The Amazing Sanction Race

Logan

Why would you call it merges then? Wasn't it better for them to just disband and join you guys? In my opinion merging is when 2 allianties (mostly equally strong) MERGE to form another alliance. They both let go of their culture and be a new entity.

Also 3 merges in 3 weeks, i mean that is just pure coincedental?

Sorry if i sound so sour but i just dont like where this race is going too.

We were eligible for a sanction only because GPA, NADC and GATO got their $@! handed to them. It would've been different if we'd been growing tremendously for some time; we're not. Other than that, I am certain RoK is not doing this to taunt us. They want to grow stronger, just like everybody else, and obviously saw a great opportunity in absorbing (merging also means: "to become combined, united, swallowed up, or absorbed; lose identity by uniting or blending") two alliances into their own. A sanction is nothing more than a by-product of that growth.

Anyway, mergers never lead to 'letting go' an alliance's culture, especially when two relatively evenly matched alliances like RoK and ASC are combined. This is what makes it hard to sustain, as I pointed out when VE suddenly gained incredible score after Atlantis' disbandment. Deciding to merge is easy, keeping everyone happy in a new environment is what makes it so hard.

So congrats on the impressive gain, RoK, and good luck. :P

We were eligible for a sanction only because GPA, NADC and GATO got their $@! handed to them. It would've been different if we'd been growing tremendously for some time; we're not. Other than that, I am certain RoK is not doing this to taunt us. They want to grow stronger, just like everybody else, and obviously saw a great opportunity in absorbing (merging also means: "to become combined, united, swallowed up, or absorbed; lose identity by uniting or blending") two alliances into their own. A sanction is nothing more than a by-product of that growth.

Anyway, mergers never lead to 'letting go' an alliance's culture, especially when two relatively evenly matched alliances like RoK and ASC are combined. This is what makes it hard to sustain, as I pointed out when VE suddenly gained incredible score after Atlantis' disbandment. Deciding to merge is easy, keeping everyone happy in a new environment is what makes it so hard.

So congrats on the impressive gain, RoK, and good luck. :P

Very classy, Freek. Thank you. :)

You do sound sour. I'm sorry that the sanction race means more to you than it does to me and that you feel cheated because friends of ours decided to join us rather than disband and scatter.

Ofcourse we're sour, but please bear with us; We'll be screwed out of the sanction two times in a row due to people merging above us just before the audit. All this despite our massive recruitment efforts, solid jump plans and hundreds of millions in investments from TOP and Gramlins.

So I hope you don't take our disgruntlement too personally, because it isn't personal at all :). Good luck with the sanction race, and I hope that your next merger will be with an alliance that is above you in the race ;)

Edited by Scalare

I told you almost a month ago that we didn't plan on being caught... looks like I'm gonna win the 3 mil bet on you passing us in May. :P

-Bama

Thanks for mentioning Jaws, it seems to be our lucky charm. :P

Seriously though, I may have to retract my earlier statement if MK keeps this up... :popcorn:

-Bama

When I made the bet I meant both in NS and Score, so it's a tie atm :awesome:

Well, its not really an interesting race since people are merging to the top <_<

It's more interesting. Passes happen faster etc etc..

Just wait till all the Red Sphere alliances announce their massive merger :ph34r:

If the majority of the red sphere was NPO, that'd be pretty scary :P

It would be funny if to combat all the small-medium sized alliances merging the large alliances started merging. TOP/Gramlins, NPO/NpO, Sparta/TPF, etc. That would be scary.

I'd cry if Citadel merged.

Ofcourse we're sour, but please bear with us; We'll be screwed out of the sanction two times in a row due to people merging above us just before the audit. All this despite our massive recruitment efforts, solid jump plans and hundreds of millions in investments from TOP and Gramlins.

