Looking for an Alliance

Terry Howard

I see. In my view, a tech trading rate that would be greater than 9/100 comes with a set of problems, such as the speed of tech transfers, and we don't go there. 

What we do though is endow our tech trading system with additional functionalities, such as cash or tech loans (e.g. a player gets a lump amount of cash or tech in advance, that he can later pay back in tech or in cash), or cash or tech bonuses, that we can grant to selected participants, based on pre-established criteria. 

A grantee of such a facility then uses it to buy certain key wonders, or to make an infra jump, assuming they are qualified for it. 

So yes, our system allows funding beyond the mere tech trading, but it is only available when certain conditions are met by some participants, rather than randomly and indiscriminately. 

On 1/28/2021 at 10:00 AM, SirWilliam said:

There appears to be an inverse relationship between my level of comprehension and your level of intelligence. I can read but you are being incredibly simple-minded here.

I'll dumb this down for you as much as I possibly can. I'll apologize in advance though if it still doesn't reach you in any meaningful capacity.

I stated RIP to Terry Howard in a thread created by Terry Howard for Terry Howard. I did not address you and clearly my comment was not in response to anything you said.

You, however, proceeded to state that this isn't about Terry Howard (what, exactly, isn't about Terry Howard is probably lost to the confines of the empty space between your ears). I reminded you - and this is a third time here so I hope it sticks - that yes, this (read: this thread) is about Terry Howard because it was created by Terry Howard for Terry Howard.

Feel dumb yet? You should have seconds into that post. Maybe quit while you're just 45 yards behind?

I don't get it. Is this about Terry Howard ... or not about Terry Howard? I'd like a more clear explanation that includes more Terry Howard.

Thank you in advance.

13 hours ago, Lord Draculea said:

I see. In my view, a tech trading rate that would be greater than 9/100 comes with a set of problems, such as the speed of tech transfers, and we don't go there. 

What we do though is endow our tech trading system with additional functionalities, such as cash or tech loans (e.g. a player gets a lump amount of cash or tech in advance, that he can later pay back in tech or in cash), or cash or tech bonuses, that we can grant to selected participants, based on pre-established criteria. 

A grantee of such a facility then uses it to buy certain key wonders, or to make an infra jump, assuming they are qualified for it. 

So yes, our system allows funding beyond the mere tech trading, but it is only available when certain conditions are met by some participants, rather than randomly and indiscriminately. 

Yes, the higher tech prices aren't perfect. It would be best if the aid caps were raised instead. And these prices are only available to our best sellers who meet certain criteria.

Very interesting re the facility function. CLAWS gov is not equipped to handle that, although we do give (as I'm sure you do) free funding for certain wonders.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2021 at 3:51 PM, Lord Draculea said:

If you're planning to be an active nation, then you should definitely consider joining an alliance where you can quickly find a trade circle to join, and where you can instantly fill your foreign aid slots at the most competitive tech trading rate of $9mil. for 100 tech. 

Hmm...  I'm an active nation, but I'm not Terry Howard. Not sure what to do here.

9 minutes ago, Aglet Green said:

Hmm...  I'm an active nation, but I'm not Terry Howard. Not sure what to do here.

What culture are you looking for? You could try some Discords and see what fits.

Honestly, the alliance culture is more likely to keep you going than anything else.

1 hour ago, Aglet Green said:

To me, an active nation is one that logs in at least once every day or two, and responds to its messages.

The best way to find an alliance is to either jump to various discord channels (as suggested above) and see what they're all about. You can also ask folks for a flavour of the different alliances. Of course, folks are always going to say their alliance is best.

3 hours ago, Aglet Green said:

Definitely what everyone else is suggesting. Most alliances that are active on here and in discord are also going to help you with tech deals and trades and whatnot, so just hang out in a few servers that seem interesting, see who you get along with, and go from there. 

21 hours ago, Aglet Green said:

Sorry, I was out jogging.  I responded to it when I got back.

No need to italics! I wasn't calling you out. Jogging is good. I like jogging. Dont do it enough anymore.

Hope I keep seeing you around one way or the other

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...