An Announcement from TLR and NPO

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330933376' post='2933761']
Um, the rebel posted to that effect, too.[/quote]

I just said there was more Athens in that list than stated. Whether it is "Athens 2.0" or not who really cares?

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1330914444' post='2933582']
This is true if you fail to recall that Kamichi was one of the founders of Athens. :P
[/quote]
As far as I'm aware Kamichi was never in =LOST= you silly old coot :((

Also continue on with this we're Athens 2.0/MK's puppet etc stuff. It is really rather amusing to read.

It's not as important so much as to point out TLR isn't a completely different alliance from Athens. The main point is this can be perceived and is being perceived as an addition to the MK Co-Prosperity Sphere.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330952702' post='2933889']
The main point is this can be perceived and is being perceived as an addition to the MK Co-Prosperity Sphere.
[/quote]

Nice use of the passive there. You need to include the subject. "The main point is that I (Roquentin) perceive this as an addition..."

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1330933130' post='2933757']
Not really. CnG was originally the joint idea of one Londo Mollari and The Corrupt Teacher. In June of 2008 Londo Mollari founded the channel which was to become the CnG bloc government channel in which many lulz were had, subsequently inviting many others in. Everyone involved really liked the idea. We ran with it. Deal with it.

TMYK
[/quote]

And Stumpy. Don't leave out god king Stumpy.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1330961063' post='2933929']
If TLR are an Athens 2.0 that's fine with me. Athens were fine allies.
[/quote]

Well it'd obviously be fine with you given that is also the basis for TLR-NG. I did say it was a treaty that made sense. Other people didn't do so well when dealing with Athens.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1330886780' post='2933264']
But you convinced me, now I believe that when the times come and MK says: [i]"We need a new objective to keep our alliances together and prevent we to fight each other, therefore it's time to isolate NPO once again, TLR, cancel your treaty with them"[/i] TLR will stand up and say [i]"Never! I'll die beside my new BFF!"[/i] and CnG will say:[i] "We stand beside you TLR, we will burn for NPO together!"[/i] This is going to be glorious day indeed, I have tears in my eyes just for imagining it.
[/quote]

I hope you've got some tissues nearby.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330898982' post='2933376']
At the end of the day, TLR is an extension of the Mushroom Kingdom's influence whether you like it or not. This does not mean there is some form viceroyalty over TLR, it simply means TLR is part of the Mushroom Kingdom's sphere.
[/quote]

Couldn't you argue that, with this treaty, we are now an extension of [i]their[/i] sphere of influence? :ph34r:

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1330914573' post='2933583']
You hear that Impero! YOU sir, are next!
[/quote]

To be fair, there's been some pretty lovely photographic evidence floating around to prove this claim to not be entirely baseless, Rush.

Right now, MK and TLR are on the same page and shared the same agenda going in, making argumentation between the two a moot point. If there is ever a divide, it defaults to a state where MK uses its influence on C&G to get them to back down. In some cases, it is a good thing, given they are prone to do things that are not prudent, but in most cases, such tactics are a restriction of an alliance's sovereignty, albeit a willful one like with ODN.

For instance, Athens wanting to declare on an alliance out of the blue for using a non-chaining clause, something they had poo pooed DH for supposedly doing.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330962052' post='2933935']
Right now, MK and TLR are on the same page and shared the same agenda going in, making argumentation between the two a moot point. If there is ever a divide, it defaults to a state where MK uses its influence on C&G to get them to back down. In some cases, it is a good thing, given they are prone to do things that are not prudent, but in most cases, such tactics are a restriction of an alliance's sovereignty, albeit a willful one like with ODN.
[/quote]

Your argument is implying, however, that TLR would be acting against the best interests of CnG as well. Otherwise, why the hell would two alliances I'm not even tied to want to listen to me?

Edit for your edit: Athens ceased to exist on Bob on June, 19th, 2011.

Edited by Leet Guy

The blending of interests is a temporary one. It does exist, which is why they listen to you, which is why you talked to GATO, an alliance MK traditionally dislikes, as well.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330962463' post='2933938']
The blending of interests is a temporary one. It does exist, which is why they listen to you, which is why you talked to GATO, an alliance MK traditionally dislikes, as well.
[/quote]

NPO is an alliance "traditionally disliked" by the former-alliances that became TLR. Reach harder.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1330962556' post='2933940']
NPO is an alliance "traditionally disliked" by the former-alliances that became TLR. Reach harder.
[/quote]

Not Athens. GR has no influence and Shamed's veto went away with his resignation.

rsox wouldn't let it happen, but most of the active people had a hard-on for NPO, mostly due to non-political stuff. I remember Rush said something along the lines of "our politics are different, but we really like them." I already explained the root origins of such sentiments.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1330963883' post='2933955']
Ok everyone. Time to go home.

He's nuts.
[/quote]

Yay, couldn't give a proper argument, so resorted to that. Tell me this: how many people in Athens active core did not like NPO during the DH-NPO war?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330964020' post='2933957']
Yay, couldn't give a proper argument, so resorted to that. Tell me this: how many people in Athens active core did not like NPO during the DH-NPO war?
[/quote]

Almost all of them? There's a [i]large[/i] difference between not liking the NPO and not liking the nature by which you and I went about declaring war on them.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1330964491' post='2933962']
Almost all of them? There's a [i]large[/i] difference between not liking the NPO and not liking the nature by which you and I went about declaring war on them.
[/quote]

Considering they proposed attacking NPO months before for !@#$% and giggles, I don't agree. At some point after that, some sort of OOC relationship formed between the active members/gov and NPO's gov. How Athens views preempts is entirely based on whether or not they like the alliance in question.

Attacking an alliance that was going to enter: !@#$%bags

Attacking Veritas Aequitas for not entering: Sweet man.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330964598' post='2933965']
Considering they proposed attacking NPO months before for !@#$% and giggles, I don't agree. At some point after that, some sort of OOC relationship formed between the active members/gov and NPO's gov. How Athens views preempts is entirely based on whether or not they like the alliance in question.

Attacking an alliance that was going to enter: !@#$%bags

Attacking Veritas Aequitas for not entering: Sweet man.
[/quote]
hahahahahahaha

Now you're just a few steps and a little self-reflection away from starting your own thread and then derailing it by accusing yourself of double standards and an FA policy based around who you like.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1330964886' post='2933966']
hahahahahahaha

Now you're just a few steps and a little self-reflection away from starting your own thread and then derailing it by accusing yourself of double standards and an FA policy based around who you like.
[/quote]

I don't see how I can be accused of inconsitency.

Roq on MHA preempt: Well, I don't care that it's a preempt, but I still hate MK.

Roq on TOP preempt: same war.

Roq on Fark preempt: Awesome move.

AirMe on TOP preempt: "Go back to your anime hole, you furry," when Katsumi was entirely right.

AirMe on DH preempt: This is really bad!!!

AirMe on preempt of MHA: silence.

AirMe on Fark preempt: !@#$%bags!!

rsox on fark preempt: awful!! it's a tarp umbrellaa we must save teh order!!!

Edited by Roquentin