The World Map of CNRP2

Lynneth

Note: This post is subject to regular editing.
If you are unsure about any rules, ask the GMs.
Current GMs are Hereno, Markus Wilding and Ty/Californian.

Protectorates will not be marked on the map, but I may make a list of them in this post.

wqXPBPO.png

Link

Player/nation list(last updated 23rd August-ish)
[spoiler]
North America:
Dillon1102 - Cascadia
Mara Lithaen - Plains Federation
PresidentDavid - Plains Federation
Ferdinand Foch - Plains Federation
Vedran- Federation of the Atlantic
Lord Hershey - Palaven Empire
Lynneth: Principality of Tikal
Supercheese - United Caribbean States
Bear Islands of the Bear - Generalissimo

South America:
Curristan - State of Rio de Janeiro
Greywall - United Guyana Republic
rok - Antarctic Federation
jimmyvbuck - Britannia

Europe:
Shave N Haircut - France
Californian - Northlands
Rudolph - Yugoslavia
Lysergide - Sweden
Markus Wilding - Alvonia
Triyun - Great Britain
Zoot - Sparta
JEDCJT - Russia
Euphaia - Hungary
Mr Director - Belarus
Imperator Azenquor - Zapadnaya
Horo the Wise Wolf - Prussia
Evangeline Anovilis - Romania
Aggressivenutmeg - Cisalpina
Tidy Bowl Man - Landfall
Sarah Tintagyl - Hesse

Africa:
Biohazard - The Aidennic Council of Alexandria
Yerushalayim - Great Lakes Republic
Uberstein - Federal Union of South African Republics
Centurius - Carthage
Voodoo Nova - Novak
Jarl Frost - Madagascar

Asia:
Mogar - Imperium of Japan
Jesbro - Principality of Shanghai
Margrave - New Zealand
Maelstrom Vortex - Druk Yul
Malatose - Persian Empire
dotCom - Uriankhai Confederacy
[/spoiler]

Protectorates (NOT a complete list)
[spoiler]
North America
All White land - De jure under Tikal's Monroe doctrine
Alaska, Yukon, British Columbia - Cascadia, Plains Fed. and Tikal

South America
All White land - De jure under Tikal's Monroe doctrine
Ecuador, Peru - Tikal
Argentina and Uruguay - Fed. State of Brazil

Europe
Masovia, Lublin, Podlaskie - Belarus (all Prot. in Poland)
Lesser Poland, Lodz, Swietokryzskie - Hungary-Slovakia
Baltics - Muscovy
Crimea - Muscovy, Romania
Italy, Spain - Carthage
Albania - Yugoslavia
Azores, Iceland & Jan Mayen - Northlands
Ukraine - Romania

Africa
African white space - African League (basically all African nations are in it)

Asia
Bahrain, Qatar, Rafah and Khan Yuris of Gaza - Novak
Xinjiang - Druk Yul
Malay peninsula down to Japan's holdings, Indochina - SEATO
Northern Arabia, Turkey, Gaza, Kuwait, Lebanon, Syria, and Western India - Persia
Australia, white Indonesia, Oceania, Philippines, islands in the South&East China seas - EastAsian Imperium
Sakarya & Bilecik (Turkish Provinces) - Romania
[/spoiler]

The Rules

CNRP2

The rule set of CNRP2 is very simple.
Keep in mind, if your nation is over 50,000 NS you will be capped at certain points.

Starting a Nation in CNRP2
There are three ways to start a nation.

- The first is to find white space that is not labelled as a protectorate, and request a portion of land.
- The second way is to find a protectorate and either request it of them private message its owner (there is a list of protectorate owners below) or find them in our Coldfront channel, #cnrp2.
- You may also make a post in this map thread asking if there is any significant land. There is a rare occasion that someone will grant you a piece of their own (coloured) land, but this is, like I said, rare.
If you don't see land in a continent you want, don't be discouraged. You can RP anything, anywhere. If you want any kind of culture where you're going, you can have it. You may have to discuss it with the protectorate owner, because they may object to you rping certain types of things in an area under their control.
Do I have to have a place on the map to post in this forum?
Nope. You do not have to be a part of CNRP to post here. You can do your own thing, not bothering with the map. However, as most people who post here are posting in CNRP2, you may want to add the tag "Non-CNRP2", to avoid any confusion.

Your original claim may not be outside your ingame Sphere of Influence.

