Notice of Policing Action

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1337783188' post='2971109']
Why would we need an excuse to hit you?

A. you invited us to attack you.
B. You did the same thing GOONs did to Mongols which EVERYONE knows Kaskus is against.

Therefore we have One valid reason and one invitation already.
[/quote]

Any alliance is more than welcome to attack us, as they are sovereign alliances and that is their call to make. We do not control alliances that are not ourselves. If you truly feel that the "terms" of "present a negotiator from PROIS to negotiate with us" is akin to forcing the alliance to disband, then I can only assume that you agree that PROIS can not even get together to negotiate their own peace from a war, in which case they are not an alliance, and the terms of "find an alliance and go join it" are open to them. Despite what I admit is harsh wording on USMC's part, there's no way we would deny them entry into any real alliance in the game, including the alliances of any of the people complaining in this thread. In any case, Tetris does not do perma-war, and our tech raid policy is to raid saying "PM for peace". Most likely, any nation still on the AA at the end of a round of wars would be left alone and we'd go find something else to do. If you view this as being akin to forcing them to disband no matter what, then please stop hiding behind the pretense of being open to a peaceful resolution of this conflict and put your money where your mouth is. I'm quite tired of the run-around.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1337783188' post='2971109']
Why would we need an excuse to hit you?

A. you invited us to attack you.
B. You did the same thing GOONs did to Mongols which EVERYONE knows Kaskus is against.

Therefore we have One valid reason and one invitation already.
[/quote]

The same could be said for Tetris. They are dealing with what is essentially a rogue alliance. They have a history of fighting rogue alliances, and are therefore taking handling the situation based on precedents.

If the alliance in question has no working government, then its not an alliance and youre exerting your demands (or else!) on Tetris for nothing.

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1337784607' post='2971119']
The same could be said for Tetris. They are dealing with what is essentially a rogue alliance. They have a history of fighting rogue alliances, and are therefore taking handling the situation based on precedents.

If the alliance in question has no working government, then its not an alliance and youre exerting your demands (or else!) on Tetris for nothing.
[/quote]
Rogue alliance?

Alliance?

I do believe it was a single nation under 2k NS that rogued.

Just because that alliance doesn't currently have a representative of sorts, does not justify this type of action.

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1337785600' post='2971126']
Rogue alliance?

Alliance?

I do believe it was a single nation under 2k NS that rogued.

Just because that alliance doesn't currently have a representative of sorts, does not justify this type of action.
[/quote]

Well, if I were threatened by another alliance, I would certainly try to find a way to negotiate asap. Because if they don't it sends 2 messages.

1) They dont care about their members attacking Tetris
2) They will gather support from their friends (kaskus and paragon?) and they'll "out bully" the "bully"

Certainly they could just write it of as nothing, but are they supposed to just let PROIS attack them over and over again and just take it? "Well, they dont have leadership, lol" is not an excuse. Tetris has offered them peaceful options, and still offers them a peaceful way out. Any international interference is just unneeded escalation.

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1337786114' post='2971127']
2) They will gather support from their friends (kaskus and paragon?) and they'll "out bully" the "bully"

Certainly they could just write it of as nothing, but are they supposed to just let PROIS attack them over and over again and just take it? "Well, they dont have leadership, lol" is not an excuse. Tetris has offered them peaceful options, and still offers them a peaceful way out. Any international interference is just unneeded escalation.
[/quote]
Hey, dummy:
[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1337756098' post='2970964']
Uh, yeah, there was no need to declare on PRIS for this, as they are hardly responsible for the actions of a ghost. We were already at war with the rogue in question when he attacked NATO as a None, and he subsequently switched to ghosting PRIS 4 days ago. If you follow the money trail, you will actually find quite a neat little scam, which I would be happy to show you if you want to query me.
[/quote]

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1337786114' post='2971127']
Well, if I were threatened by another alliance, I would certainly try to find a way to negotiate asap. Because if they don't it sends 2 messages.

1) They dont care about their members attacking Tetris

[/quote]

Why can't you understand that this was not a member of PROIS, but a ghost. NATO has made that clear, and a simple check of the war and aid screens (totally reasonable steps to expect) would have confirmed that. PROIS did nothing wrong except to take longer than 24 hours to respond. Tetris's own membership is apparently taking that long to respond to the call to arms. I can't imagine why people think this is anything other than a facepalm by Tetris.

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1337784607' post='2971119']

[/quote]

So we are going on how tetris dealed with rogues then?

then how about we deal with how we dealt with stuff after GOONs did the same thing to Mongols? now are we overreacting?

