Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

EaTeMuP

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is simply what it is.  There are multiple ways to deal with a problem, some end in war, some end in peace.  Diplomacy is not my thing comrade, I like war, win or lose.

Heh, if only more thought this way. Cheers

In my Defence, I felt that the diplomatic mission was more hostile in appearance as the Polar Diplomats had not posted in the Diplomat Forum nor PMed me on the forums. I felt that as a result of that action, that it would be most necessary to protect the Alliance's security. Until AlmightyGrub actually made a Diplomatic Application, was I to rest easy... Maybe this might seem as a wrong course of action on my part, but when you are in charge of a small alliance that has existed for a few days, things are quite edgy... Especially when an alliance of 282 members comes knocking on your door.

I don't understand what is so intimidating about accounts on a message board. But hey, your prerogative.

To expand on what Grub just said, it's funny that people are focusing on one part of the DoW and not the rest of it.  All of this is just typical strawman tactics by the opponent.  Turn "This guy broke multiple rules that he agreed to including: being in multiple alliances at once and copying guides, then acted with hostility when diplomacy was attempted and is now getting his ass kicked" into "this guy stole guides and is getting killed for it" makes it a lot easier to argue with, but it doesn't make it the truth.

Rush:  Stealing guides has always been grounds for war since the beginning of time.  Nowadays we usually handle it with diplomacy, diplomacy failed here, thus we are at war.  No more, no less.

Also, the one liner "why would anyone want Polar's guides?" was old before it was posted on the front page, it's now tiresome, stop.

To expand on what Grub just said, it's funny that people are focusing on one part of the DoW and not the rest of it.  All of this is just typical strawman tactics by the opponent.  Turn "This guy broke multiple rules that he agreed to including: being in multiple alliances at once and copying guides, then acted with hostility when diplomacy was attempted and is now getting his ass kicked" into "this guy stole guides and is getting killed for it" makes it a lot easier to argue with, but it doesn't make it the truth.

Rush:  Stealing guides has always been grounds for war since the beginning of time.  Nowadays we usually handle it with diplomacy, diplomacy failed here, thus we are at war.  No more, no less.

Also, the one liner "why would anyone want Polar's guides?" was old before it was posted on the front page, it's now tiresome, stop.

Dude, sneezing in the wrong direction has been grounds for war since the beginning of time. It does not make it a good reason. You also totally ignore your alliance's history with diplomacy. It is NOT an uncommon feeling from alot of alliances on BOTH sides of the current global war, that "diplomatic overtures" from your alliance have a long and storied history of failing miserably, and seldom because of the other party involved. You literally expect everyone to just accept that your diplomacy is in good faith (it may be, and I  believe you WANT it to be)... but it is nobody's fault but your won alliance's that most people are skeptical.

Nice to see Mr. Sykes really cares about PNU and is leaping to their defense out of the goodness of his heart. We could all use that sort of zealous advocacy when things go wrong.

Wow, there are five pages on a topic for a war that was effectively ended almost as soon as it began?

PNU has admitted wrongdoing. What I have yet to see is any indication on NpO's part as to what it intends to do to the four nations solely under that AA, or the person that engaged in wrongdoing himself. Are you going to ZI a bunch of newbs? Force them to join the NpO? Exact revenge on the thief and ignore the rest? Install a viceroy to guide those four lost souls?

C'mon, guys. Let's focus on the thing that really matters here, rather than all this silly semantics.

Edited by revolutionary rebel

Dude, sneezing in the wrong direction has been grounds for war since the beginning of time. It does not make it a good reason. You also totally ignore your alliance's history with diplomacy. It is NOT an uncommon feeling from alot of alliances on BOTH sides of the current global war, that "diplomatic overtures" from your alliance have a long and storied history of failing miserably, and seldom because of the other party involved. You literally expect everyone to just accept that your diplomacy is in good faith (it may be, and I  believe you WANT it to be)... but it is nobody's fault but your won alliance's that most people are skeptical.

"I hate the NpO and my friends hate the NpO so it's likely that this person hates the NpO in which case he has every right to steal your stuff and refuse to talk to you."  Are you kidding?  This guy is obviously new, he has no history, he doesn't care that you or other people in the past don't like the NpO.

You're trying way too hard here.  I don't care how much you hate someone, if you're not going to talk to them when they have a legitimate grievance towards you, then you can't expect them to not act on it.

Nice to see Mr. Sykes really cares about PNU and is leaping to their defense out of the goodness of his heart. We could all use that sort of zealous advocacy when things go wrong.