Land Expansion:
Land expansion requires a minimum of 7 posts, per RL country/province (whichever is applicable). This is on average a post every 2 days. Multiple posts on one day do not count - the fastest you can expand is a post every day, fulfilling the requirements within 7 days. Your claim can be disputed for a period of 2 weeks. Posts will be checked for the forum date using GMT+1, not the ingame timer, so make sure there's between 20 and 24 hours minimum between each.

'Provinces' are the blue lines in this map: Click me, it's a reference map.
An excessively large amount of provinces (Balkans, for example) may be combined into one 'region' if this region does not surpass 7.5 million people. Speak to the mapmaker about this to make sure it's legit.

It is recommended but not necessary to make a new topic for integration or annexation of new territory, in case you don't want to clutter your news thread or equivalent. Every province requires its own paragraph of 2 sentences minimum. You cannot slap 5 provinces into 3 sentences.
Until that time period is up, the land is considered contestable should any other nation put forth forces to contest it In Character.

Like so:
 _

[Province 1 name, 3/7]

Description

[Province 2 name, 2/7]

Description

What are the rules?

Activity Requirements
A total of 3 weeks is the maximum allowed time to go between IC posting before you will be removed from the map, with GM notification this can be extended to up to 2 months, longer extensions may be granted upon GM discussion of the case to allow for extenuating circumstances. (Basic Training for example.)
During longer extensions, called a "lock", nations that are locked cannot be touched via RP.

Character crossing
No crossing characters/nations. What happens to your in Barfistan, stays in Barfistan. If you reroll your nation and go right back to your old tricks, you deserve to get smashed. You need to remember that a new nation is a fresh slate, so don't roll a new nation to go pick fights with the enemies of your old nation.

This goes for others, a new nation should not be viewed in the same lens as the old one just because the person rping it did something objectionable in their last nation.

If a person rerolls and brings old characters into power in a new nation, that's another story. That's not a reroll, its a successor state and how it is treated is entirely up to the RPer.

IC/OOC crossing
This is hard to prove, but occasionally someone will catch wind of gossip or get shown a chat log of someone plotting on their nation. This chat log is out of character, it should not be acted upon in Character. If someone uses a conversation or argument that happens out of character as motive for attacking someone in Character, this is a problem.

Nor should threads labelled as private be used to influence the actions of another player. Private means private.

As IC/OOC crossing is hard to prove, allegations of such behaviour should not be made lightly. Further, neither should the community be forced to endure endless bleating sheeple claims of someone who thinks they are getting a raw deal.

In short, some times you just have to sack up and role play things for reasons you don't like.
However, should sufficient proof be shown, it should be discussed and dealt with on a case by case basis.

Modifiers, Military, And Tech Scale

1) Soldier Count Rules
Your Soldier count is Ingame civilians times 10. If you have 40,000 citizens and 8,000 of them are soldiers, you have 32,000 civilians - giving you 320,000 soldiers for RP.
If you're over 50k NS, you will be capped at the following numbers,

50k-75k NS: 850k men
75k-125k NS: 900k men
125k NS: 925k men
200k NS: 950k men

Tanks, APCs, artillery, etc. are done on common sense basis. Don't get too insane with this.

Soldier Floor
Every nation gets a minimum of 50,000 soldiers should they not have the infra requirement to get that in game.

Soldier Exchange

For every 10,000 soldiers you subtract from your soldier count, you gain an additional squadron of twelve planes onto the total of 630 aircraft.

This allows greater customization of military forces which is dependent on your terrain and size. A small island nation doesn't need a massive army, but it may need a larger airforce. It doesn't benefit any one group over another, it simply allows nations to sacrifice strength where its not needed, to reallocate it to somewhere it is. The soldier hard cap for a start massively prevents abuse and actually acts as a secondary cap on extra aircraft. For example a nation with 750k soldiers decided to only have a 50,000 man army, they would gain 70*12 aircraft, or 840 planes. This is then added to the standard cap of 630, giving them a total of 1,470 aircraft.

2) Tech scale

0 - 2001
500 - 2003
1000 - 2005
2000 - 2010
2500 - 2013
3500+ - 2014

3) Infra modifiers for Aircraft

in-game aircraft limit...
x2 IG numbers 0-2k infra. (realistically 100 to 120 planes) no wonders included
x4 IG numbers 2k to 4k infra. (200 to 240 planes) no wonders included
x6 IG numbers 4k+ infra (300 to 630 planes) with 630 as a max cap including all possible wonders and navy.

