Breaking News: WAR!

11 hours ago, Canik said:

Not surprised at all KoRT will fight 98 vs 16. That's the only time KoRT will fight and having fought them myself I'm sure The Wolves will still give them hell :war:

It's worth noting that even with KoRT getting involved the likelihood of TPE winning hasn't increased.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Canik said:

Apparently it triggers some people to point out KoRT's cherry picking pixel hugging ways sorry not sorry :D

I don't think anyone here was triggered, lol. You brought a bloc against 5 nations, KoRT followed through with their protectorate. That's how the treaty works. If you have logs or a direct reference ti some farther dodged, I welcome you to log dump. Otherwise, it's a silly comment.

You all had every right to call in the bloc, but others have every right to pime fun about it. And before you reference Axiom, I will once again point out that they declared on most of the alliances, not the other way around. The alliances didn't randomly decide to attack them, they're just hitting the nations that hit them. I believe DoomSquad are the only ones that weren't directly hit that are currently staggering them.

So the Medieval Times themed alliance is at war with the wolf themed alliance over Planet Bobs most overused theme of an alliance Prussia.  Also it seems for dinner Medieval Times is serving mole instead of chicken which seems to be what the normally serve.  Now if only we could get Planet Bobs only seafood themed alliance CLAMs involved.  

30 minutes ago, TheBigBad said:

So the Medieval Times themed alliance is at war with the wolf themed alliance over Planet Bobs most overused theme of an alliance Prussia.  Also it seems for dinner Medieval Times is serving mole instead of chicken which seems to be what the normally serve.  Now if only we could get Planet Bobs only seafood themed alliance CLAMs involved.  

Sadly no one is doing turd cleanup services at the moment.  

46 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

I don't think anyone here was triggered, lol. You brought a bloc against 5 nations, KoRT followed through with their protectorate. That's how the treaty works. If you have logs or a direct reference ti some farther dodged, I welcome you to log dump. Otherwise, it's a silly comment.

I have no idea what you are even talking about I didn't criticize KoRT for defending TPE. I simply pointed out it was an easy safe decision for them so I am not surprised or impressed and still think they're craven pixel-huggers. They ignored their treaty with Sparta in Herogasm (conveniently saving their top-tier). They've been known to be rather useless and unhelpful in times past too probably. Don't recall them helping with Umbrella (Cowboys) when they were roguing out.

So these "KoRT is their protector they have the right!" arguments.. like.. wtf, no one is debating that? Did you all too stupid to read?

8 minutes ago, Canik said:

I have no idea what you are even talking about I didn't criticize KoRT for defending TPE. I simply pointed out it was an easy safe decision for them so I am not surprised or impressed and still think they're craven pixel-huggers. They ignored their treaty with Sparta in Herogasm (conveniently saving their top-tier). They've been known to be rather useless and unhelpful in times past too probably. Don't recall them helping with Umbrella (Cowboys) when they were roguing out.

So these "KoRT is their protector they have the right!" arguments.. like.. wtf, no one is debating that? Did you all too stupid to read?

I believe the Sparta treaty is optional, no? They had no obligation to defend. The war your coalition was fighting was offensive, which unless you had them acquiese prior to the war starting, is unlikely to be honored given the context. You lacked the respect to ask them to join you, and now you're upset that they didn't?

Vague references of 'been known to be useless and unhelpful' does not refer to a specific event. The only thing to be explored is the comment about umbrella. And I would be interested to know more.

It's not about my reading comprehension, but more a statement to how vague and bias your drivel is. Add context if you're looking to make a point, or accept that it's nothing more than propaganda. If your point has substance, then by god, give the substance.

So let's hear it. What happened with the umbrella incident?

23 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

I believe the Sparta treaty is optional, no? They had no obligation to defend. The war your coalition was fighting was offensive, which unless you had them acquiese prior to the war starting, is unlikely to be honored given the context. You lacked the respect to ask them to join you, and now you're upset that they didn't?

Vague references of 'been known to be useless and unhelpful' does not refer to a specific event. The only thing to be explored is the comment about umbrella. And I would be interested to know more.

It's not about my reading comprehension, but more a statement to how vague and bias your drivel is. Add context if you're looking to make a point, or accept that it's nothing more than propaganda. If your point has substance, then by god, give the substance.

My original statement was plenty clear. There is definitely no way you should have gotten "He debates the legitimacy of KoRT's entrance!!1" from it. That's on you 100%.