Rush just cares too much, his heart is too big for this cruel world

I have never deflected the fact that I could not care less about PNU. In fact, I care nothing about them at all. What I do care about are catch phrases like "xxxxxx has always been acceptable"... coming from people who speak as though they are here to protect the sanctity of some unwritten rules in CN while handpicking the same unwritten rules they wish to totally ignore. It really is my only interest in this thread. The broader discussion was started because, for some unbeknownst reason people tried to question my objectivity, even after I freely admitted I have none. 

"I hate the NpO and my friends hate the NpO so it's likely that this person hates the NpO in which case he has every right to steal your stuff and refuse to talk to you."  Are you kidding?  This guy is obviously new, he has no history, he doesn't care that you or other people in the past don't like the NpO.

You're trying way too hard here.  I don't care how much you hate someone, if you're not going to talk to them when they have a legitimate grievance towards you, then you can't expect them to not act on it.

I am curious as to how I am trying too hard. You seem to think that I should just forget my extensive personal history with NpO and pretend like it never happened. If you have been given reasons (no matter how far in the past) to dislike someone, and in the meantime, been given 0 reasons to have changed that opinion, that it is somehow me who is at fault for not taking a giant eraser to the issues. Roll this micro. I do not care. Roll all the micros, I care nothing about them either (well except maybe DiCE, but even they know I do not think they should exist.) In the end, you are doing the broader game a giant favor. But do not portray it as the micro so offending you by dismissing  your magnanimous attempt at diplomacy (even if they did, which I believe they did)... your history in the real of diplomacy is one you have written, not others.

The New Polar Order declares war on Pan National Union for espionage, stupidity, and general rudeness.  When we attempted to contact them about the stealing of intellectual property, they banned and deleted the accounts of our Regent and Liason.

Emperor - Dajobo
Imperial Regent - EaTeMuP

these pan national people sound like they very bad. They also not respect official delegates. Polar people is good they not take such insults.

Rush cares so little he will post another 10 times to make sure you know just how little he cares

You have seriously become almost creepily a stalker to me, combine your incessant need to reply and specifically talk to me constantly , with your totally out of left field rant at me on IRC the other night (one in which even those in your coalition told you you were being creepy)... and you seriously may need to rethink your involvement in certain things.  You really are now crossing the line of just being creepy.

I don't hate the NpO, but I do know about the History of CN (General bits, the founding of the NpO, NPO, GATO, major conflicts, Dark Ages, etc.) In fact, deth2munkies, I do care about both spectrums of how the World sees the Polaris/Pacifica. It is fundamental to realize how CN evolved and how it effects us now. An old, wise man said, "To forget about the past, is to forget about the future"

Should have read more history, you might have noticed how many guide-stealing CBs there were out there in the old days.  Good to see you being honest though.

I have never deflected the fact that I could not care less about PNU. In fact, I care nothing about them at all. What I do care about are catch phrases like "xxxxxx has always been acceptable"... coming from people who speak as though they are here to protect the sanctity of some unwritten rules in CN while handpicking the same unwritten rules they wish to totally ignore. It really is my only interest in this thread. The broader discussion was started because, for some unbeknownst reason people tried to question my objectivity, even after I freely admitted I have none.

Unwritten rules are all we have.  Social acceptability of things is completely determined by how the masses perceive them, which is why FA, spin, and the OWF are so important.  In the past, guide stealing has been perceived as something that is a war worthy offense.  In the past, refusal to accept diplomats to discuss grievances has been a war worthy offense.  In the past, people who break the rules they accepted when they joined an alliance has been a war worthy offense.

What "unwritten rule" are we breaking here?  You're just making shit up now.

For the record, I do know that you're merely posting to elicit a hostile response and have nothing of value to add to the discussion, but I'm bored enough to actually respond to you.

You seem to think that I should just forget my extensive personal history with NpO and pretend like it never happened...blah blah blah.

No, I don't, but I don't think using personal grievances as a basis for a rational argument against something is a good thing to do. Edited by deth2munkies

Yes even in 2013 being in two alliances at once and copying the material from the boards of one to another isn't acceptable. Who'd have thought it!?!

It's hardly worth starting a war over. Except, of course, when your target is beaten before the war even starts and there aren't any real chances of repercussions.

This
is a flash back to the past. I remember when wars over guides were much
more prevelant. That was not a good time in history here, I'd hate to
see other things from that era come back as well ...

Oh please. The melodramatic nonsense coming from ~your side~ ITT almost makes me want to start posting in favor of Polar's actions.

---

PNU, if you guys need help writing guides or want some of ours, sign up on shangri-la.net and get a consulate and we can work something out.

You have seriously become almost creepily a stalker to me, combine your incessant need to reply and specifically talk to me constantly , with your totally out of left field rant at me on IRC the other night (one in which even those in your coalition told you you were being creepy)... and you seriously may need to rethink your involvement in certain things.  You really are now crossing the line of just being creepy.

Thanks for your sincere concern for my well being Rush