• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... I suppose I'll post up our flag now :P

Orion unveils it's flag:

OrionFlag.png

I know, it's sexy.

I very much like the style but I think it has two main problems.

1) too busy

Yes it incorporates a coat of arms (of sorts) into the flag and those are historically busy but coat of arms rarely work for flags.

2) it looks highly photoshopped.

The bevel and shine effects are a no no for a flag

Weiss, I was hoping I could get a critique of Apocalypse's flag.

OmenFlagV2_2.png

I can't re-size it to the small size CN has for sanctioned alliances. If you could (or pm me how to) and judge it from that, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Here it is re-sized to roughly the CN in game standard.

YES.png

It works well sized down.

There are a few things I really like about this flag. The first is that this is a perfect example of the cloth effect. That is how a cloth effect is properly done. Second is the tattered edges. It is not 100% realistic in it's tatter formation because the top and bottom of a flag rarely fray to that degree, the far right tattering would be slightly more uniform considering wind flowing over it would be exerting force over that whole edge uniformly (it would be in a strip like formation), and parts of it seem to float in mid air (top right and bottom right), but the tattered effect is essential for pulling off this flag. Last is the fact that it is black and dismal. With a name like Apocalypse you would expect something gritty and grim and this flag delivers. It just needs some slight modifications to put it over the edge.

Edited by Weiss von Toten

major overhaul

RECFLAGO.jpg

i'm not sure about the bigger star in the bottom middle.

also does anyone know a way to make exact measurements in photoshop?

See it's already looking much better. The stars just need some work. A more for flat appearance would work better for a flag instead of having an awkward shine effect on each one. What symbolism do they hold?

5 stars are the senators of the alliance

the big one is the Premier

1 is for the General Superintendent

1 is for the ministers

and the last one is for the Head of Senate

yeah i got them off google like that, so you recommend ones that don't have the lighter part on the left?

Edited by cowman809

5 stars are the senators of the alliance

the big one is the Premier

1 is for the General Superintendent

1 is for the ministers

and the last one is for the Head of Senate

yeah i got them off google like that, so you recommend ones that don't have the lighter part on the left?

Right. Just make them flat star shaped so they work better on a flag. You might also want to mess around with different colors (for all of the stars, don't mix colors) because it could use some brightening up.

• 1 month later...

idk if anyone has posted this already ( i only bothered to read the first 3 of the 7 pages); but a great site to locate free webhosting is http://www.free-webhosts.com/webhosting-01.php , phenomonal site, makes it really easy to find a host who fits your needs, to find oversellers and easily compare other hosts and read reviews for people who have used them before..

Other than that excellent op/thread

Edited by willirica

idk if anyone has posted this already ( i only bothered to read the first 3 of the 7 pages); but a great site to locate free webhosting is http://www.free-webhosts.com/webhosting-01.php , phenomonal site, makes it really easy to find a host who fits your needs, to find oversellers and easily compare other hosts and read reviews for people who have used them before..

Other than that excellent op/thread

Sites like that tend to favor the ones who pay them the most.

I'd suggest http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/ (go to their forums) and WebHostingTalk http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

Edited by bros2

:ph34r:

I love Apis for lots of reasons, not the least of which is their response time to trouble tickets. Last night at around 11:30 pm PDT our forums went down, along with every other forum we host, because we were at 99.9% disk usage. Within ten minutes of my putting in the trouble ticket, Matt temporarily increased my disk space enough for our forums to be back up. Apis :wub:

Bros :wub: for this thread and all his work in this area for everyone who plays this game.

Edited by TrotskysRevenge