An Announcement from the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1343782146' post='3017392']
If the alliances that ODN is fighting are a Crap-pile(TM) and you needed (even more) help to fight them, what this tells about your alliance? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

A little more petrol never hurts a fire.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1343782146' post='3017392']
If the alliances that ODN is fighting are a Crap-pile(TM) and you needed (even more) help to fight them, what this tells about your alliance? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

About ODN? Not a whole lot. But it does say that you're trying too hard or that you don't to get how coalition warfare works.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343781994' post='3017391']
Legion are still at war with ODN, though. Peace obviously wasn't imminent (since we're still at war now, and will still be tomorrow, and probably the day after), and if ODN want peace by their terms, then GATO does what it can to get them peace by their terms.

It's not opportunism or some effort to look like a hard-ass or anything of the sort, it's just war-time coalition work.
[/quote]

"It's not opportunism, it's not false bravado... We're merely helping ODN do what they're not strong enough to do on their own!" You're making your allies look [i]fantastic.[/i]

[quote name='Mompson' timestamp='1343773553' post='3017356']
You should probably stop thinking you know one bit of information about Polar Legion relations. Neither of us keep treaties for show.
[/quote]
Enlighten us by activating the damn thing, then.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343788945' post='3017415']
Enlighten us by activating the damn thing, then.
[/quote]
Wouldn't really change anything for Umbrella would it? Umbrella would call NpO a bunch of cowards when NpO's larger nations are put into PM while Umbrella hides thier sub 70k NS nations in PM.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1343778986' post='3017374']
No.

The member of the Crap-pile(TM) coalition of alliances still fighting ODN and allies on our front who is holding things up has exhibited a fair degree of confusion during the process, so I'm not surprised to find misinformation floating around.
[/quote]

Yeah the "crap pile" coalition that has decimated your alliance

I'm pretty sure "the Network" won't be hungering for much anytime soon

[quote name='conistonslim' timestamp='1343790996' post='3017421']
Wouldn't really change anything for Umbrella would it? Umbrella would call NpO a bunch of cowards when NpO's larger nations are put into PM while Umbrella hides thier sub 70k NS nations in PM.
[/quote]
I don't know why you're telling me about Umbrella's policies or implying that the upper tier is irrelevant. All Umbrella can even do at this point is fund wars until somebody with an upper tier mans up.

[quote name='Mr Havok' timestamp='1343792198' post='3017424']

[/quote]
Haha, "decimated." That's cute.

Edited by Neo Uruk

[/quote]

No, you see, it's Crap-pile(TM) because it was a dog-pile including CRAP. See how that works?

The only MCXA member I have fought was courteous and entertaining. I'm not sure what your difficulty is, but you should perhaps try to emulate him. The whole macho thing won't really work, given the circumstances.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343792639' post='3017425']
I don't know why you're telling me about Umbrella's policies or implying that the upper tier is irrelevant. All Umbrella can even do at this point is fund wars until somebody with an upper tier mans up.
[/quote]

When someone with an upper tier mans up Umbrella will try to ally them to avoid the conflict. :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Oh good lord, someone took offense to a CRAP based pun. Our upper tiers are pretty much untouched, I think we'll be fine.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343792639' post='3017425']
[/quote]
Eh, thought you were im Umbrella actually.

[quote name='OPArsenal' timestamp='1343783477' post='3017399']
"It's not opportunism, it's not false bravado... We're merely helping ODN do what they're not strong enough to do on their own!" You're making your allies look [i]fantastic.[/i]
[/quote]

ODN did a fantastic job with every single one of their many attackers, but after a month and a half of being dogpiled, I don't see the issue. Especially since they've avoided giving ODN a real fight, rather than a focused segment of their popuation. It'd be an ridiculous if the multitude of failures that declared on ODN exclusively in the lower tier hadn't gotten somewhere.

What do you actually expect from coalition warfare? Do you expect us just to sit around indefinitely, respecting the right of alliances to fight wars entirely on their own terms, accepting their peace terms when they're good and ready?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1343793511' post='3017429']
When someone with an upper tier mans up Umbrella will try to ally them to avoid the conflict. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

D34th, you kill me lol

[quote name='conistonslim']
Eh, thought you were im Umbrella actually.
[/quote]
I made the same mistake thinking they were in umbrella, but it is a Gooner now apparently.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343813017' post='3017492']
OWhat do you actually expect from coalition warfare? Do you expect us just to sit around indefinitely, respecting the right of alliances to fight wars entirely on their own terms, accepting their peace terms when they're good and ready?
[/quote]
Actually, that is exactly what the world expects from GATO.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1343851837' post='3017588']
Actually, that is exactly what the world expects from GATO.
[/quote]

That'd idiotic, why should we allow them to fight entirely on their own terms? They didn't expect that going in, I have no idea why they'd expect that now. You've never allowed people to fight entirely on their terms, nor has any sensible alliance, ever.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343861241' post='3017648']
That'd idiotic, why should we allow them to fight entirely on their own terms? They didn't expect that going in, I have no idea why they'd expect that now. You've never allowed people to fight entirely on their terms, nor has any sensible alliance, ever.
[/quote]

A better question is why do you expect the enemy to fight on your terms?

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1343862092' post='3017652']
A better question is why do you expect the enemy to fight on your terms?
[/quote]

I don't, but we can try and make it happen. And that's pretty much the point, isn't it? Is this War 101 or something?

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343865215' post='3017669']
I don't, but we can try and make it happen. And that's pretty much the point, isn't it? Is this War 101 or something?
[/quote]

[quote]What do you actually expect from coalition warfare? Do you expect us just to sit around indefinitely, respecting the right of alliances to fight wars entirely on their own terms, accepting their peace terms when they're good and ready? [/quote]

It would appear so.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1343866537' post='3017678']
It would appear so.
[/quote]

I don't really see what you're getting at here, to be honest.

ODN face various enemies, want peace on their terms, but as it stands those enemies sensibly seek to deny them that. We have some strength left that'd be useful, so we're going to try to push it along, as a sensible ally also does. Nobody is acting particularly irrationally or out of order here. They have a strategy (not sure it's the right one, but that's for an entirely different time) and then we come up with what we have in response.

Are we finished? Seems like all that remains is really to argue whether our presence will push Legion out. And I hope it does!

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343867601' post='3017682']
I don't really see what you're getting at here, to be honest.

ODN face various enemies, want peace on their terms, but as it stands those enemies sensibly seek to deny them that. We have some strength left that'd be useful, so we're going to try to push it along, as a sensible ally also does. Nobody is acting particularly irrationally or out of order here. They have a strategy (not sure it's the right one, but that's for an entirely different time) and then we come up with what we have in response.

Are we finished? Seems like all that remains is really to argue whether our presence will [s]push Legion out[/s] draw Polar in. And I hope it does!
[/quote]

I'm sure that's what you meant.