Announcement from Pandora's Box

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334599990' post='2954345']
I think I summarized what the war is about without people needing to read 12 threads, minus the flood of posts by you guys drowning out any real information on what happened to cause this war to begin with.
[/quote]

You forgot the part where you already summarized the war in your own words in those 12 other threads.

[quote name='dunhill2071' timestamp='1334600086' post='2954347']
Meth has no understanding of the situation....
[/quote]
I forgot to mention the part where you convinced them to post on your mercy board, where you guys threw insults at them and provoked them until they responded by writing an essay to fulfill the terms which hurt GOONS feelings. Although I think I have a better understanding than you.

[quote name='dunhill2071' timestamp='1334600509' post='2954352']
Nope :awesome: They insulted us if you read the post.... If you can read since thus far that has proven to be a challenge for you.
[/quote]
They started out very polite offering to buy any GOONS who live nearby a beer, but all they got were rude responses and threats of wanting to roll them along with Kaskus as responses. I didn't even need to read past page one of the mercy board thread to see where it was going and it was a garbage thread of you guys treating another alliance like !@#$ for trying to reach a peace agreement through your forum.

Nope :awesome: They insulted us if you read the post.... If you can read since thus far that has proven to be a challenge for you.
[/quote]

:lol1:

You are insulting his reading skills right there. I bet you 1,000,000 tech that he can read just fine.

I have seen this same damn jab like four times now :mad:

[/quote]

The mercy board is a vile excuse to debase and humiliate others and any pretense that it is any sort of tool of diplomacy is a joke. It may be fine for getting those clueless unaligned nations to come in and prostrate themselves for your amusement, but no self-respecting alliance should ever consider it. Even suggesting it is a slap in the face. I would be shocked that any one decided to meet you halfway by doing any inane request suggested, but I'm not, because it's clear that they had no idea what it is really about.

You actually expect them to be reasonable now after they came and humored your request and then was so disrespected?

Anyway, I don't really care what your faux justification are, I doubt you were going to let them off, anyway. You just wanted to see them humiliate themselves first.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Figured it is time to go down memory lane. Way back at the beginning, when I pointed out that if GOONS wanted Reps from kaskus, they should be prepared to fight a very long time. The response?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1330619356' post='2931324']
A long-duration war [i][b]and[/b][/i] reps? That's what we live for.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I am dissapointed to say the least. This made me believe GOONS was willing to enforce their own policies to the bitter end. If GOONS must rely on other people to enforce their policies, what exactly is the point? I got nothing against War Reparations, but when you start a war and then prolong it to get them, I should think at the very least it is because you actually have the ability to follow through.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1334602038' post='2954362']
Figured it is time to go down memory lane. Way back at the beginning, when I pointed out that if GOONS wanted Reps from kaskus, they should be prepared to fight a very long time. The response?

I am dissapointed to say the least. This made me believe GOONS was willing to enforce their own policies to the bitter end. If GOONS must rely on other people to enforce their policies, what exactly is the point? I got nothing against War Reparations, but when you start a war and then prolong it to get them, I should think at the very least it is because you actually have the ability to follow through.
[/quote]

You remember that one time, I said something? Then I repeated myself. Then further down the road, I repeated myself again? Yeah? Good times.

Also Dr Beefstupid, whatever happened to that promise you would resign from GOONS if you guys had to call in help in this war against micros? Mongols have only got assistance from one other micro alliance, GOONS now have had to call in assistance from Umbrella, Non Grata, VE, FOK, as well as all the aid being sent to you guys from MK. Seems GOONS wasn't nearly as tough as you thought you guys were. Doesn't this prove GOONS can't do anything on their own and its time to move on? :P

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334602438' post='2954367']
Also Dr Beefstupid, whatever happened to that promise you would resign from GOONS if you guys had to call in help in this war against micros? Mongols have only got assistance from one other micro alliance, GOONS now have had to call in assistance from Umbrella, Non Grata, VE, FOK, as well as all the aid being sent to you guys from MK. Seems GOONS wasn't nearly as tough as you thought you guys were. Doesn't this prove GOONS can't do anything on their own and its time to move on? :P
[/quote]

But Methrage the outpouring of NEW reinforcements to the Kaskus AA was so overwhelming that they cannot possibly be considered a micro any longer

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1334352111' post='2952440']
I also love all of these accusations yet I see no proof other than the words coming out of your mouth. If you care to actually prove a point you'll need to do a bit more work than stating something which could very well be a lie.
[/quote]

Empty rhetoric. You believe it to be a lie, the burden of proof falls squarely on your shoulders.