And anyone who wants proof KoRT is a play-it-safe pixel hugging alliance you need look no farther than their alliance page:
1af5af0bba4a9258a4e4a7b4d2d3d181.png?for
(not to mention the NPO treaty eww)

8 minutes ago, Canik said:

My original statement was plenty clear. There is definitely no way you should have gotten "He debates the legitimacy of KoRT's entrance!!1" from it. That's on you 100%.

And anyone who wants proof KoRT is a play-it-safe pixel hugging alliance you need look no farther than their alliance page:
1af5af0bba4a9258a4e4a7b4d2d3d181.png?for
(not to mention the NPO treaty eww)

Not sure when that was taken, but current statistics show differently for me.   They do have 16 in peace mode while the wolves only have 3, but then again they have many more nations than the wolves.  Good diversion attempt but I'm with Ghost, tell us about the "umbrella incident"  

Edited by DavidMustaine

So what I'm taking from this is your statement had no substance. You used an outdated screenshot to try and justify your statement. I don't remember saying that you were disputing their legitimacy. I'm just trying to make it clear that your criticism is hypocritical given your blocs current actions. And that you're throwing stones inside of a glass house. If your statement had no merit and you have nothing to substantiate it, I would recommend either stop the commenting or acknowledge that there was an error in the comment.

You said what you said to push narrative, and from what I can see, KoRT is no more a pixel hugger than any other major alliance on planet Bob. But I'm inviting you to prove me wrong with facts instead of baseless opinions or subjective perspectives.

22 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

I'm just trying to make it clear that your criticism is hypocritical given your blocs current actions.

You still seem to be under the impression I criticized KoRT for piling on The Wolves. I did not.

My criticism was KoRT will only fight by choice wars where they have a gross/top-tier advantage.

Does the Cookout only fight wars where we have a gross/top-tier advantage?

1 hour ago, DavidMustaine said:

Not sure when that was taken, but current statistics show differently for me.   They do have 16 in peace mode while the wolves only have 3, but then again they have many more nations than the wolves.  Good diversion attempt but I'm with Ghost, tell us about the "umbrella incident"  

1 hour ago, Gh0s7 said:

https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/End_Times
https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/Nom_De_Jour_War

Umbrella attacked a number of alliances including KoRT.

Not sure how I can prove this and hell maybe I'm just crazy but from what I remember (maybe others involved can confirm) KoRT did little to nothing once others entered and drew Umbrella's focus.

FTW, on the other hand, wasn't attacked but joined in optionally to help even though it meant losing a bunch of pixels to the top-tier beast that was Umbrella.

15 minutes ago, Canik said:

You still seem to be under the impression I criticized KoRT for piling on The Wolves. I did not.

My criticism was KoRT will only fight by choice wars where they have a gross/top-tier advantage.

Does the Cookout only fight wars where we have a gross/top-tier advantage?

Mid tier advantage, I think. The goal post always changes based of the perspective and narrative though. You guys made it a point to emphasize you would try and win the mid tier and give up the upper tier, which would generally imply some metric of advantage. Tiering is important, and more alliances should focus on it, in my opinion. It makes them mire effective at coordinating and fighting.

But regardless, they had no reason to choose Sparta over their 5 other optional treaties in what was an offensive war for your coalition. Typically you would lean towards where the bulk of your treaties are when they're fighting a defensive war vs the 1 partner who's in an offensive war. If you wanted thay to be the contrary you should've put in the effort to flip them. But you didn't, and now you're using that to try and paint a picture of them choosing the easier fight rather than them simply leaning towards where the bulk of their treaties are.

In terms of the umbrella situation, that could be proved with some scavenging through lyrical, but I'm not here to prove that point and that sounds like a tedious task. But you're free to do so and show me exactly what you're referring to. But otherwise that's just honestly a really vague reference.

5 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

In terms of the umbrella situation, that could be proved with some scavenging through lyrical, but I'm not here to prove that point and that sounds like a tedious task. But you're free to do so and show me exactly what you're referring to. But otherwise that's just honestly a really vague reference.

It's safe to assume it's true. KoRT has always been a rather weak and self-centered alliance.

Anyway, so after that.. there was this:
https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/KoRT_Raid_Wars
Polar attacks KoRT.
Only CCC and TTK defended them.

See for years we (namely CCC) defended KoRT. We were nice we tolerated their inefficiencies and wishes to be basically a peaceful neutral alliance.
Also we had a CB on Doom (who had made previous acts of aggression and were currently making open threats) and the attack on Sparta should've activated *defensively* as per established norms but okay, KoRT could have stayed out I would not be giving them hell now just for that but they didn't just stay neutral no no they piled on their recent and brave defenders CCC over some dumb !@#$. Treaties be damned that was $%&@ed up.