1 stealth aircraft equals 2 ingame slots

4) Naval Rules

Your RP navy is based upon what you could own in game, based on infrastructure. You do not need to maintain the ships in order to have a RP navy.

Additionally, there is a points system to "purchase" extra naval ships with, which is open to all CNRP nations (if they have an in-game navy or not) and is based on in-game stats.

Everybody gets a base of 1,000 points. For every 1 tech level you have in-game, you get another 1 point, with points from tech capped at 3k. So the max amount of points you can get is 4k points; 3k from tech, plus the base 1k.

What your infra level is in-game determines which ships you are allowed to spend your points on, regardless of how many points you have. For every 1k infra, you unlock another ship that you can buy, with 0-999 infra persons being allowed to purchase corvettes only. The tiers are:

Corvettes (under 1k infra), Diesel Submarines & Frigates (under 2k infra), Destroyers (under 3k infra), nuclear attack subs & Cruisers (under 4k infra).

Of course you can buy multiple of each ship, and their costs in points are: Corvette 200, Diesel Sub 300, Frigate 400, Destroyer 600, Nuclear Submarine(Attack, not ICBM)/cruiser 750.

For Example:

Nation A has 1.5k tech, 4,999.99 infra, and 2 frigates. They get 1k base points, plus 1.5k more from tech, for a total of 2.5k points. Their infra lets them buy any of the ships available, as they have at least 4k infra. Let's say they choose to buy 6 more frigates. This gives them 8 frigates total.

Nation B has 6k tech, 10k infra, and 6 frigates, they get 1k base points + 3k more from tech, for a total of 4k points. Their infra lets them buy any of the ships available, as they have at least 4k infra. Let's say they choose to buy 10 more frigates. this gives them 16 frigates Total.

Destroyers, Corvettes, and Frigates are multiplied by x2

5) Nuclear Rules

5MT yield for silo nukes, 1MT yield for submarine launched nukes.

Spying and Spyrolls
  • Before a spyroll can be requested, there must be prior roleplay to establish that not only is there a mission to covertly infiltrate/wreak havoc/influence politics/steal intelligence from a nation, but that there is also an operative who will be conducting said mission. Use your head to determine how much is needed. A one-liner is not sufficient.
  • Upon needing the spyroll, a screenshot will be provided to the GMs with the odds against the in-game nation of the RP player you wish to conduct spy operations against. Be sure to hover over and give us the percentage so we can make an accurate roll.
  • Upon either success or failure, the effects of the spyroll should be appropriately roleplayed out. There are no instant wins, or instant detections. Neither side can immediately claim to know something based off of one successful roll, but it shouldn't be totally impossible in the case of a failure either
GM roles and voting

3 GMs are to be voted upon every 2 months after a 48 hour nomination period. You may vote for yourself for GM but you may not nominate yourself.

The voting period for a GM is 48 hours, the same amount of time for a nomination period. GMs may not serve consecutive terms.

The role of the GM is to not create a body of precedents.

A GM makes rolls for spy attacks, makes SDI rolls, and if they are faced with an argument that is at a complete impasse, with both parties unwilling to resolve the problem, they can choose to make a 50/50 roll to resolve it.

No one expects a GM to hold a degree in Weapons design, or for them to have served 20 years in the Armed forces. A GM's job is encourage roleplay to keep moving along. Further, they facilitate votes on rules, polls for rules, and discussion on problems relating to specific role players.

GM decisions are a case by case situation as each RP is unique and the role players involved are different.

Autoadvances are to be granted every 7 days after the requesting rper can demonstrate they attempted to make contact.

Community Driven Rules

The above set of rules is by no means complete. The members of the community have a voice in deciding what the rules are and how they should be applied. Members of the CNRP2 community can post discussion threads to talk about new rules, old rules, and/or changing the rules.

Polls can be posted as well, however, GM polls are the official measure of the community's desire to modify, remove, or add new rules. Edited by Lynneth

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since "mona lisa" was actually not that person, can I roll into the British Isles with proper RP? The only reason I didn't roll in there before was because they got to it before me. And I only rerolled into Sri Lanka because I thought I'd be out of the middle of the conflict, and Britain was taken. Instead, I am sitting in the middle of the battleground ocean and the place I wanted to be is now open. Do you see my dilemma?

I'm voting for all three of you so fucking do it. :colbert:

please

Since "mona lisa" was actually not that person, can I roll into the British Isles with proper RP? The only reason I didn't roll in there before was because they got to it before me. And I only rerolled into Sri Lanka because I thought I'd be out of the middle of the conflict, and Britain was taken. Instead, I am sitting in the middle of the battleground ocean and the place I wanted to be is now open. Do you see my dilemma?