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1334604399' post='2954383']
Empty rhetoric. You believe it to be a lie, the burden of proof falls squarely on your shoulders.
[/quote]

Faith: Not wanting to know the truth

Both sides don't document anything and expect the truth to uphold over time, meanwhile the facts are distorted out of proportion by the repeated arguments that offer absolutely nothing of value to the discussion. The burden of proof lies on Kaskus/Mongols and GOONS shoulders, not mine.

Edit: I mean if you are really going to cry foul play at least provide some evidence that it exists.

Edited by Tick1

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1334604800' post='2954386']
Faith: Not wanting to know the truth

Both sides don't document anything and expect the truth to uphold over time, meanwhile the facts are distorted out of proportion by the repeated arguments that offer absolutely nothing of value to the discussion. The burden of proof lies on Kaskus/Mongols and GOONS shoulders, not mine.

Edit: I mean if you are really going to cry foul play at least provide some evidence that it exists.
[/quote]
You're the only one complaining of lack of evidence, if you want to make a claim that they are lying, prove it. Otherwise just shut up. If someone with some credibility wanted to dispute any of the facts, then maybe somebody would dig up some more evidence. Although for a nobody such as yourself who is just arguing that you need proof for the hell of it, when no one one other than you has disputed what is common knowledge makes you look like an uninformed rambling fool. I wasn't going to bother responding to more of your posts, but there is no burden of proof on anyone if none of the facts are in dispute by anybody who would know.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334606062' post='2954398']
You're the only one complaining of lack of evidence, if you want to make a claim that they are lying, prove it. Otherwise just shut up. If someone with some credibility wanted to dispute any of the facts, then maybe somebody would dig up some more evidence. Although for a nobody such as yourself who is just arguing that you need proof for the hell of it, when no one one other than you has disputed what is common knowledge makes you look like an uninformed rambling fool. I wasn't going to bother responding to more of your posts, but there is no burden of proof on anyone if none of the facts are in dispute by anybody who would know.
[/quote]

Then why do both parties disagree on the nation that sent aid to the nation being raided?

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1334606224' post='2954400']
Then why do both parties disagree on the nation that sent aid to the nation being raided?
[/quote]
I haven't seen this disputed. If what you say is true, what nation does GOONS claim it is and what nation does Mongols claim it is? I think both sides have agreed its a nation from Mongols who sent the aid, so that part hasn't been disputed.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334606358' post='2954401']
I haven't seen this disputed. If what you say is true, what nation does GOONS claim it is and what nation does Mongols claim it is? I think both sides have agreed its a nation from Mongols who sent the aid, so that part hasn't been disputed.
[/quote]

Maybe I asked the question incorrectly let me elaborate it for you.

GOONS claim the aid sent was war aid.
Mongols claim they had been doing tech deals with said nation.

I have not seen any proof that the Mongols nation had done any tech deals with the nation.

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1334606719' post='2954402']
GOONS claim the aid sent was war aid.
Mongols claim they had been doing tech deals with said nation.
[/quote]
The stories don't contradict each other. If I'm doing tech deals with someone and they get attacked, in order to deal with the attacks I would send them war aid to fight off their attackers so they can continue with the tech deals after.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334606913' post='2954403']
The stories don't contradict each other. If I'm doing tech deals with someone and they get attacked, in order to deal with the attacks I would send them war aid to fight off their attackers so they can continue with the tech deals after.
[/quote]

Have you ever been raided before?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334607115' post='2954405']
Yeah, they were nuked many times.
[/quote]

Okay so are you telling me that you believe you cannot continue to do a tech deal after being raided at a NS of less than 2k?

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1334607238' post='2954406']
Okay so are you telling me that you believe you cannot continue to do a tech deal after being raided at a NS of less than 2k?
[/quote]
I've consistently done tech deals while around 1k infra, while at war with alliances ranging from ODN, GOONS, Non Grata and others. Never fell short on a tech deal. I believe people should be able to continue tech dealing if they are at war and it is possible to not fall short.

Edit: I'm still not sure what this has to do with what we're talking about though, I could on and one about things I've done. Why do you ask and how is this relevant though?

Edited by Methrage