Inactivity discussion, Community Role Play

Captain Enema

Let's do it.

I say 2 weeks from your last IC post of any sort in the Fantasy forum for Community role play. No notifications will be made from the GM team, its yalls job to supervise your own bidness.

As a roll out of this rule, the clock will start over for all nations on the map the moment this ruling is accepted by vote.

Am I still able to have spain and portugal marked on the map?

Of course, why wouldn't you?

Back on topic.

I was wondering the same thing honestly as soon as I saw this discussion.

I agree with the OP's proposal, but would also add that in the event of a ban (which honestly should be unlikely) the nation reverts to whitespace.

I'd like to dispute this because apparently it's already like this.....

*one line of silence in memory of Mein Germany*

I'd like to propose that after a ban you have 5 days of suspension before appeal. In the future a banned nation gets 1 week on the map for appeals.

I'd also like to suggest the two weeks inactive thing be reduced to one week. If someone doesn't role play for a week, and doesn't provide proper notice (Vacation, Court, Business Trip, etc), than they are not that interested in the role play.

Not interested in doing the bookwork on banned nations or their appeals. You get banned, you lose your nation, and good luck if you get reinstated.

This needs to be a kiss simple policy with as few fiddly bits as possible. Less is more.

Well you are the GM so I won't argue it. I don't think well have another situation where a banned nation becomes unbanned again.

I do think we need to elect a record keeper though. Even if just to make a historical timeline for notable events. I'll do it and update it whenever I take my vyvanse.

Two weeks without notice and three to four weeks with notice, imo. Knowing how utterly crazy RL can get for people (From all walks of life and that jazz), so I think that three to four weeks with notice should be good enough for the members of the community.

It's called reroll somewhere else.

So we got 2 weeks and 3 weeks seeming to be the prevailing options.

Anything else?

Can we make it if a GM gets banned for any circumstances, they lose their GM position too and an emergency recite is called by the other GMs?

Can we make it if a GM gets banned for any circumstances, they lose their GM position too and an emergency recite is called by the other GMs?

In what universe do you live?

Why in the world would a GM keep anything if they get banned? It wouldn't even be a recall vote, they'd just cease to be a GM and there would be an immediate nomination period for a new GM. If the GM somehow got unbanned, they'd be allowed back as an RPer, with a new place on the map, and would be allowed to run for a GM slot in the next election. 

And no, I'm not going to put this in as a rule, it's common sense.

Learn some.

Two weeks without notice and three to four weeks with notice, imo. Knowing how utterly crazy RL can get for people (From all walks of life and that jazz), so I think that three to four weeks with notice should be good enough for the members of the community.

I like the sentiment behind this as long as we aren't dicking people over when they give notice.

user: "i'll be back in 2 months"

gm: "okay well in one month your shit dies lol bye"

I like the sentiment behind this as long as we aren't dicking people over when they give notice.

gm: "okay well in one month your !@#$ dies lol bye"

I'd pretty much just say that, minus the snarky part.

Notification has to come from the rper as well. We should have a thread, much like the cnrp vacation thread, in which they can inform us all that they are going to be gone from such and such a date. If that is longer than 30 days, adios. 

gm: "okay well in one month your !@#$ dies lol bye"

To be honest if someone will be gone for two months they might as well re-roll. To put it in perspective, two months ago was Easter. If someone has been gone since Easter, then they might as well re-roll.

This looks reasonable to me. I'd support this.

To be honest if someone will be gone for two months they might as well re-roll. To put it in perspective, two months ago was Easter. If someone has been gone since Easter, then they might as well re-roll.

Easter was only two months ago? That shit felt like it happened in 1976

Easter was only two months ago? That !@#$ felt like it happened in 1976

I know right. That's why I'm saying, if someone's been gone for that long they're not going to be very relevant on return.

I feel that longer absences should be able to be appealed to the community. If somebody has put a lot of RP into a nation, but has a long term requirement IRL, then why not give them the ability to ask the community to vote on the freezing of their nation for that time? It would place an emphasis on good RP. If somebody doesn't do jack, the community would have no reason to vote for them.

Of course if they miss the deadline established by the vote, then they'd be wiped.

Edited by Uberstein

I feel that longer absences should be able to be appealed to the community. If somebody has put a lot of RP into a nation, but has a long term requirement IRL, then why not give them the ability to ask the community to vote on the freezing of their nation for that time? It would place an emphasis on good RP. If somebody doesn't do jack, the community would have no reason to vote for them.

Of course if they miss the deadline established by the vote, then they'd be wiped.

Do we really need a voting thread for this? Or could they just ask for a GM decision and be done with it?

I like a 2-3 week inactivity limit, 3-4 weeks with a notice. And I especially like Uber's suggestion.

This seems fine to me. Though I don't particularly care about voting for longer absences, since I'll probably just ignore most voting threads. :P