I'm voting for all three of you so !@#$@#$ do it. :colbert:

please

It's open, so I assume it's like rerolling into any white space.

Why were my protectorates and Southern Italy land holdings ignored?

The bottom three provinces of Southern Italy  on the boot should be marked as Sparta, further all of Turkey/Greece, Italy, Lebanon, and Syria should be sparta protectorates.  I believe nutmeg needs to talk to me before just DOEing.

Why were my protectorates and Southern Italy land holdings ignored?

The bottom three provinces of Southern Italy  on the boot should be marked as Sparta, further all of Turkey/Greece, Italy, Lebanon, and Syria should be sparta protectorates.  I believe nutmeg needs to talk to me before just DOEing.

Nobody told me about the protectorate.

As for the land, I refer you to this post: Click

Evidently I chose a poor time to take a vacation. It does appear I was in fact one post short for my annexation of Sumatra and Malaysia, since you are changing the requirements and I am not certain of what my requirements will be, I will link to the 7 posts I did make including for for today, and would like to know how many posts I will be required to make to fully annex to aforementioned territories.

Sumatra and Malaysia, Thailand up to Druk Yul border.

Liaoning.

Kamchatka

And will be completed in about 6 hours, unless the "day" clock is a full 24 hours, in which case I will simply wait the required length of time.

Evidently I chose a poor time to take a vacation. It does appear I was in fact one post short for my annexation of Sumatra and Malaysia, since you are changing the requirements and I am not certain of what my requirements will be, I will link to the 7 posts I did make including for for today, and would like to know how many posts I will be required to make to fully annex to aforementioned territories.

Sumatra and Malaysia, Thailand up to Druk Yul border.

[Links]

Liaoning.

[All Legit]

Kamchatka

[All Legit, but one too few]

And will be completed in about 6 hours, unless the "day" clock is a full 24 hours, in which case I will simply wait the required length of time.

As the bulk of your posts concerning Sumatra, peninsular Malaysia and parts of Thailand were made before my announcement of 'cleaning up', I'll offer you the same courtesy I did Cent, ie you will be permitted to annex all those areas this one time. I would ask, however, that you consider taking only Sumatra or Malaysia/Thailand, as the combined population of those territories exceed 70 million people. Entirely voluntary however, see the grandfathering I did for Cent.

I would like everyone to note that the 'grandfathering' is only going to happen in this post. All further annexations have had enough time to adjust to the clarified rules. There is [i]nothing[/i] new or changed about the requirements, they are only clarified through my interpretation of the rules, and more rigidly applied while also permitting flexibility for certain regions that would otherwise take a hundred posts to integrate. If you have a problem with how I interpreted the rules, either get people to vote for new rules or new GMs to reinterpret them unanimously (as I haven't seen Biohazard nor Rudolph voice disagreement with my interpretation).

Please add the Iraqi provinces of Arbil, As-Sulaymāniyyah, Diyālā, Wasit, Misan, Dohuk and Kirkuk as Persian provinces.

Gonna need links to all posts you made. Please keep the clarified rules in mind, and if grandfathering applies, the requests I'm making to the others.

Half of India has been added to Druk Yul per treaty and RP:

[Various Links]

This region will continue to be developed in active roleplay.

All legit, for the most part the same grandfathering applies as to Mogar. However, India is positively [i]massive[/i]. I would appreciate very much if you were to integrate 'only' two provinces at most (the ones closest to current territory perhaps) and work on the others in time. The territory you're claiming has how many hundred million people? ~500-600 mil?

Please add Eastern Province, Makkah, Riyadh, Al Bahah Regions, Asir, Jizan and Najran Provinces to Novak.

[Links]

Grandfathering, etc. However, as the provinces claimed by you contain ~22 million people (out of Saudi Arabia's ~30 mil), I would ask you to consider splitting the integration up in a way that would add about a third of the total population per 7 posts (as each named province has under 7.5 mil people). I'd appreciate that.

The Crozet Islands (A non-contested portion of the South Indian Ocean islands) now belong to FUSAR.

[Links]

Technically, posts 1-2 and 3-4 read august 4 and 6 by GMT+1, but looking at the time there's around 20 hours or more between the posts, which is the time-span I had recommended in the OP. Legit for me, will add in the next update.