So I hope you don't take our disgruntlement too personally, because it isn't personal at all :). Good luck with the sanction race, and I hope that your next merger will be with an alliance that is above you in the race ;)

Don't worry FOK, you'll get there soon! I'll totally wear your flag when you get sanctioned :D

Because they merged into and not with us, but it is still a merge. They chose to let go of their old identity and adopt Ragnarok as their home. They chose us because they liked our culture and how we do things and weren't forced into doing so. As for the timing, you'd have to ask them since they approached us. I can only assume it is because after the first alliance chose to do so, they were now aware that we were willing to listen.

Pretty much this explains it for ROG. Me personally, I brought the idea to my council because I noticed after the ASC merger how well mergers were received in the international community. I was always of the mindset that if I allowed my alliance to merge into another, that I had failed as a leader. That is not the case in any sense. :)

My former ROG members all love their new homes in RoK I'm proud to say, so I don't think I failed them in the least.

:wub: FOK, but merging to get sanction was not our intent, kinda makes me upset to even think that ppl think that was the motive behind all of it :/

*Prodigy404 doesn't believe you... :lol:

how about 1 Vision merging together?

Also, no update?

Update is not for another several hours.

Also, I think that the Drop Line should be changed. Right now as it is, .3 below the Add Line, it does not really give a very big cushion. The original plan by whoever proposed it was to have the alliance dropped after 3 days if they fell below the add line, I believe. Right now the cushion is so small, you hardly see any alliance last a day in that state between the Add/Drop Lines.

The Add Line is 50% of the number 12 spot. I think the drop line should also be a percentage based off the number 12 spot, instead of a set amount based off the Add line; The Drop line could be something like 45% of the number 12 spot. This shouldn't add too much work at all :)

They're called mergers :P

Well, truth be told, we've gotten boosts from the troubles of Rage, GPA, and Atlantis respectively, among others. I don't know if we'd merge with anybody ahead of us as I doubt we'd want to lose our identity, and nobody has really approached us with an offer anyway. Unless you're offering ... :popcorn:

Update is not for another several hours.

Also, I think that the Drop Line should be changed. Right now as it is, .3 below the Add Line, it does not really give a very big cushion. The original plan by whoever proposed it was to have the alliance dropped after 3 days if they fell below the add line, I believe. Right now the cushion is so small, you hardly see any alliance last a day in that state between the Add/Drop Lines.

The Add Line is 50% of the number 12 spot. I think the drop line should also be a percentage based off the number 12 spot, instead of a set amount based off the Add line; The Drop line could be something like 45% of the number 12 spot. This shouldn't add too much work at all :)

Or we simply increase the add line. The average of all sanctioned alliances divided by 2, for example.

Well, truth be told, we've gotten boosts from the troubles of Rage, GPA, and Atlantis respectively, among others. I don't know if we'd merge with anybody ahead of us as I doubt we'd want to lose our identity, and nobody has really approached us with an offer anyway. Unless you're offering ... :popcorn:

Sure. VE can merge into Andromeda :P

Our charter forbids mergers, essentially, as per our preamble and my duty to uphold the intent of said preamble.

I was way too lazy to do the actual math (just did it approximately in my head), but wouldn't that be something like 15-16ish? Which is a ridiculously high add line <_<

It's a sanction race.

And it would be 17.40

That's awful. I want to see the Drop Line lowered. >_> Bigger alliances grow faster. The drop line is only going to rise, and it will rise at a faster rate than the alliances near it. I think 40% of 12th place's score would do.

Yeah, it's a sanction race, but there should be a modest number of alliances under the Sanctioned alliances to keep the topic interesting. >_>

Not much discussion... other than from the 15 alliances... that'd be boring.

*Ephriam Grey snoodles Prodigy404

:o

Well, I personally think it comes down to the question of what we want the thread to be - if we did 15 alliances, it would show only those who are more realistically going to be sanctioned next audit, and we could probably update it more often and put in more stats, like percentages.

But I think it's fun to have a healthy bunch of alliances - more fun for more people.

As we saw with RoK (and now to a lesser extent/ongoing with MA), two small alliances rocketed from obscurity to sanction spots/are headed for one. I think it's important to keep the field to alliances with a chance for a sanction; but keep in mind how fast things can change, and any alliance currently on the list could grab a spot if conditions are right.