GOD, what happened?

Ugaritic Mot

3 minutes ago, Ugaritic Mot said:

Just logged back into my old account after...about 10 or years being away. What in the world happened to GOD? I have searched the wikia and it said they disbanded but i can't find anything in the forum and the old god forum is long gone.

We built a wall around Maroon and made Xiph pay for it.

8 minutes ago, Ugaritic Mot said:

was thinking about getting back into the game but looking at the population it seems more like a wall was built around CN

it's CN in 2021, there have been no major updates. What do you expect? Some of us are still around, but we've mostly moved on to different worlds.

3 hours ago, Ugaritic Mot said:

fair point. I had a vague hope that nostalgia + pandemic would have this place buzzing with activity.

None the less. What exactly happened to GOD?

There was a war for control of the maroon senators, CRAP and GOD were attacked first, long story short, GOD refused peace as they grew tired of this pixelated world long before the war even started. The war accelerated their death and they died, never to be seen again.

3 hours ago, Liltrekkie said:

There was a war for control of the maroon senators, CRAP and GOD were attacked first, long story short, GOD refused peace as they grew tired of this pixelated world long before the war even started. The war accelerated their death and they died, never to be seen again.

Several GOD nations now reside in NG

On 2/9/2021 at 8:32 AM, Ugaritic Mot said:

fair point. I had a vague hope that nostalgia + pandemic would have this place buzzing with activity.

None the less. What exactly happened to GOD?

Yes and no. Discord channels seem a little more lively, old players are popping their heads up every now and then. I wouldn't say it's buzzing though. There are still pockets of people still actively playing the game in various alliances, you just had to keep a look out for where and who they are. Me? I lead a relatively small but active brown team alliance called COBRA, and though the planet isn't a huge fan of ours we don't mind- we're having fun playing our way.

Alliance announcements threads can give a small clue who's active and not, but as someone said we use discord instead of IRC now, more convenient as you can get it on your phone and play whereever you are as well as chat with friends and alliances easier. There is a thread with links to various alliance channels for you to talk but be warned a lot of places are ghost towns. It make take a while to find an active one that you like. Feel free to swing by our server any time if it is listed.

As to your question I have no idea, I vanished from this world before GOD did.

GOD had too many enemies at the end. Though my alliance was always rivals with them and was happy with GOD's downfall, I gotta admit they were very good alliance for a very long time. There are some members still scattered about, I know of at least one ex-GOD within FTW. If you try you might be able to get in contact still with Xiph via discord. I had a little chat with him about.. 6 months to a year ago I think.