A Petition to the Community at Large: Regarding PZI

Neo Uruk

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you defend someone making a joke of a real life accident?

Class.

To be fair, he didn't [i]defend[/i] the comment -- he just said one is not comparable to the other .. Which is quite true ... :|

But do we need to be trying to perpetuate more OOC/IC crossing? The thread was dead for a couple days.

To be fair, he didn't defend the comment -- he just said one is not comparable to the other .. Which is quite true ... :|

But do we need to be trying to perpetuate more OOC/IC crossing? The thread was dead for a couple days.

How exactly is it not comparable to the other?

Explain.

Also - why should we be persecuting Rota to the point he deleted, yet, allow ex-MK and their crew to perpetuate OOC incidents which continue to this day? This is not the only example, just a public one, coming at a time when the community claimed to be cracking down on OOC incidents.

To be honest, it's a very tasteless comment, and I hope Oya realises such, but I will say that Rota continued to push after the initial overstep.
Time will tell on this I guess.

Yes, Rota certainly made it worse after the fact. My guess is O ya crawls back into his cave.

Edited by Starfox101

Disgusting comment by o ya baby. To mock someones [ooc death] while smirking is beyond the pale and just goes to show the despicable nature of some of these types, who approach /b/tard levels of tastelessness.

Moo and I had a great many disagreements but that is not cause to mock such an incident.

So you defend someone making a joke of a real life accident?

Class.

Er, I'll PM you about this.

But yes, it was out of line.

I'm tempted to bring up protecting him to NATO gov, purely because it would annoy so many of you people

Damn, that's some serious win right there11!!1 Edited by Neo Uruk

Just close this thread. When the founder of said thread defends one OOC attack, and uses another one to help run someone out of the game, you know he is manipulating common morals to achieve a personal goal.

Perhaps the next time this is brought up, it will be started by someone who is consistent across the board on OOC attacks.

Regardless, you played down what O ya said, and basically attempted to argue it as a lesser OOC attack. That simply doesn't exist. If you wish to rile the community up to PZI one player for an OOC attack, apply it across the board. It was noted many times that you were the wrong person to start this thread, and now it is abundantly clear why. No amount of sarcastic responses will change that.

Regardless, you played down what O ya said, and basically attempted to argue it as a lesser OOC attack. That simply doesn't exist. If you wish to rile the community up to PZI one player for an OOC attack, apply it across the board. It was noted many times that you were the wrong person to start this thread, and now it is abundantly clear why. No amount of sarcastic responses will change that.

Severity and intent are a factor, in my opinion. Would you give someone who !@#$ in your yard the same speech as someone who painted your car seven different colors?

I've agreed that what oyb did is fucking stupid, but it isn't Rota stupid. Also, I didn't rile the community up to PZI one player for an OOC attack, read the goddamn OP. Edited by Neo Uruk

That's probably the most random comparison ever. I have trouble even picturing that one.

Regardless, you and others have attempted to portray this as different than Rota. Yes, Rota continued and dug a massive hole. The only difference is Rota did that in public.

As I said

You're also cowards.  Half of you stand lockstep beside the people and AAs who've committed these attacks, sucking their teats and turning your heads, mocking people like ChairmanHal or me who sincerely care about this subject while it suited your political goals, yucking it up and high-fiving your low friends in high places.  But now we must purge the planet of the unaligned Rota scum to save our souls.  Get bent.

DBDC's members can make as many OOC attacks as they want.

So you want a witch hunt - this can easily be arranged. But - this means you and I must also be purged. You and I have also admitted within the confines of this thread of being guilty of an occurrence or two. Is what you admitted to 'comparable' to telling someone their friend deserved to be killed? Or was it a 'lesser OOC infraction'?

The difference is in bold. Oya made a distasteful comment - but like you and I, it isn't an on-going and unapologetic or even proud common occurrence. It's not something worth creating a public huzzah about. There's better venue's to chase down and deal with such situations rather than creating a public frenzy in this fashion for every single infraction and insisting each and every person be chased down by the entire public at large.

