1 year in the real world = How many CN years?

Poppa Clam

Dunno how it works for RP purposes to create a number that makes nation rulers 250+ years old.

Works for some of us vampire-smiley-10.gif

Planet Bob has nothing to do with earth or anything in "reality."  The "year" cycle is whatever we want.  Why?  Because we have nukes and every now and then there is mass chaos and destruction where everyone uses them and I'm here to have fun and thinking about that in relation to anything in the "real world" completely and utterly destroys the fun I am having. 

therefore, your question means nothing.  it's like bringing up peace mode on a forum discussing peace in the real world.  Peace what?

This I agree with.

Pretty hard to reflect it into a real world context... I guess you could say the 1 RL = 50 CN years ratio would be fairly close. If your trying to consider the cycles of Global Wars as the benchmark.

The main structural difference when relating CN to the real world is that you probably need to think of CN nations instead as local region states / shire town councils etc and Alliances as the actual Nations they belong to.

Well a AH-64 Apache in game costs $13,000 (less then my car lol!), in the real world your looking at say $20,000,000 going off Wikipedia, so using that known benchmark your looking at a CN $1 = RL $1538 ratio. Would a nuke cost 1.5 Billion a pop? Id say that's getting close to the mark if your mass producing them USA or Russia style and not considering developmental research costs (MP wonder purchase?).

The county political office of Max Power. I like it.

The $1 -> $1500 thing could work pretty well. The main issue I have with these comparisons, which makes any scaling up of tax/bill/purchase dollars even weirder, is that each of my inhabitants already makes $500+ per day. Scaling up, wow, I'd love to make $75K per day. Guess it's not worth the twice-a-year nukings though. CN citizens work in uranium/iron/coal mines in radioactive war zones and get massive hazard pay, I suppose?

• 3 weeks later...