Congrats TPF!

Neo Uruk

Pretty much stopped reading the thread after Schatt's post, as I figured after that point the thread would degrade into useless crapposting and projectile vomiting of rhetoric (and go figure, a cursory glance looks like it turned into bickering around MCXA, which seems to be the new "Crymson vs Polar" of the OWF and is now featured in every thread it doesn't need to be).

I think this cancellation works well for both parties. Invicta has more maneuverability to pursue its own FA course, and TPF gets to fall in line and mimic the big red leg they've been content to hump for years. It truly is a win-win.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1338398596' post='2974572']
Haha, because everybody but MK loves Invicta. You're correct. And also dumb as hell.[/quote]
Looks like you completely missed the point, so you might want to be careful about calling anyone dumb as hell. The point isn't that only someone from MK would dislike them. The point is that your little attack has absolutely no substance and consists entirely of weak sarcasm and MK catchphrases. If Invicta has done something to wrong you or cause offense, that might be interesting, let's hear about it. Or if you have some specific (and mildly original) criticisms of them that don't also apply to nearly every AA out there (including your allies and merged-in AA's) then that might be interesting as well.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1338420323' post='2974809']
Looks like you completely missed the point, so you might want to be careful about calling anyone dumb as hell. The point isn't that only someone from MK would dislike them. The point is that your little attack has absolutely no substance and consists entirely of weak sarcasm and MK catchphrases. If Invicta has done something to wrong you or cause offense, that might be interesting, let's hear about it. Or if you have some specific (and mildly original) criticisms of them that don't also apply to nearly every AA out there (including your allies and merged-in AA's) then that might be interesting as well.
[/quote]
this is probably the longest someone's taken to call me out on being friends with mk wow

But Prodigal Moon, !@#$posting is perfectly fine when it's MK doing it or someone repeating their catchphrases. Might want to head over to the Restaurant so you can take in the "culture," and one day you ,too, can be a proud sycophant!

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338422784' post='2974834']
But Prodigal Moon, !@#$posting is perfectly fine when it's MK doing it or someone repeating their catchphrases. Might want to head over to the Restaurant so you can take in the "culture," and one day you ,too, can be a proud sycophant!
[/quote]
I, um.....

Well, I suppose. But cut us simple lackey wannabes some slack :(

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338422784' post='2974834']
[/quote]

wow no

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338447277' post='2975087']
I realize that hit close to home for you.
[/quote]
How do you feel knowing that you enabled MK for years, exactly?

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1338447717' post='2975089']
How do you feel knowing that you enabled MK for years, exactly?
[/quote]

I've already said it was a really bad idea and I should have done things differently. I placed a lot of emphasis on the positive relations I had with people there since pretty much everyone knew me. It's an issue I frequently bring up since I made the mistake of caring about friendship over other things and made some terrible political decisions as a result, like forming Doomhouse, for instance. I guess I should have anticipated it backfiring in the long run, but hindsight is 20/20. There are a lot of things I regret, tbh.

I guess I'm trying to think about what I should have done. Some people like Exaotus after the TPF war wanted to cancel on allies that were hostile to TOP, particularly MK. Maybe that should have done? I think for most of 09 the relationship wasn't that great, so it should have probably ended at some point late 09 early 10. The issue is I didn't really like the idea of being a TOP toadie either though and cancelling every other tie would have kind of made us into an Invicta style junior partner and I've never been a big fan of letting other alliances have a cult following within the alliance, which is the problem with Umbrella. That's not to say I disliked TOP since I liked the alliance, especially Crymson oddly enough, I just didn't like the idea of being a follower alliance for a bigger one.

I guess not really good. You do realize a lot of people frequently bring up stuff like "you created this world" and my credibility kind of sucks as a result, right? Though it's kind of funny hearing that and then having people call me irrelevant at the same time.

It was also a goal to eclipse MK in terms of being a power player, so meh.

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110412023813/slapyafaceohyeahson/images/9/9b/Feelsbadman.jpg[/img]

Edited by Roquentin

• 2 weeks later...

Our great secret is out.

TimLee is correct. Since we don't like worthless announcement any more than you do, we made it a policy not to make announcements of little or no significance to politics, and those cancellations did not effect our position in the web.

At the time we decided on that policy our FA was very much on the periphery of the web and cancellations like these were, at most, of minor significance. As a result of our current FA position, that policy will be reviewed before any further cancellations. If we believe retaining that policy will result in more threads like this, that may be sufficient reason to keep it on the books for the time being.

Edited by Roadie

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1338401467' post='2974597']
(and go figure, a cursory glance looks like it turned into bickering around MCXA, which seems to be the new "Crymson vs Polar" of the OWF and is now featured in every thread it doesn't need to be)
[/quote]

Just now saw this. This should end now that Rotavele isn't in MCXA any more.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339368687' post='2980400']
Just now saw this. This should end now that Rotavele isn't in MCXA any more.
[/quote]

Here's a hint : It won't.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339573503' post='2982009']
While we're talking about silent cancellations. I'm putting an apb out for anyone who knows what happened to the TOP-Nordreich treaty. Or did I just miss the thread?
[/quote]
6 month review clause was on the treaty. Both sides decided not to keep it I presume.