The World Map of CNRP2

Lynneth

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm repeating my contest of any of Tikal's land until post war.

.It is recommended but not necessary to make a new topic for integration or annexation of new territory, in case you don't want to clutter your news thread or equivalent. Every province requires its own paragraph of 2 sentences minimum. You cannot slap 5 provinces into 3 sentences.Until that time period is up, the land is considered contestable should any other nation put forth forces to contest it In Character.

Pretty sure you cant without putting troops in. Unless im missing something. Edited by supercheese

Pretty sure you cant without putting troops in. Unless im missing something.

I do not believe it makes any IC sense that somehow in a half hour time span a dozen nations are all able to instantly act upon even knowing tikal disappeared, let alone begin cutting apart the corpse.

You can't according to my quote.
Mogar either needs to move troops in to contest or go to a GM.

Mogar: Not recognizing the contest until then. And seeing how im monitoring the entirety of the Caribbean I think I would notice rather quickly that he was gone. Plus since he quit in a optionally recognized way his collapse is pretty open to interpretation.

You can't according to my quote.
Mogar either needs to move troops in to contest or go to a GM.

Mogar: Not recognizing the contest until then. And seeing how im monitoring the entirety of the Caribbean I think I would notice rather quickly that he was gone. Plus since he quit in a optionally recognized way his collapse is pretty open to interpretation.

Considering I am his closest ally and dozens of my corporations are in constant communication with his, I'd assume I'd notice pretty quickly as well, I have gone to a GM, it just has gotten ignored so far.

Contesting or not, you have to garrison territories with military forces to stop others with military forces.  According to the precedent set by the Spartan Invasion of Southern Italy, where Northern Italy under Hereno called all of Italy first, Sparta (me) contested it and landed troops first, whomever calls a protectorate first commands the loyalty of the people.  It can be contested subsequently but no one later contesting commands people's loyalty.  Last I checked every part of Lyn's lands have already been claimed protectorates so you're going to have to get them militarily just like everyone else regardless of what you'd like to claim.

Unless rules don't matter, if a rule applies to one person one time it applies to everyone all the time.  That's called equal treatment.

Oh, the rules do matter Triyun.

The role of the GM is to not create a body of precedents.
GM decisions are a case by case situation as each RP is unique and the role players involved are different.

CNRP2 has no precedents, you probably should not try to use them in your arguments.

Unless rules don't matter, if a rule applies to one person one time it applies to everyone all the time.  That's called equal treatment.

And this is why I laughed, when CNRP2 vowed to get rid of legal precedent. Legal precedent is not the reason for a Byzantine ruleset, it is a method to ensure the consistent application of rules to be fair to everyone. The reason CNRPs ruleset is Byzantine is the amount of uncompiled precedents set over the years, which do actually favour whoever was around and has a good memory, because otherwise you can't recall them all, without looking through over a hundred pages of GM rulings. Part of why I actually made a new GM topic and hope to make a list of future rulings, for more applicable system of precedents.

Also, the reason why there exist lawyers IRL, who's job it is to know the monstrous amount of laws and legal precedents of their special area. Rule of law comes at a cost.

CNRP2 has no precedents, you probably should not try to use them in your arguments.

CNRP2 might not have precedents but it most definitely has equality before the rules thus in exactly the same situation(Person A claims protectorate, person B contests) the rules have to be applied equally. Any other method undermines the very nature of CNRP2's democratic system.

CNRP2 might not have precedents but it most definitely has equality before the rules thus in exactly the same situation(Person A claims protectorate, person B contests) the rules have to be applied equally. Any other method undermines the very nature of CNRP2's democratic system.

As you have suggested that your spanish colony be considered post war, why would it be inequal to be claiming that Tikal collapsed post war?

As you have suggested that the new spanish nation be considered post war, why would it be inequal to be claiming that Tikal collapsed post war?

I'm pretty sure Voodoo already ruled any moves into territory of Tikal is covered under the general freeze and thus happens after the ongoing Battle of Britain and Balkan campaign(at least he said so when I asked). That however has nothing to do with you contesting it.

Also fixed that sentence for you.

Cent's correct in his understanding of the current situation.  If logic can be found in the ruling being faulty (a ruling at the time you seemed to be quite in support of), then it could be reexamined logically, but it has to be on the merits of the argument, as well as an explanation as to why you were wrong then (beyond this helping you and it hurting me.  

I am so glad we elected Triyun and Centurius as GMs to speak for Voodoo, it's certainly proving that he was an entirely unbiased candidate.

Yes, because simply relaying what was told to us when we specifically asked about something is truly speaking for someone. Added to that it was exactly what you asked for in the first place.

Edited by Centurius

I am so glad we elected Triyun and Centurius as GMs to speak for Voodoo, it's certainly proving that he was an entirely unbiased candidate.

It mostly just proves that our side talks to Voodoo, which might not be surprising, but also not criminal. Voodoo is a quite readily available GM, so we can ask him questions and go into detail with our inquiries on rules, leading to better understanding.