Another vote on preplanning

jeff744

Vote on preplanning  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted to abolish it as all it does is get in the way these days. As we have seen the majority of pre planning devolves into OOC complaining and whining and all it has really done is move said whining/complaining from the threads themselves to PMs which is in its own way a good thing but not good enough to avoid the problems cropping up with pre planning.

The major problem I have with pre planning is the ability for the GMs to allow/disallow waivers this simpyl should not be allowed. As the rule itself says if you provide proof of two pre planning attempts with out success from the other party you get a waiver. This waiver should not be optional it should be mandatory. If I have tried twice to pre plan without success I expect a waiver as I have followed the rule.

Now right now pre planning has not description for what it entails. Some might be long winded and detailed but others could be something as simple as saying "I intend to invade you". That right there is pre planning as you have informed the target of your intention to attack them and if they say no or refuse to recognize it then you tell them again and if they again say no then the waiver must be given to the attacker as they have followed the rule and the defender has not.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1347753123' post='3030587']
I have a [b]counterproposal[/b].

Punish those who excessively abuse the preplanning system by booting them from it, making that single player, for a duration determined by GMs, completely free-game, no preplanning at all required.
[/quote]
Agreed.

I agree. The recent preplanning showed that almost all parties could agree on the basics except for one individual who has constantly stalled the entire process. Getting rid of a system because of the acts of one individual is overdoing things: We should punish the individual, not destroy the system.

Side notes:

1. Another poll without discussions? That's just out of order.
2. Which time zone? CST? PST? GMT?

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1347754441' post='3030596']
I agree. The recent preplanning showed that almost all parties could agree on the basics except for one individual who has constantly stalled the entire process. Getting rid of a system because of the acts of one individual is overdoing things: We should punish the individual, not destroy the system.

Side notes:

1. Another poll without discussions? That's just out of order.
2. Which time zone? CST? PST? GMT?
[/quote]
game time.

Because kankou is making an issue that a GM didn't start it

[quote][16:39:55] <&KaiserMelech> If you want jeff, you can go make a poll to have the repeal of the rule voted on
[16:40:02] <&KaiserMelech> Take some damn initiative
[16:40:03] <+supercheese[mcxa]> do it
[16:40:24] <+jeff744> Has more authority when a GM starts it
[16:40:31] <+Koolkevz666> Bah CNRP is retarded now too many cry babies and rule lawyers
[16:40:32] <&KaiserMelech> Just remember to make the poll public or you'll never hear the end of it
[16:40:40] <+jeff744> or approves the pooll
[16:40:53] <&KaiserMelech> I approve you making this poll
[16:40:55] <&KaiserMelech> Go for it[/quote]

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1347764827' post='3030644']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=113121"]http://forums.cybern...howtopic=113121[/url]

Basically my thoughts.
[/quote]was another poll really necessary?

In any case, I support Lynneth's counter-proposal.

And if preplanning survives again, I'm pretty sure there will be another poll within one month and a half.

Which really brings up the question: Isn't this basically OOC harassing? Because one wants a free hand, one constantly engages in a war of attrition. I hope we make it a rule to stop these kind of constant poll making by having it so the same topic cannot be polled within a six month period.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1347817160' post='3030799']
And if preplanning survives again, I'm pretty sure there will be another poll within one month and a half.

Which really brings up the question: Isn't this basically OOC harassing? Because one wants a free hand, one constantly engages in a war of attrition. I hope we make it a rule to stop these kind of constant poll making by having it so the same topic cannot be polled within a six month period.
[/quote]
CNRP has become a democracy, and democracy is the will of the proletariat.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1347817160' post='3030799']

[/quote]

Lol. The unbelievable hypocrisy is just getting funny now. You're [i]always[/i] the one who talks about "if it passed a democratic community vote it stands" and stuff like that. Hilarious to no end that you want to restrict the democracy you stand by so firmly by limiting the amount of polls on an issue, just because you don't like how opposed people are to something you believe in.

!@#$, woman, you should run for office.

Oh, also, death to preplanning.

Edited by Domingo the Honored

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1347834909' post='3030879']
Thus if it's the will of the people to restrict the number of polls on the same topic, so shall it be the law.

Translation: I'm suggesting we start a new poll after this.
[/quote]
I believe [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxt9PoJNkg&list=FL43csBnf1Wv0ihi8QisTEww"]this[/url] sums up my feelings nicely.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1347836008' post='3030885']
I believe [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxt9PoJNkg&list=FL43csBnf1Wv0ihi8QisTEww"]this[/url] sums up my feelings nicely.
[/quote]
I think this one is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1347826836' post='3030839']
Lol. The unbelievable hypocrisy is just getting funny now. You're [i]always[/i] the one who talks about "if it passed a democratic community vote it stands" and stuff like that. Hilarious to no end that you want to restrict the democracy you stand by so firmly by limiting the amount of polls on an issue, just because you don't like how opposed people are to something you believe in.

!@#$, woman, you should run for office.

Oh, also, death to preplanning.
[/quote]

I am pretty sure it is obvious that the problem is the constant nagging of the public because some people can't seem to get over it.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII