Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

EaTeMuP

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this really a war over guides??????????????????? 

It's more over denying everything and deleting the accounts of those sent to investigate.  He was already expelled for creating an alliance while still on our AA, and the stealing of guides came out as the situation progressed.

Is anyone besides me wondering what some of the mindless hailers in this thread would have said if GOONS or MK did this?

Rush I can only speak for myself. If GOONS, MK or indeed yourselves had someone living as a member in your alliance while running another alliance on the quiet and copying stuff from your boards to use there, I'd believe that person was a thief. If that person was not just a member but indeed the leader of that alliance and you declared war on them for it, I would hail it as justified!

Is anyone besides me wondering what some of the mindless critics in this thread would have said if GOONS or MK did this?

Glass house, two way street, etc

I will let my personal record speak for itself. About 2 months prior to my retirement, one of our allies had this exact thing happen to them. I told them war over it was completely absurd. 99% of all guides in CN are already publicly disseminated. If you believe they are not, then you are kidding yourselves. Every alliance has had leaks from their private gov forums, try to rationalize to yourself that if those sensitive things that only a few  people can access, always get out, what do you think the state of your "intellectual property" is that literally every member has access to. 

I will let my personal record speak for itself. About 2 months prior to my retirement, one of our allies had this exact thing happen to them. I told them war over it was completely absurd. 99% of all guides in CN are already publicly disseminated. If you believe they are not, then you are kidding yourselves. Every alliance has had leaks from their private gov forums, try to rationalize to yourself that if those sensitive things that only a few  people can access, always get out, what do you think the state of your "intellectual property" is that literally every member has access to. 

Well, that is surprising but good to know. In a sense, I agree. Guides are readily available. However, they are still intended to be used for one single alliance only, and if they are not made public to anyone else, it should be kept that way. It's no different than someone leaking NpO forum posts. In addition, this guy did a little more than just steal guides. The war will likely be very short, and the punishment will fit the crime. By no means is NpO planning to destroy this poor kid over it. Just a life lesson that will open his eyes a little bit.

This is so awesome! You are telling me someone can be a member of TLR and another alliance at the same time and freely copy from your boards to the other alliance and it's ok?

brb applying!

Rush, you must be either completely ignorant or so blinkered by your politics that your reading comprehension is compromised.

If you are capable of understanding the concept, and I know this is a very long stretch for you, we attempted to discuss the situation with Rayan and he deleted the accounts on his forum of both our Regent and our Imperial Liaison.  I have no doubt that we would have reached an amicable solution to the situation, but diplomacy is a two way dance.  Diplomacy fails when one party refuses to engage and even extend the most basic of courtesy to those attempting to resolve the situation.

I know it suits your purpose and massages your ego to continually attempt to smear my alliance, but your tendency to fixate on one aspect of the issue shows how desperate your attempts are. 

Edited by AlmightyGrub

This is so awesome! You are telling me someone can be a member of TLR and another alliance at the same time and freely copy from your boards to the other alliance and it's ok?

brb applying!

If we choose to approve the application of a member... the risk of our guides going public is inherent to that act. It is something I simply do not care about. Every alliance's guides are pretty much the same (I know this to be true because I would estimate I have read 30 or 40, and they all teach the same thing)... there is nothing that anyone can learn about Planet Bob from a Polar guide that they cannot learn about Planet Bob  from a TLR guide or an NPO guide or a GGA guide or a Hooligans guide (i think you get my point). The one thing I will give you guys in this regard is that the leader in question clearly does need his eyes open if he felt he needed to be all clandestine about acquiring guides that will properly teach his new alliance. So, I do have a modicum of support for the life lesson he is being given, I further have a ton of support for the possibility of causing another unneeded micro to fold because we have too many of them anyways. I dont really care about WHAT you are doing, but I am amused by WHY.

If we choose to approve the application of a member... the risk of our guides going public is inherent to that act. It is something I simply do not care about. Every alliance's guides are pretty much the same (I know this to be true because I would estimate I have read 30 or 40, and they all teach the same thing)... there is nothing that anyone can learn about Planet Bob from a Polar guide that they cannot learn about Planet Bob  from a TLR guide or an NPO guide or a GGA guide or a Hooligans guide (i think you get my point). The one thing I will give you guys in this regard is that the leader in question clearly does need his eyes open if he felt he needed to be all clandestine about acquiring guides that will properly teach his new alliance. So, I do have a modicum of support for the life lesson he is being given, I further have a ton of support for the possibility of causing another unneeded micro to fold because we have too many of them anyways. I dont really care about WHAT you are doing, but I am amused by WHY.

