it would be broke in a move to another forum.

Did I miss your scripts to move off Zetaboards? <_<

Nope. Query me on IRC for it.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Plus the integration with other programs GGA uses that requires the forum to interact with it would be broke in a move to another forum.

Yeah. That is the only reason why. But why the hell would you integrate with IvF of all forum systems >_>

Maybe the Site Integration Mod for SMF might help. Or the Custom Action Mod.

Just looked at the GGA site, The membership application could be recreated easily.

You can recreate all of those forums in SMF.

And you can make the medal roster by modding SSI.php in SMF.

Edited by bros2

There is more support systems that are programmed to interact with the GGA forum than just the application system and the medal system. It would require a major overhaul of all of GGA's codes and would pretty much cripple and shut down them down in the mean time for the things that are done.

So while GGA does use InvisionFree, it is a much more souped up and built around system that doesn't just move easily.

So thank you for the offer, but no thanks. :)

Edited by Bilrow

There is more support systems that are programmed to interact with the GGA forum than just the application system and the medal system. It would require a major overhaul of all of GGA's codes and would pretty much cripple and shut down them down in the mean time for the things that are done.

So while GGA does use InvisionFree, it is a much more souped up and built around system that doesn't just move easily.

So thank you for the offer, but no thanks. :)

Haha. I tried. :D

You can think of te conversion as keeping a backup of your forums jsut in case :P