Kaskus is part mongols as you know, and having been in the situation themselves they want to help out. or is this immoral because Tetris is 1/3 the size GOONs was?

(swapped quote)

Edited by Lord Caparo

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1337786381' post='2971131']
Tetris, did you learn nothing from our last meeting?

I thought you were smarter then this.
[/quote]

They learned not to try it on anyone with any kind of means to fight back ;)

Edit: You grossly overestimate their intelligence

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1337786358' post='2971130']

touche.
[/quote]
[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1337786341' post='2971129']
I somehow fear you're wasting your time trying to explain the blindly obvious to someone who clearly wears blinkers ;)
[/quote]
Miracles happen.

This is foolish. What did all the other members of PRIS do to Tetris? Beat the tar out of the rogue/ghost, no one cares about that part...but how is that an excuse to bully an entire AA? No matter how small. <_<

AZ is watching :ph34r:

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1337786957' post='2971139']
This is foolish. What did all the other members of PRIS do to Tetris? Beat the tar out of the rogue/ghost, no one cares about that part...but how is that an excuse to bully an entire AA? No matter how small. <_<

AZ is watching :ph34r:
[/quote]

Apparently PROIS isn't watching

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1337786255' post='2971128']
Hey, dummy:
[/quote]

You see, the issue with this is, while yes he was at war already and yes he just joined the AA, how do we know he isn't a member? They have no charter, no admission rules, and you're lying to yourself if you think it's uncommon for AAs, especially noob AAs, to accept members who are at war.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1337787211' post='2971140']
Apparently PROIS isn't watching
[/quote]HAHA True that! oh well someone is gonna have nice surprises when they do log on. Perhaps they will enjoy seeing their AA pillaged and destroyed...you did say you were doing them a favor, correct guys?

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1337788174' post='2971143']
You see, the issue with this is, while yes he was at war already and yes he just joined the AA, how do we know he isn't a member? They have no charter, no admission rules, and you're lying to yourself if you think it's uncommon for AAs, especially noob AAs, to accept members who are at war.
[/quote]

They have no official forums so one should easily presume that they have no formal admissions process. Spin this all you want, but in the end, you still have yet to send an attacker at the rogue while you continue to raid the rest of the alliance. Where is the retribution upon the rogue?

@ Sabcat: GASP! maybe not everyone is as well acquainted with the OWF as yourself. Ever thought of that? Probably not or else you wouldn't have made such an ignorant statement.

Edited by MitchellBade

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1337788592' post='2971147']
They have no official forums so one should easily presume that they have no formal admissions process. Spin this all you want, but in the end, you still have yet to send an attacker at the rogue while you continue to raid the rest of the alliance. Where is the retribution upon the rogue?

@ Sabcat: GASP! maybe not everyone is as well acquainted with the OWF as yourself. Ever thought of that? Probably not or else you wouldn't have made such an ignorant statement.
[/quote]

Ignorant statement? It's a perfectly correct statement - they haven't posted. Still, 10 pages of the same arguments going around and around and bit of posturing from Kaskus, the self styled champions of the underdog.

The strange thing is, if Tetris had posted that they were going to smash up PROIS for fun no one would have cared at all, apart from perhaps Kasksu who make their friends based on the size of the alliance rather than their character. I hope that works out for them.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1337788515' post='2971146']
10 pages in and still not a post from a member of PROIS.
[/quote]
There are over 33,000 registered users on the OWF. Less than 6,000 have a postcount of more than 25. Less than 3,000 have a postcount over 100.
LSF has only 12 registered users here, only 4 of which have a postcount over 10. You see where I'm going with this? There have been hundreds of thousands of rulers, only a tiny fraction ever come here, and only a drop in the sea ever get involved on the OWF. That has nothing to do with whether or not it is ok to roll them.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1337789486' post='2971151']
There are over 33,000 registered users on the OWF. Less than 6,000 have a postcount of more than 25. Less than 3,000 have a postcount over 100.
LSF has only 12 registered users here, only 4 of which have a postcount over 10. You see where I'm going with this? There have been hundreds of thousands of rulers, only a tiny fraction ever come here, and only a drop in the sea ever get involved on the OWF. That has nothing to do with whether or not it is ok to roll them.
[/quote]

You misunderstand the point I'm making. 10 pages of comment and only one party with any involvement in this is here.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1337789795' post='2971154']
You misunderstand the point I'm making. 10 pages of comment and only one party with any involvement in this is here.
[/quote]
Extortion and aggression are everyone's business.