Insisting each and everyone be chased down by creating a thread [or bumping an almost dead thread to link back to another thread] is just perpetuating the IC/OOC divide.

No one's condoning or saying Oyah is ok for what he said .....

This has a strong scent of the apathy that people associate with IC-neutralism ...

Ok - so we didn't do anything as a community about Biodad ...... And other such incidences .... So, we'll just keep rolling over/turning the other cheek/forgive and forget for everyone who crosses over the boundry ... No point in setting any limits in the future because we haven't in the past ... 

We've gotta come together as a community and put an end to all this !@#$, to prevent future Biodad-like scenarios ... Otherwise we're giving them [whomever wishes to perpetrate] a free pass to do as they wish ..

Since so many wish to allow such a gray area in IC/OOC, we must draw a line in the sand. And we must maintain it. We are our own guards.

To be fair, he didn't defend the comment -- he just said one is not comparable to the other .. Which is quite true ... :|

I am a confuse

So you want a witch hunt - this can easily be arranged. But - this means you and I must also be purged. You and I have also admitted within the confines of this thread of being guilty of an occurrence or two. Is what you admitted to 'comparable' to telling someone their friend deserved to be killed? Or was it a 'lesser OOC infraction'?

The difference is in bold. Oya made a distasteful comment - but like you and I, it isn't an on-going and unapologetic or even proud common occurrence. It's not something worth creating a public huzzah about. There's better venue's to chase down and deal with such situations rather than creating a public frenzy in this fashion for every single infraction and insisting each and every person be chased down by the entire public at large.

Insisting each and everyone be chased down by creating a thread [or bumping an almost dead thread to link back to another thread] is just perpetuating the IC/OOC divide.

Where he apologize?

Edited by Yonsae

Yeah Rota, you are confused.

Putting an end to the bullshit is exactly not perpetuating it. Open threads of rage perpetuate the divide.

Handling the situations in quieter ways than these public witch hunts is still handling the situations and maintaining our lines.

:facepalm:

I really hope everyone else understands what Schattenman is talking about.

Do you feel like you scored a point with anyone with that?

Here, let me help you out.

If my post was OOC by way of 'real name' towards Rota by using the Rota character name, then all your references of "your" accomplishments as Junkalunka et al are just as OOC. They are not about Tywin Lannister, they are about your other personalities. You are perpetuating the IC/OOC with every post you, Tywin Lannister, claim to be anything Junkalunka was.

I really hope you understand what Schattenman is talking about.

And what Starfox is talking about, those references to yourself in the OOC manner are entirely deplorable and you must be removed from the game as well for such heinous and disgusting OOC remarks - because all OOC remarks are the same.

And now I must as well. Edited by Rayvon

Do you feel like you scored a point with anyone with that?

Here, let me help you out.

If my post was OOC by way of 'real name' towards Rota by using the Rota character name, then all your references of "your" accomplishments as Junkalunka et al are just as OOC. They are not about Tywin Lannister, they are about your other personalities. You are perpetuating the IC/OOC with every post you, Tywin Lannister, claim to be anything Junkalunka was.

I really hope you understand what Schattenman is talking about.

And what Starfox is talking about, those references to yourself in the OOC manner are entirely deplorable and you must be removed from the game as well for such heinous and disgusting OOC remarks - because all OOC remarks are the same.

And now I must as well.

The difference is I embrace all of my old embodiments as one continuous IC character. The only reason I rerolled in the first place was to evade EZI. I actually wrote this into my storyline in the autobiographical video in my sig, and I accept whatever consequences this may bring in the future... it was a decision of my own free will.

