A Bal Masqué announcement

[quote name='longnameislonger' timestamp='1338930181' post='2977807']
You've absorbed a bunch of people who came to an alliance just for Rota. You have to deal with 1) the quality of people who would do this (perhaps questionable?) and 2) what happens when Rota hops (half of your alliance is disgruntled and doesn't like you as a leader?).

Why you would want to absorb the fan club of an alliance hopper is unclear, but they are going to be your problem when she splits.
[/quote]

It's not as if they joined based on knowing her before and being obsessed with her. They're mostly new nations she recruited.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338930359' post='2977809']
It's not as if they joined based on knowing her before and being obsessed with her. They're mostly new nations she recruited.
[/quote]

Hm. Do you find it strange she was able to recruit, what, 19 members in a week? I wonder what the expectations of those new nations are. Or even who is controlling them.

Maybe Rota leaving could be more of a loss than you think.

Edited by longnameislonger

[quote name='longnameislonger' timestamp='1338930181' post='2977807']
You've absorbed a bunch of people who came to an alliance just for Rota. You have to deal with 1) the quality of people who would do this (perhaps questionable?) and 2) what happens when Rota hops (half of your alliance is disgruntled and doesn't like you as a leader?).

Why you would want to absorb the fan club of an alliance hopper is unclear, but they are going to be your problem when she splits.
[/quote]

Anyone who chooses to join BM will do so knowing Roq leads it. So there really isn't an issue in that respect, and even if there will be, I'm pretty sure we won't mind anyone leaving the alliance.
As for Rotavele, the same applies. We'll see how she does. I may have some reservations as of now, but anyone new to the alliance deserves a chance to prove him-/herself in my opinion.

And I suppose we should thank you for looking out for our interests though, really appreciate it. ;)

Edited by Tromp

Congratulations! I like everyone involved and I think that this is gonna be good for pretty much everyone.

Also, I'm glad you'll be participating in the latest NG contest going on in our forums. For some reason I have a feeling Rotavele is a contender!!!!

[quote name='longnameislonger' timestamp='1338930462' post='2977811']
Hm. Do you find it strange she was able to recruit, what, 19 members in a week? I wonder what the expectations of those new nations are. Or even who is controlling them.

[/quote]
This is always the dumbest argument without any solid proof. Recruitment is partially luck, and partly how your recruitment messages appeal to people joining.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1338916627' post='2977613']
I'm not sure how morons like yourself and Myth got the arrogance to actually believe that you're even on the same plane of existence as me, tbh.
[/quote]

Trust me, I don't find myself anywhere near your plane of existence.

In fact, I honestly didn't know anyone who is so terrible they have and have to maintain their own individual plane of existence...Until now.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1338930937' post='2977819']
This is always the dumbest argument without any solid proof. Recruitment is partially luck, and partly how your recruitment messages appeal to people joining.
[/quote]

No, actually it's not. Recruitment is really simple and anyone can do it. It's a matter of whether it's worth it or not to people.

Well that was disappointingly quick. Especially since Rotavele said Sovrana would eventually be opening to... members. I know I shouldn't expect honesty around here but... Hell... Nevermind. I'm just a grumpy old man expecting more than most are willing to give. Carry on.

[quote name='longnameislonger' timestamp='1338930462' post='2977811']

[/quote]

Its a conspiracy.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1338930937' post='2977819']
[/quote]

This is 100% right. You cant have:

1) Long Boring Messages
2) JOIN US, No reason
3) Give advice/Guarentee Advice
4) Give hope
5) Make the application process extremely simple and look even simpler.

And one thing that worked the best for me, is that I did not require them to sign up and apply on the forums, Most did still, but I gave them their forum account info to a masked forum account with their ruler name, and made them read the guides.

That is what got the most of em in, then when im sure they're ready to be full members, they become full members and get tech deals. Or if they dont get tech deals, they usually leave and whine about being poor.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338931396' post='2977825']
Trust me, I don't find myself anywhere near your plane of existence.

In fact, I honestly didn't know anyone who is so terrible they have and have to maintain their own individual plane of existence...Until now.
[/quote]
There's the cheeky fellow himself, back to post more !@#$.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338931571' post='2977829']
No, actually it's not. Recruitment is really simple and anyone can do it. It's a matter of whether it's worth it or not to people.
[/quote]
How do you breathe?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338929790' post='2977798']
Absorbing a small alliance? I don't really know. Worst case scenario in terms of this is Rotavele hops again. It doesn't really change any other dynamics.
[/quote]
Hey I need a chair in my room, but I'm not gonna bring a trash can in and sit on it

[quote name='longnameislonger' timestamp='1338933119' post='2977843']
Mystery solved. I look forward to watching BM's new chapter!
[/quote]

i mean, she did say she made accounts for them and honestly, they're in for a hard landing if they're just going to ghost tbh. They're going to actually have to sign up on the forums to carry over.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338933192' post='2977845']
i mean, she did say she made accounts for them and honestly, they're in for a hard landing if they're just going to ghost tbh. They're going to actually have to sign up on the forums to carry over.
[/quote]

Didn't you know? Rotavele rules BM now. So shut up homie. :P

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338933192' post='2977845']
[/quote]

Do you change your signature pic and avatar every day?

[quote name='vandelsand' timestamp='1338938381' post='2977900']
Do you change your signature pic and avatar every day?
[/quote]

No, it's a dynamic link that's set to change to a number of preselected avatars and signatures. Well, two dynamic links.

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1338942847' post='2977960']
The tech deals that were started under Sovrana will be completed...if the tech isn't delivered you'll be hearing from me.

Good luck with this.
[/quote]

Typically, an absorption doesn't mean the tech deals of the members of the alliance that is absorbed are wiped clean. If they move over and are masked members on the forums, then yes, they'll be completed but we're not going to take responsibility for people who don't move or sign up.

Edited by Roquentin