So yeah I'm gonna keep giving KoRT hell until they prove they aren't pixel huggers or somehow otherwise sufficiently earn my respect.

38 minutes ago, Canik said:

It's safe to assume it's true. KoRT has always been a rather weak and self-centered alliance.

Polar attacks KoRT.

See for years we (namely CCC) defended KoRT. We were nice we tolerated their inefficiencies and wishes to be basically a peaceful neutral alliance.
Also we had a CB on Doom (who had made previous acts of aggression and were currently making open threats) and the attack on Sparta should've activated *defensively* as per established norms but okay, KoRT could have stayed out I would not be giving them hell now just for that but they didn't just stay neutral no no they piled on their recent and brave defenders CCC over some dumb !@#$. Treaties be damned that was $%&@ed up.

So yeah I'm gonna keep giving KoRT hell until they prove they aren't pixel huggers or somehow otherwise sufficiently earn my respect.

This entire post is nothing more than opinionated !@#$%^&*. 'It's safe to say', if it were safe to say, you'd have something tangible to actually back it up, and you've provided nothing.

Having a CB does not make a war defensive in nature. You can try to elawyer that, but you held onto that cb for 2 years before you actually used it, so the whole 'we were just defending ourselves' is defunct, especially when you then hit a completely different alliance that didn't exist for this perceived transgression. 

Once more, you didn't even try to get their support, so stop saying they just piled on, lol. You guys made it happen by not reaching out. They did what every other alliance would do. This isn't cowardly in nature, it was just inconvenient for you.

They hit CCC because of treaty obligations. I can't fault them; you should've chosen a better counter, or discussed it with KoRT prior to the war. Your actions or lack thereof are what caused them to not be on your side.

You are absolutely free to give KoRT hell, as is your right. But I'm going to give you hell, because you have consistently failed to articulate why you think they're bad beyond your own opinion. I think CCC are terrible, because they called in a bloc against a 5 nation alliance and then virtually stopped declaring wars. What's that about? But I'm sure you'll have some excuses for that behavior ready to go.

Edited by Gh0s7
Grammar

Not to mention that ccc has been taking in rogues.   Its none of my business, I know, but I can't help but wonder if armen or ccc or anyone had approached any or all of the aa's  before accepting him as a member?   Back in the day that was how we did it, and seeing as how the sanctions haven't been lifted I'm going to assume armen/they hadn't until someone informs me otherwise.  

10 minutes ago, DavidMustaine said:

Not to mention that ccc has been taking in rogues.   Its none of my business, I know, but I can't help but wonder if armen or ccc or anyone had approached any or all of the aa's  before accepting him as a member?   Back in the day that was how we did it, and seeing as how the sanctions haven't been lifted I'm going to assume armen/they hadn't until someone informs me otherwise.  

They also accepted Felix, who was caught openly plotting to nuclear rogue DS with a group from his old alliance.

So at this point, its a trend if behavior

Edited by Gh0s7

2 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

They hit CCC because of treaty obligations.

Which treaty did they activate their defensive clause on, again? CCC only ever hit NPO, and KoRT didn’t have a treaty with them until well after the war. 

2 hours ago, DavidMustaine said:

It’s none of my business, I know, but I can't help but wonder if armen or ccc or anyone had approached any or all of the aa's  before accepting him as a member?

Kashmir (Armen’s micro) was explicitly included in the peace agreement that ended Herogasm, with not a single protest from anyone involved, and he didn’t merge that micro into CCC until after the war ended. Additionally, Hershey had explicitly approved Armen to join CCC about a month before Herogasm happened. The plan was for Armen to join after the war with the commies, but obviously the global ended up starting first.

3 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

Which treaty did they activate their defensive clause on, again? CCC only ever hit NPO, and KoRT didn’t have a treaty with them until well after the war. 

Kashmir (Armen’s micro) was explicitly included in the peace agreement that ended Herogasm, with not a single protest from anyone involved, and he didn’t merge that micro into CCC until after the war ended. Additionally, Hershey had explicitly approved Armen to join CCC about a month before Herogasm happened. The plan was for Armen to join after the war with the commies, but obviously the global ended up starting first.

That's fair actually, it looks like they didn't activate a treaty, but instead declared an offensive war. I agree it's nit the best look, but they still had 3 active treaties on our side(now 5 with the signing of VE and NPO) versus the one spartan treaty on your side. Again, I don't see why they would be obligated to defend Sparta and not the CLAWS or GATO treaties, which would've activated first.

4 hours ago, Canik said:

Polar attacks KoRT.

Seems to me you need to earn theirs?  idk