Rotavele, on the other hand, is attempting to escape old prejudices and harassment and start fresh with a clean slate, which you and others are unwilling to let happen.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Go ahead and try and purge me. My last offense would probably be 6-7 years ago back when I was in LUE and would probably be nothing more than saying NPOers were nerds irl. Which, while wrong, is not even close to what is being discussed here. Honestly, I've never really gotten too close with anyone in this game to be going around making comments in back channels, or even enough to learn about people's lives other than what is posted here. I prefer it that way.

Do you really want to claim that OOC events coming from MK and ex-MK crowd are not common? I guarantee with very little searching I could dig numerous stuff up on O ya. That's the thing with the MK crowd, it's everywhere for everyone to see. You are seriously arguing this is a first, and one time event from Oyababy? Sure, Rayvon. The dude hasn't even apologized.

Anyway, you missed the point of me putting that in this thread. There was a huge (faux) outrage about Rota's comments, and a collective "meh" from the same people who chased Rota out. You understand the point I was getting at, right? It's all hypocrisy - the exact point Schattenmann was hitting earlier in this thread, multiple times. There's no consistency unless it supports your position politically.

(Nothing against you specifically Ray, I pick your post because it's good in presenting a point of view I completely disagree with.)

First, Starfox is not saying that everyone having made "OOC attacks" should be purged, but that it's hypocritical of those that made, make and most probably will continue to make "OOC attacks", and/or that support/defend in the game and on the forums people guilty of that, to go on a witch hunt against anyone making OOC attacks as well. Schattenmann was presenting a similar point of view.

Second, it turns out that o ya baby is an excellent example of what you'd call a repeat offender. "Biodadbaby" created "that" thread on the MK forums and his posts there were a Christmas tree of OOC attacks. When the main victim of that enormous collective OOC abuse wrote them a letter that was posted in that thread, letter in which, among many other things, they said "In playing this game I never imagined someone would actually use a RL nightmare as a weapon for an attack on someone", biodadbaby's immediate reply was "bahhahahahahahaha" and he then added another sexually-based OOC attack against that person, just for good measure. Mentioning just these few facts is even making an injustice to oya's prolific contribution to that situation. It wasn't even the only other situation in which he graced everyone with his finesse. Go figure.

If you care to pay attention to facts, you will also notice how oya didn't make any show of regret for his most recent OOC attack, his only further comment that could maybe be considered on that topic (but I don't think so) was "This topic is not failing to deliver".

Anyway, I don't fault oya for not apologizing: he wouldn't be credible in the slightest, anyway. I'd just wish that he stopped being like that, or that he moved as far as possible otherwise.

Third, who gave you, Starfox, Rey or anyone else the duty/right to vigil over CN, and to be jury and executioner? Why should any of the other players trust that you are never wrong in your decisions about who gets or not to play the game? Or would we want to start talking of possible intentional abuses of vigilantism? I know who only I trust to never abuse absolute power here, thank you, and none of them is "just" a player.

I don't even want to know if oya should get punished for that (very bad) OOC post: it's not my call to make and I will never advocate for in-game actions against him for whatever good/bad OOC stuff he does. At most, I could have reported his post for others to judge the situation, if that hadn't already been done.

By the way, what do you think that IC action can actually do? Oya recently spied on my nation because of some OOC post of mine - not that he cared to confront me about the issue before doing it, by the way: again a classy and clever way to go - and I guess he would have attacked it, hadn't it been in Peace Mode. Did that prevent me from posting in any way? Isn't this a post? Isn't the whole idea completely retarded?

Fourth and last, you're right that we as a community should change, and draw a line in the sand. Starfox said that "majority of us are guilty of some form of OOC attack at some point"... well, no, that's not actually the case. There are lots of players that are able to be always nice towards the other players of this game, and we should take example from them, also asking to our "friends" to do the same. It really isn't anything more than that: be the change that you wish for.

Also, when you think that something is wrong, stand up and speak against it, even if it means that you're going to be confronted by an angry mob. Much of my respect to the one that was first to speak against this lynching: your bravery and your integrity didn't go unnoticed, maxfiles.