Read the OP again with your eyes actually open and all will be revealed.

Rush, you must be either completely ignorant or so blinkered by your politics that your reading comprehension is compromised.

If you are capable of understand the concept, and I know this is a very long stretch for you, we attempted to discuss the situation with Rayan and he deleted the accounts on his forum of both our Regent and our Imperial Liaison.  I have no doubt that we would have reached an amicable solution to the situation, but diplomacy is a two way dance.  Diplomacy fails when one party refuses to engage and even extend the most basic of courtesy to those attempting to resolve the situation.

I know it suits your purpose and massages your ego to continually attempt to smear my alliance, but your tendency to fixate on one aspect of the issue shows how desperate your attempts are. 

Well, in Rayan's defense, I would suggest given your alliance's history of not coming to amicable understandings in diplomatically charged situations, it may be perfectly reasonable to think that he could have seen no positive outcome to diplomatic discourse. This is not sour grapes coming from someone who does not much care for your alliance (it is pretty public that I do not, I do not shy away from that), but you have a history. I do not know if he was or was not aware of that history, but that is not particularly relevant. Your alliance's attempts at diplomatically amicable solutions in the past have seen some high profile failures. New regime, I get it, but history does not go away. Given the failures to reach a diplomatically amicable solution with relevant world powers in the past, what hope would a 5 man micro have? I do not know that it is his line of thought (in fact, it probably is not), but as someone who has been on the other end of failed "diplomatically amicable" solution tries not once, not twice, but three times in the past, I am , naturally, skeptical of any possibility of success for this Rayan guy.

Edited by Rush Sykes

Well, in Rayan's defense, I would suggest given your alliance's history of not coming to amicable understandings in diplomatically charged situations, it may be perfectly reasonable to think that he could have seen no positive outcome to diplomatic discourse. This is not sour grapes coming from someone who does not much care for your alliance (it is pretty public that I do not, I do not shy away from that), but you have a history. I do not know if he was or was not aware of that history, but that is not particularly relevant. Your alliance's attempts at diplomatically amicable solutions in the past have seen some high profile failures. New regime, I get it, but history does not go away. Given the failures to reach a diplomatically amicable solution with relevant world powers in the past, what hope would a 5 man micro have? I do not know that it is his line of thought (in fact, it probably is not), but as someone who has been on the other end of failed "diplomatically amicable" solution tries not once, not twice, but three times in the past, I am , naturally, skeptical of any possibility of success for this Rayan guy.

Please continue to hate us Rush it makes me very uncomfortable when Bob's bottom feeders start hailing us.

Rush isn't upset, he just likes the sound of his own voice too much to stop posting

Well, you are right that I am not upset. I just think a more valid reason to roll them would be "We need no more micros".. rather than 'RAWR intellectual property"... Death to micros... etc. etc...

Please continue to hate us Rush it makes me very uncomfortable when Bob's bottom feeders start hailing us.

Sadly, I do not hate you. I do, however, detest you personally, and due largely to your actions and your regime, I greatly dislike Polar as a whole. As for you calling me a bottom feeder, I find that cute, and I want to pinch your cheeks.

Edited by Rush Sykes

Following your line of thought Rush, we should admit that events like this have happened a lot of times in the past and will keep happening in the future. To us or any other alliance.

So why do you think there are so few DoW's about "stolen guides" nowadays?

Because like any sensible alliance we solve these things diplomatically. This time around we were shut down by the offender... so yeah. These guys had the chance to have this solved diplomatically... they declined it.

Following your line of thought Rush, we should admit that events like this have happened a lot of times in the past and will keep happening in the future. To us or any other alliance.

So why do you think there are so few DoW's about "stolen guides" nowadays?

Because like any sensible alliance we solve these things diplomatically. This time around we were shut down by the offender... so yeah. These guys had the chance to have this solved diplomatically... they declined it.

If only the bolded part had been the case in the past, I may not feel the way I feel. Funny how that works.

Most of us don't live in the past. Funny how that works.

Living in the past vs having the past be the foundation and basis for the present, are not the same thing. I am not "living" in the past. I simply have been given nothing in the present to change what was already there. Should I just erase everything? History is always our greatest teacher.